Air France Q's

EmmasNana

We will be flying DFW-CDG-FCO on Delta, operated by Air France. I paid to select seating, which I was okay about. 

1.  For luggage my paperwork says 4 x accessory and 4 x hand baggage (there are 4 of us). Does this mean I will need to pay for a checked bag? If so, any clue as to how much per bag and would it be for each leg of the flight? When I clicked on that option it wouldn't let me do it.

2.  I think I read that wine is free (even for the cheap seats). True or False?

3. When we get to CDG, I know we will do passport check. Do we need to collect our checked luggage and recheck it or will it go on through?

Thanks for any info from you  air gurus.

Edited by EmmasNana

2 hours ago, EmmasNana said:

We will be flying DFW-CDG-FCO on Delta, operated by Air France.

This actually means that you will be flying on Air France. Pretty much all that Delta has done is sold you a ticket. It's not necessarily on the same rules as if you'd bought a ticket from Air France, but don't be misled into thinking that you're flying on Delta.

1.  For luggage my paperwork says 4 x accessory and 4 x hand baggage (there are 4 of us). Does this mean I will need to pay for a checked bag?

Maybe. This depends on the fare you've booked.

2.  I think I read that wine is free (even for the cheap seats). True or False?

Air France's website says "The complimentary wine and champagne you will receive on board has been selected by Paolo Basso, the World’s Best Sommelier 2013."

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, EmmasNana said:

We will be flying DFW-CDG-FCO on Delta, operated by Air France. I paid to select seating, which I was okay about. 

1.  For luggage my paperwork says 4 x accessory and 4 x hand baggage (there are 4 of us). Does this mean I will need to pay for a checked bag? If so, any clue as to how much per bag and would it be for each leg of the flight? When I clicked on that option it wouldn't let me do it.

On cheaper tickets it is usually 1 free checked bag per person.  On the much more expensive Flexible tickets it us usually 2 free checked bags per person.

If you try to look it up there will be different rules for the DFW-CDG and CDG-FCO flight.  The transatlantic rules take precedence over the rules for the shorter connecting flight.  

If you want definitive answers somewhere on your paperwork it should have an Air France tracking number.  You can use that to look up the details on the Air France website.

Complementary wine and meals would be on the overseas flight.  Your likely going to have to pay on the shorter flight,   The French take their wine seriously, I would expect it to be slightly better than the US airlines. 

Edited by em-sk
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, em-sk said:

On cheaper tickets it is usually 1 free checked bag per person.  On the much more expensive Flexible tickets it us usually 2 free checked bags per person.

If you try to look it up there will be different rules for the DFW-CDG and CDG-FCO flight.  The transatlantic rules take precedence over the rules for the shorter connecting flight.  

If you want definitive answers somewhere on your paperwork it should have an Air France tracking number.  You can use that to look up the details on the Air France website.

Complementary wine and meals would be on the overseas flight.  Your likely going to have to pay on the shorter flight,   The French take their wine seriously, I would expect it to be slightly better than the US airlines. 

Thank you so much! Better wine sounds good to me!

On 10/15/2023 at 9:15 AM, EmmasNana said:

We will be flying DFW-CDG-FCO

3. When we get to CDG, I know we will do passport check. Do we need to collect our checked luggage and recheck it or will it go on through?

Your bags will be checked through to FCO.  Immigration (Passport check) is done at first point of entry (CDG) and customs (for bags) is done at final destination but is mostly a non-event in most of Europe. 

This is different from international arrival into the US, where you complete both immigration and customs at your first point of entry.

• Thanks 1