Lunch on embarkation day in the MDR ?

monakayk

It usually stops serving at 1:30 pm. That just means you have to enter the door by 1:30 pm - you don't have to order by then.

It's usually one of the mid-ship dining rooms, but sometimes it's the aft dining room.

If you give more information about your ship and itinerary, someone may have a specific answer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Embarkation ports and itineraries can cause variations. On a few select cruises, I have seen the MDR NOT open for lunch for various reasons on embarkation day. Times are usually 11:30-1 or 12-1:30 and depending on ship will be midship on deck 6, or aft dining room usually on 6. Not sure with the layout of the new Sun class.

Once on board, get a copy of the daily Event listing and it should show if a dining room is serving lunch and its Name/location. Copy will be in cabin or available at Guest services.

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, emmak8 said:

MDR lunch on embarkation is midship deck 6 dining room. I usually order the shrimp and avocado appetizer, salmon entree and soufflé for dessert.

That would be Coral on CB. 

IIRC, that’s where breakfast was served as well.

Edited by BamaVol

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We have *never* been able to get to the ship in time to do lunch in the MDR!  (We typically will be on a Princess shuttle from a "package" hotel.  They seem to plan for these groups to get there too late!!)

Time to break out of your shell!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, emmak8 said:

MDR lunch on embarkation is midship deck 6 dining room. I usually order the shrimp and avocado appetizer, salmon entree and soufflé for dessert.

That is exactly what I ordered two weeks ago on Enchanted, delicious! The shrimp and avocado appetizer was the nicest thing I had all cruise, and we even did 360 dining.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We have *never* been able to get to the ship in time to do lunch in the MDR!  (We typically will be on a Princess shuttle from a "package" hotel.  They seem to plan for these groups to get there too late!!)

Now I see why lots of people complain about the buffet being crowded. 😉