The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday October 17th, 2023

richwmn

21 minutes ago, ocean sounds said:

@RedneckBob, You don’t think they were trying to “sweeten” you 5 up - as shark 🦈 bait ?!?     Just kidding, RNB aka BTRN 😎

Excellent point. It was like a scene out of Jaws except we had well trained black tip sharks, at least that what the tour quite said. BTRN has too many letters, let’s go back to just RNB!

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

Good morning. It is 52 and partly cloudy.I have not been to the port and don’t have any gaudy clothes to wear.

i sometimes think Debbie @dfish and I grew up in very similar homes. My poor mother thought she was doing something exotic when presenting us with chow mein.No one cared for it but we ate it anyway as there was nothing else on the menu. The dogs would get  some of it if they were stealthy enough under the table.   

@NextOne,Edi, prayers for you today with your valve replacement.

Enjoy the day today!

• Like 22
  • Haha 1

In my working life I had two good bosses, years apart, several mediocre ones, and several who were truly awful. For pasta day, all I have on hand is orzo.

The little gaudy clothing that I have is wrong for the season, but a headline in the WaPo today is Dolly Parton was told ‘gaudy’ clothes would hurt her career. She doubled down.

We ate a fair amount of chow mein when I was growing up, but back then, in antiquity, no one had heard of "vegetarian." Pass on the cocktail. For a Pinot Noir, I'll return to Dr. Frank's Old Vines Pinot Noir. "Old" means planted in 1958, the second oldest planting of Pinot Noir in the U.S. I haven't been to Fakarava.

I used to go to a dental practice where the hygienist always had talk radio playing in her cubicle. At the hour I was usually there, Dr. Ruth Westheimer. This made me wonder whether the invention of radio had been a good thing.

Today, grocery shopping, acupuncture appointment, and trying on clothes. From the fit of my clothes recently, it would appear that I have lost weight, but I feel as if I've gained. According to the scale, nothing has changed for months.

homeworkexperience.thumb.jpg.98e4a0f12638ffa9ceefeba3c2a633ce.jpg

Edited by kochleffel
  • Like 19
  • Haha 4

Boss’s Day reminds me that I’ve had many different types of bosses, good and problematic. Early on, 70s and early 80s, they were uncomfortable having women employees. I won’t write here some of the things said and done but today they wouldn’t be tolerated. But my best boss became my DH!  We only worked together a short time but we thought well together and he valued me as a person and my ideas, still does!  We respected each other before we fell in love and that has been a great foundation to build a life together. I cherish every day!  

We stopped in Fakarava, very beautiful. We love the Pacific islands.  

Cheers for Marconi!  I loved the book Thunderstruck, Erik Larson. About Marconi but woven with a murder story, all true, fascinating. 

Mary Kay, so glad you are getting well!  I’m concerned that family coming soon flying from Seattle could bring COVID. I haven’t got time to be sick. Our realtor was down with it when she canceled our appointment on Oct 8th, her partner/sister stepped in to meet with us on the 11th. Now we’re supposed to meet with the one who was sick next week 🤞. It’s all over the place, just praying we stay healthy!  

Blessings for all the Care List! And all in need of healing, comfort, hope or peace.  
And all those who are ill, having tests, procedures, surgeries, their caregivers and care teams. 
Peace in our hearts, our families, our countries and the World. What a mess!  

Cheers to those celebrating. Life is Good!  

Onward!  📦📦📦📦. Ready to see what the day brings. 

Maureen 

Edited by RMLincoln
Additions
  • Like 24

Isn't every day bosses day? Seems like it some days w/all the emails and calls, lol. Had great, good and forgettable bosses through the years - the good ones sure make life easier, the bad ones sure make the days long. Hope the people I've managed put me on the good list. Pasta - yay! I know I have something gaudy - won't be wearing it today, but will support those who choose to do so, they deserve their day, too.

I like the quote.

Pass on the meal and drink, would try the wine, not been to French Polynesia. 

Marconi's accomplishment is worth noting.

45° headed to sunny 75° and 90° on Sunday. Nice to feel the nip in the air.

Trying to find time to go do Intl DL app today. They're only open 9-5, so it will really be a challenge to get DH in there. We've paid for the 4x4 excursion in Corfu and would be disappointed to cancel because he can't get his intl DL.

Finally got the GO pre-paid cards ordered that the CU recommended and Fed Ex says they'll be here  tomorrow 11-3. It was a real hassle to order them and it made me fund them w/a cc instead of my checking account - that is not what we expected or want to do, but at least they're on the way and I can deal w/the funding/reloading options later. We leave in a week, so I just needed to get the cards headed my way.

Shoulder hurts worse after PT and Chiro yesterday and foot is still numb; makes me question my commitment to both, ugh. And I think 5 weeks and growing is too long for numbness - at what point does someone else need to look at it?

Prayers and positive thoughts for all. 

Screenshot_20231017-083401_Weather.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning everyone. We have been to today’s port of call on the Maasdam and we will have a return visit next year on the world cruise.
Over the years I was fortunate to have some outstanding bosses. I’m relieved that I’m no longer a boss of over 800 great folks that’s main task was to make me look good. Though I did take an oath to obey the Colonel my beloved DW. @JazzyV Thanks for the Care/Celebration List and adding our upcoming cruise on the Seabourn Quest.I do hope it’s 14 days vs 7 as we would disembark in NYC versus Miami.😊

Have a man coming by this morning to look at my yard and give an estimate for maintaining it. Present service has not been acceptable even when he finally shows up.

It’s our coolest morning this Fall as we are starting the morning at 47 F. 
Have not had chow mein in years and have no strong desire to savor again.

Rich thanks for the Fleet Report and thank all of you who make the Daily our daily routine. Have a great day. Bruce

image.jpeg.be76d5a6f0e5ad5858b879ff3a5964c8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d18df4277a48f45547bbbb178aca73c8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.44b8dce6e6e10c4c115725eed5647cc8.jpegimage.jpeg.e63e0eb59e3b5ce6e5ced0793d0026d3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.cb5d44e4408e0b9716c86fb257889e67.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8082671141f95fd9b21da1edb586fff6.jpeg

New meaning of a butt light. The joke use to be doctor ask a nurse for a butt light and instead brings him a bud light!

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

40 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Numbering fixed again, but beware, I'm watching!

Seems to me you are right awake now Ann , glad somebody is keeping eye on things ! 

Almost ready to start driving to TO airport ..............See you in Barcelona !

Tony 😄

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

Just now, sailingdutchy said:

Seems to me you are right awake now Ann , glad somebody is keeping eye on things ! 

Almost ready to start driving to TO airport ..............See you in Barcelona !

Tony 😄

Bon voyage, Martha and Tony!  Are you going to leave your car at the airport?

• Like 9

3 hours ago, richwmn said:

Today is Bosses Day, National Pasta Day, and Wear Something Gaudy Day

One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.--Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Meal Suggestion for today - Vegetarian Chow Mein
Drink of the Day - Hornitos Shot Taker Margarita
Wine of the Day - 2019 Brass Tacks Pinot Noir
Destination of the Day - Fakarava Atoll, Tuamotus French Polynesia

Today in History:
1907 Guglielmo Marconi's company begins the first commercial transatlantic wireless service between Glace Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada and Clifden, Ireland

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Huatulco, Mexico 1000-1800

Koningsdam

Honolulu (Oahu), Hawaii 0700[+1]1700

Nieuw Amsterdam

Panama Canal (Cruising Canal)

Nieuw Statendam

Santorini, Greece 0700-1700

Noordam

Kailua Kona, Hawaii 0900-1800

Oosterdam

Istanbul, Turkey

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Half Moon Cay, Bahamas eta 10-21

Volendam

At Sea Destination Tabuaeran, Fanning Islands eta 10/18

Zaandam

Guayaquil, Ecuador Overnight

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Funchal, Madeira eta 10-18

Eastern Hemisphere

Westerdam

Hakodate, Japan 0800-2300

1017World.png

Thanks for the fleet update

• Like 11

Ann @Vict0riann whenever I post I always see an odd or strange number.  Even if I'm the fifth person to post in that thread it will say #1.  Then the numbering adjusts as time passes, like minutes literally.  I'm sure most of us here have seen that happen to them, too.  I'll make note of what number this post is and I bet it doesn't say #43.

Edited to say it said #26!  It will be #43 soon though.

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 14
  • Haha 1

I refreshed the page and it says #43 now.  Nothing weird going on, just the usual CC stuff!

And note #26 is the number at the top of page 2.  When we get to page 3 all our new posts will show #51 temporarily.

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I'm my own boss now, since retirement. I love pasta, but try to limit it due to the carbs. I don't think I have anything gaudy. Good quote; that's something it took me a while to understand. I'll pass on the meal and yes to the drink and the wine. I haven't been to Fakarava Atoll. An important day in history.

It's cold again and cloudy, but supposed to warm up the next couple of days, into the upper 60's. It was in the lower 40's, now up to 50F. I'm sitting here waiting for the plumber, who was supposed to be here at 9AM (they came at 9:45). The house is cold, about 62F. I think I'm no longer going to hold out on turning on the heat; I think this is the latest date I've gone. I heard from pain management, and I need to be there at 8:20AM tomorrow for the epidural. BFF will take me. The usual pains and numbness when I woke up today. The steroid injection won't kick in right away, but I'm hoping it helps. I have PT later, then dinner out with friends. I need to eat something plain, since the last 2 times I ate out I had bad stomach issues after.

@NextOne Prayers for a successful surgery today, and smooth recovery.

@aliaschief It's 7 days until you board, but a 14 day cruise 😉.

@ottahand7 I hope the oven can be repaired. Lovely Calla Lily. 

@Vict0riann Sorry you have a cold; feel better.

@dfish I'm waiting to hear when curb leaves pickup starts. Last year it wasn't until near Halloween. I'm sure you'll feel better soon. I got the RSV on the 7th, and just scheduled for Covid and flu vaccines on the 27th. I figure getting it on a Friday gives me time to recover before any appointments. 

@ger_77 I can hear the excitement in your post about visits to the grandkids. 

@smitty34877 Continued prayers for you and the family.

@RMLincoln I also pray that you both remain healthy.

@Haljo1935 I hope you can get the Intl DLs. Sorry PT and Chiro didn't help. I agree that 5 weeks of numbness is too long. It may be a pinched nerve, like I have. I would get it looked at, if you can before you go, but there's not much time.

@sailingdutchy Safe travels!

@mamaofami I hope Sam is making progress.

@HAL Sailer Prayers that your DH is continuing to do well.

@Cruzin Terri I hope things are going better for you.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

28 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I refreshed the page and it says #43 now.  Nothing weird going on, just the usual CC stuff!

And note #26 is the number at the top of page 2.  When we get to page 3 all our new posts will show #51 temporarily.

I have just posted this and confirms what you said Sandi.

It is now showing post no 47.

Screenshot_20231017_160911_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7