Flam railway timing question

6 hours ago, BuckeyeMark said:

HOW CAN THEY BE SOLD OUT?!  They haven't even been on sale yet.

Tickets have ben on sale for few days. 
Each train has a capacity of 525 pax - the cruise lines and Norway's Best reserve a lot in advance and they sell out quickly. Vy has a share that is put up for sale 60 to 120 days before.

If you have a larger group, I would suggest that you contact Norways Best directly by email: sales@norwaysbest.com.

There might be a chance -  Sky Princess is The only ship in port June 18.

1 hour ago, hallasm said:

Tickets have ben on sale for few days. 
Each train has a capacity of 525 pax - the cruise lines and Norway's Best reserve a lot in advance and they sell out quickly. Vy has a share that is put up for sale 60 to 120 days before.

If you have a larger group, I would suggest that you contact Norways Best directly by email: sales@norwaysbest.com.

There might be a chance -  Sky Princess is The only ship in port June 18.

Gonna try Norways Best - and we're actually on the Apex on May 18.  But still the only ship in port.

Hi all,

We are in Flam on the Spirit of Adventure on 29 June 24 docking at 11am and leaving at 10pm. We are tendering.

I've just checked Norway's Best and the train departures at 13.30 and 14.55 are already sold out.

There is a departure at 12.10 but we're travelling with my 87 year old MIL so won't be able to move very fast!

I'm thinking it would be a bit risky to go for the 12.10. Would you folks agree?

The remaining departures are at 16.15, 17.30 and 18.45. Does anyone have any input on which one might be best?! I note the sun doesn't set until 23.00....

Thanks 🙏

2 hours ago, Nicstids said:

The remaining departures are at 16.15, 17.30 and 18.45. Does anyone have any input on which one might be best?! I note the sun doesn't set until 23.00...

The train departs at 12:00. Tender boats dock very close to the station but 12:00 is too risky. Other available times are fine - as long as you are back before departure - as you write, it is light until 23:00

1 minute ago, hallasm said:

The train departs at 12:00. Tender boats dock very close to the station but 12:00 is too risky. Other available times are fine - as long as you are back before departure - as you write, it is light until 23:00

Thank you 😊

On 12/19/2023 at 7:50 AM, gnome12 said:

But I looked at May 18; that was where I found that the 9:30 and 10:45 departures were sold out on Norway's Best (or had never been allocated to them).

thanks for the head up. Just booked 10:45 RT for 4 of us for May 18. 9:30 was available earlier but was sold out when I went to book?

1 hour ago, vkb2751 said:

thanks for the head up. Just booked 10:45 RT for 4 of us for May 18. 9:30 was available earlier but was sold out when I went to book?

I think some of them come and go as people reserve and change their minds. I don’t know whether 9:30 was ever available; if that is the first good time for cruise ship passengers the ship might have a lock on many of those seats, and others not allocated to Norway’s Best.