TK to Go, Solis the New Innovation.

2seabournsailors

5 hours ago, SLSD said:

Wow.   I have never encountered rude staff on any Seabourn ship.   Exactly what are you referring to?  

Nor have I ever encountered rude staff in the past. Rather shocking. We have encountered a few rather snippy waitstaff. One of them has disappeared.  We have also had numerous problems dealing with accounting and destination staff. No one willing to admit their mistakes with condescending arrogance being the norm. The list goes on.  All very frustrating. 

45 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

A quiet word with the Hotel Director and all will be well again.

Some new staff are not cut out for working on a ship and they don't last long.

I have agreed to meet with the hotel director. I am always happy to provide constructive feedback, but it will take more than a quiet word to solve the problems. 

My heart goes out to the fantastic staff on board who are working double time to provide decent service.

8 minutes ago, highplanesdrifters said:

Nor have I ever encountered rude staff in the past. Rather shocking. We have encountered a few rather snippy waitstaff. One of them has disappeared.  We have also had numerous problems dealing with accounting and destination staff. No one willing to admit their mistakes with condescending arrogance being the norm. The list goes on.  All very frustrating. 

I have agreed to meet with the hotel director. I am always happy to provide constructive feedback, but it will take more than a quiet word to solve the problems. 

My heart goes out to the fantastic staff on board who are working double time to provide decent service.

It sounds like there are a number of staff who should not be on the ship.  While we have never encountered anyone rude or arrogant, I did encounter a very whiney staff member last summer.  He brought our (small) room service breakfast one morning and filled my ear about how hard he was working (I know everyone works hard) and then was one of our waiters a few days later in the TK Grill and was less than ideal in that position.  I can only figure that he was very very unhappy and not cut out for being part of a ship's crew.  

https://www.wsaz.com/prnewswire/2023/11/09/seabourn-reveals-additional-dishes-new-solis-restaurant-by-master-chef-culinary-partner-anton-egger/?outputType=amp&fbclid=IwAR3CIJITbBqkI3SnnKg0VLUAjHLLQ9UVvM69o4Gd_LXEGeoec008G5JJfVU

"Lighter, fresher, and healthier"---I'm all for it!   However, I don't quite understand how the 32oz Porterhouse steak meets this criteria.  

Edited by SLSD
  • Like 2

We disembarked from the Sojourn yesterday and ate at the TK Grill twice.  Not impressed.  In fact for our party of 4, several of our main courses were close to inedible.  By the time we were served, it was very late and not worth an effort to send them back.  I did discuss this with the Hotel Manager.  We also note that the menu bears little resemblance to Keller's Buchon restaurant in Napa Valley (the Buchon coffee table book sits on a table in the reception area of the TK Grill).  And worst of all!  The quality of the Yount-Wurst and TK Burgers at the Patio Grill had gone downhill.  It was the end of the world!  So for me, buh-bye Thomas Keller.

19 hours ago, tv24 said:

We disembarked from the Sojourn yesterday and ate at the TK Grill twice.  Not impressed.  In fact for our party of 4, several of our main courses were close to inedible.  By the time we were served, it was very late and not worth an effort to send them back.  I did discuss this with the Hotel Manager.  We also note that the menu bears little resemblance to Keller's Buchon restaurant in Napa Valley (the Buchon coffee table book sits on a table in the reception area of the TK Grill).  And worst of all!  The quality of the Yount-Wurst and TK Burgers at the Patio Grill had gone downhill.  It was the end of the world!  So for me, buh-bye Thomas Keller.

One should not expect the menu of the TK Grill to resemble Keller’s Bouchon in Napa Valley. TK Grill is a steakhouse and Bouchon is a French bistro.

• Like 1