Luminae menus after the most recent update in August 2023?

tjunmin

Based on what I'm reading in CC, apparently the Luminae menus were updated around August 2023. Can anyone share the new menus? I only found a picture of the new breakfast menu, but nothing else. The Celebrity app is not showing any menus for my sailing yet.

7 hours ago, tjunmin said:

Based on what I'm reading in CC, apparently the Luminae menus were updated around August 2023. Can anyone share the new menus? I only found a picture of the new breakfast menu, but nothing else. The Celebrity app is not showing any menus for my sailing yet.

On the APP change to a current sailing on the same ship and you will see the new menus.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tjunmin said:

Same for me.  It showed  the lunch menus  in Luminae but the dinners are just desserts and coffee drinks.  I just looked to see if it was updated.   It still showed the deserts, a gap and then the coffee drinks. I wanted to look at the prices on the coffee drinks and scrolled down and for what ever reason the selections are after the coffee and deserts.  There is an another gap then the  cocktails, wines, appetizers and etc 

Strange layout. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

29 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

Appears to be too soon for Dec on the Connie as no menus on the app, yet. 

I can see the current menus for the MDR, Blu and Luminae  when I look at the current sailing of the Connie. 

In the app:

click on the calendar icon on the top which will bring up your upcoming cruises

scroll to the bottom and select Browse Our Ships which will bring up a list of ships

select the Connie and you will get a list of sailings

select the oct 12 - 21 sailing and the menu's are there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I can see the current menus for the MDR, Blu and Luminae  when I look at the current sailing of the Connie. 

In the app:

scroll to the bottom and select Browse Our Ships which will bring up a list of ships

You are so right, I missed that and thanks for the reminder!

37 minutes ago, miched said:

Same for me.  It showed  the lunch menus  in Luminae but the dinners are just desserts and coffee drinks.  I just looked to see if it was updated.   It still showed the deserts, a gap and then the coffee drinks. I wanted to look at the prices on the coffee drinks and scrolled down and for what ever reason the selections are after the coffee and deserts.  There is an another gap then the  cocktails, wines, appetizers and etc 

Strange layout. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Laminae menu on Connie looked great to me, a number of choices I'll be trying depending if the menu will be relatively similar in Dec.

I noticed the other day that the Luminae Menus are loaded for our Nov 25 Edge Cruise (first 7 days).  None are posted for the MDR or BLU.    I'm guessing they are just place holders but have the new Daniel B's Menu and my beloved Raspberry Pistachio desert is gone and replaced with ANOTHER  chocolate desert.

To be honest -  I don't see may changes, but haven't actually compared them.  I did notice the have a slow poached lobster as an appetizer on day 2 but the rest of the menu seems the same

Entrees

Potato Mezzaluna Pasta

Pan-Seared Red Snapper

Roasted Rib Eye Steak

Cauliflower Steak

Chef B

Chilled Corn Soup

Duck Leg Confit

Milk Chocolate Pill

Edited by Jim_Iain

15 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I noticed the other day that the Luminae Menus are loaded for our Nov 25 Edge Cruise (first 7 days).  None are posted for the MDR or BLU.    I'm guessing they are just place holders but have the new Daniel B's Menu and my beloved Raspberry Pistachio desert is gone and replaced with ANOTHER  chocolate desert.

To be honest -  I don't see may changes, but haven't actually compared them.  I did notice the have a slow poached lobster as an appetizer on day 2 but the rest of the menu seems the same

Entrees

Potato Mezzaluna Pasta

Pan-Seared Red Snapper

Roasted Rib Eye Steak

Cauliflower Steak

Chef B

Chilled Corn Soup

Duck Leg Confit

Milk Chocolate Pill

I'm a follower of your excellent reviews and pics and I bet that the pastry Chef may treat you to your Raspberry Pistachio. Never know, always worth the ask.

25 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I noticed my beloved Raspberry Pistachio desert is gone and replaced with ANOTHER  chocolate desert.

The Raspberry Pistachio dessert was gone from the menu back in May.  I try and avoid dessert but had to have that once or twice a sailing. 

I looked a couple weeks ago and the menu for Luminae was listed for my April 2024 sailing. They are all missing now. Like others said, you can look at another sailing but I’m not sure how accurate they are when it comes to rotations and days. I was trying to figure out which nights to book specialty restaurants depending on how the menu looked, but I don’t really think I’ll be able to do that accurately. Oh well! 

39 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The Raspberry Pistachio dessert was gone from the menu back in May.  I try and avoid dessert but had to have that once or twice a sailing. 

It was strange.  When we were on Apex for April and May the preliminary menus had the new Chef B menu but for the entire 3 cruises they had the original and the the Raspberry Pistachio.

It is my go to when too many Chocolate Deserts are the only thing on offer.   Also Ice Cream can be an alternative for me.

I will be back on Summit in January. I just looked at the Luminae menu for the Summit sailing that ended today and I agree with @Jim_Iain...much of it looks the same, which I don't love, since it's the same menu since I began sailing with Celebrity in January of this year. However, that Butternut Squash Lasagna drowning in Gruyère is my absolute favorite, so I'll survive!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Entrees

Potato Mezzaluna Pasta

Pan-Seared Red Snapper

Roasted Rib Eye Steak

Cauliflower Steak

Chef B

Chilled Corn Soup

Duck Leg Confit

Milk Chocolate Pill

I am on Millie in less than 2 weeks and the current sailing and my sailing still show the old Chef B menus. I also do not see any slow poached lobster as an app, they do have the Chilled Lobster salad.

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

In the app:

Thanks for the instructions. I was not aware how to change the app to a different sailing.

It is interesting that even for the current sailing of the Connie, only the dinner menus at Luminae are available in the app. No breakfast or lunch menus available.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tnm6217 said:

I will be back on Summit in January. I just looked at the Luminae menu for the Summit sailing that ended today and I agree with @Jim_Iain...much of it looks the same, which I don't love, since it's the same menu since I began sailing with Celebrity in January of this year. However, that Butternut Squash Lasagna drowning in Gruyère is my absolute favorite, so I'll survive!

I have to agree with you.   I don't think much has changed on the menu in about 10 years and can get really boring especially if you are doing multi-segment cruises (B2B+).    Having said that they have improved their Amuse-Bouche.    I would say some of our favorites is the Turbot and the  Eggplant Parmigiana.

3 hours ago, tnm6217 said:

Yes, that's one of my favorites as well!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, micruiser2002 said:

I am on Millie in less than 2 weeks and the current sailing and my sailing still show the old Chef B menus. I also do not see any slow poached lobster as an app, they do have the Chilled Lobster salad.

Poached lobster is shown in the dinner menu for day 11 on Millie's current sailing (Oct 12 - 24).