JamieLogical's Live from the MSC Meraviglia 10/25

JamieLogical

6 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I noticed on a lot of the pictures of pizza that not many include meat, other than pepperoni.  Do they have any pizza's with meats other than pepperoni, e.g. Italian Sausage, or combination of meats?  

Not generally. I did post that picture of one with smoked salmon for some reason!

Just now, JamieLogical said:

Not generally. I did post that picture of one with smoked salmon for some reason!

Thank you.  I've had squid pizza but cannot say I have ever had smoked salmon pizza.  I may have to give it a try.  

40 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I noticed on a lot of the pictures of pizza that not many include meat, other than pepperoni.  Do they have any pizza's with meats other than pepperoni, e.g. Italian Sausage, or combination of meats? 

I think this is still current, but I'd swear the list was longer on Divina.

image.png.52b9e270040a31a24262ecf19044dba1.png

No charge for YC guests.

Edited by Mark_T

Just now, Mark_T said:

I think this is still current, but I'd swear the list was longer on Divina.

image.png.52b9e270040a31a24262ecf19044dba1.png

No charge for YC guests.

That is the room service list. There are usually only about three to four types of pizza available on the buffet and usually only the pepperoni has meat, though as illustrated, one did include salmon yesterday.

• Like 1

Just now, JamieLogical said:

That is the room service list. There are usually only about three to four types of pizza available on the buffet and usually only the pepperoni has meat, though as illustrated, one did include salmon yesterday.

Yes, understood, all of those are available to order or you can see what the buffet has to offer.

12 hours ago, Mark_T said:

Yes, understood, all of those are available to order or you can see what the buffet has to offer.

If you are willing to wait, you can also ask the buffet pizza makers to make one with your choice of toppings.  The available types vary throughout the day as well. 

22 hours ago, Gold fish said:

Jamie, just wondering, because they don’t encourage extra tipping, do tip morning room service?

Tipping is up to the individual but I always bring $50 in ones with me and always gave the morning room service $1-2. They were appreciative.

On 11/4/2023 at 11:27 AM, DaKahuna said:

I just had a white pizza with sausage at the buffet 

• Thanks 1

No issues with traffic from the marathon today. Will try to get my blog updated soon, but I took a Lyft from the shop to my friends' apartment in Williamsburg without much issues and then a Lyft from their place to LGA just a bit ago and still no traffic. Waiting for my flight to begin boarding in about 15 minutes.

PS: Ted made it back aboard the Meraviglia today!

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

No issues with traffic from the marathon today. Will try to get my blog updated soon, but I took a Lyft from the shop to my friends' apartment in Williamsburg without much issues and then a Lyft from their place to LGA just a bit ago and still no traffic. Waiting for my flight to begin boarding in about 15 minutes.

PS: Ted made it back aboard the Meraviglia today!

Thanks for the 'Ted' update, so glad to hear he is back cruising again!

Edited by Mark_T

Hi Jamie,

Two questions, the Bamboo solarium area looks like it has a retractable roof. Would you say if you wanted to lounge/relax/read, was it warm enough to wear a bathing suit/cover up on the 1st and last sea days?

AND Do the bars in the public areas under the lightshow ceiling area have "outdoor" seating? I can see myself grabbing a table and people watching then catching the light show.

Thanks!

P.S. Having followed you and your solo gang in another MSC blog, I too was horrified to read of Ted's incident, like many others. So so glad he's better and could make the "back"! 

On 11/5/2023 at 6:38 PM, Terry in NJ said:

AND Do the bars in the public areas under the lightshow ceiling area have "outdoor" seating? I can see myself grabbing a table and people watching then catching the light show.

Thanks!

I found some you tube videos... I see there's lots of seating/viewing areas to watch the ceiling shows!

Sorry for the long delay in updating. Getting back to the real world has been SUPER busy. I will try to blog a bit about my final day and disembarkation at some point soon (hopefully later today). I will update that of the five people in my solo crew, two have now tested positive for COVID, one is sick but hasn't tested, and the other is sick but testing negative so far. I am the only one that is not sick and not testing positive (so far!).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I am the only one that is not sick and not testing positive (so far!).

Perhaps we need to add 'Mimosa Blossoms' to the list of preventative measures? 🙂

Glad you are OK though, and hope the others feel better soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Sorry for the long delay in updating. Getting back to the real world has been SUPER busy. I will try to blog a bit about my final day and disembarkation at some point soon (hopefully later today). I will update that of the five people in my solo crew, two have now tested positive for COVID, one is sick but hasn't tested, and the other is sick but testing negative so far. I am the only one that is not sick and not testing positive (so far!).

Sorry to hear. Hope you stay well Jamie.

On 11/5/2023 at 6:38 PM, Terry in NJ said:

Hi Jamie,

Two questions, the Bamboo solarium area looks like it has a retractable roof. Would you say if you wanted to lounge/relax/read, was it warm enough to wear a bathing suit/cover up on the 1st and last sea days?

Thanks!

P.S. Having followed you and your solo gang in another MSC blog, I too was horrified to read of Ted's incident, like many others. So so glad he's better and could make the "back"! 

Just like to point out that those of us reading on iPhones and other mobile devices cannot read this script. It appears as a pale fine cursive script. Please revert to the default font. 

• Like 2

On 11/4/2023 at 11:55 PM, benjaminnicholas said:

The pizza on the Mera is solid, but for a New Yorker, it's nothing special.

We had it delivered up to YC today and it was a nice change of pace, but nothing like the slices you can get in Queens or Manhattan.

That said, it's better than 95% of other cruise ship pizza I've had.

Hmmm....as a 74 year old Queens native, who spent a couple of years in Bklyn, and now lives in Manhattan....I found my Mera pizza delivered to the YC....just as good.  Different, but just as good.  I think NYC pizza is thicker and more cheese.  I had it a couple of days on the pool deck...and skipped YC dinner (except for dessert of course).

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

Just like to point out that those of us reading on iPhones and other mobile devices cannot read this script. It appears as a pale fine cursive script. Please revert to the default font. 

And here I was thinking I’m losing eyesight!!

• Like 1