Israel traveling

Back to school

11 minutes ago, Mbennett71 said:

We’re on the Epic 11/8-11/20 Jerusalem on the 19th and Tel Aviv for disembarkation. Obviously that isnt going to happen now.  Hoping for Egypt and that we hear something soon! It’s unfortunate we haven’t heard anything yet. 

My uneducated guess is that you're going to visit a lot of Greek islands.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sheila127 said:

There is a whats app group for this cruise! Someone is suggesting it would be a logistical nightmare to rearrange thousands of flights from Tel Aviv to another airport! Office will open fully tomorrow so hopefully we may hear something this week!

Except rockets are being fired at the airport today. 

Flights to Tel Aviv are being cancelled by airlines. Everyone is watching this hour by hour to see what is happening. NCL is on it looking for alternatives and trying to make a plan I’m sure. Hopefully they will be communicated shortly about the next affected cruise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoloAlaska said:

Flights to Tel Aviv are being cancelled by airlines. Everyone is watching this hour by hour to see what is happening. NCL is on it looking for alternatives and trying to make a plan I’m sure. Hopefully they will be communicated shortly about the next affected cruise.

The next three cruises are only docking in Haifa mid cruise so that is easy to manage.  Its the next two after that! Cruise ending in Haifa on 20.11 and next cruise beginning from Haifa on 20.11!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sheila127 said:

The next three cruises are only docking in Haifa mid cruise so that is easy to manage.  Its the next two after that! Cruise ending in Haifa on 20.11 and next cruise beginning from Haifa on 20.11!

Ahh thanks for the clarification, lots of time then. A lot can change in a few weeks and a lot can be organized in that time as well. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, yakcruiser said:

My uneducated guess is that you're going to visit a lot of Greek islands.

This wont be ending any time soon. The toothpaste is out of the tube. We're on the Gem Nov 11 from Athens to Istanbul including Israel and then Istanbul to Rome again with Israel.. The Greek Islands would be nice but arranging those ports at the last minute might be difficult. Still the ports/countries might have pity and need the tourist dollars. We'll see. Just be ready for whatever. Check with your airline in case you have to change some flights.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mbennett71 said:

We’re on the Epic 11/8-11/20 Jerusalem on the 19th and Tel Aviv for disembarkation. Obviously that isnt going to happen now.  Hoping for Egypt and that we hear something soon! It’s unfortunate we haven’t heard anything yet. 

It is day 2 - how can you expect that NCL and all of the other cruise lines have the logistics of this major world event figured out? Unfortunate is the catastrophe that is occurring in Israel right now. Your vacation plans are an inconvenience in the grander scheme of things. 

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Sheila127 said:

Nobody will be docking at Haifa in the forseeable future! For those of you wearing rose coloured glasses - you can quote me on this. Haifa will more than likely not be a port until 2025 - it boggles my mind that so many on here have no idea about current events, and do not even bother to turn on a news channel.

• Like 5

I’m on Viking’s first cruise that was scheduled to visit Israel departing Athens Nov 14.  I haven’t heard anything from Viking yet, but leaving this here in the event that anyone familiar with Viking’s reaction knows/hears something.  The itinerary is Athens, Mykonos, Rhodes, Cyprus, Israel (3 nights), Crete, Naples, Rome.  I am wondering what they are likely to replace the (3) Israel days with.  Obviously we’re already going to Cyprus, Crete, & Mykonos which I’ve seen other cruise lines add as substitutes so those aren’t it unless Viking adds multiple days at those destinations.  I’m “guessing” Santorini would be a prime candidate, maybe Bodrum which I’ve heard other cruise lines adding.  I’m assuming Troy would be too far north with Heraklion, Crete being the following day.  And I’m assuming if they keep our current Heraklion date scheduled, that that rules out further away places like Sicily.  Anyway, thanks in advance for any info

10 minutes ago, RD64 said:

It is day 2 - how can you expect that NCL and all of the other cruise lines have the logistics of this major world event figured out? Unfortunate is the catastrophe that is occurring in Israel right now. Your vacation plans are an inconvenience in the grander scheme of things. 

I don’t expect that they have logistics figured out. I never suggested that they would.   I’m sure they haven’t stopped working on it all weekend.  I think it’s unfortunate that they haven’t reached out to their customers yet to say they’re working on it like other cruise lines have.  That’s it.  As for what’s unfolding in Israel - it’s more than unfortunate, it’s a horrific tragedy that’s unlikely to end anytime soon. We’re keeping a close eye on family and friends there.  

3 minutes ago, PhilRSchultz said:

I’m on Viking’s first cruise that was scheduled to visit Israel departing Athens Nov 14.  I haven’t heard anything from Viking yet, but leaving this here in the event that anyone familiar with Viking’s reaction knows/hears something.  The itinerary is Athens, Mykonos, Rhodes, Cyprus, Israel (3 nights), Crete, Naples, Rome.  I am wondering what they are likely to replace the (3) Israel days with.  Obviously we’re already going to Cyprus, Crete, & Mykonos which I’ve seen other cruise lines add as substitutes so those aren’t it unless Viking adds multiple days at those destinations.  I’m “guessing” Santorini would be a prime candidate, maybe Bodrum which I’ve heard other cruise lines adding.  I’m assuming Troy would be too far north with Heraklion, Crete being the following day.  And I’m assuming if they keep our current Heraklion date scheduled, that that rules out further away places like Sicily.  Anyway, thanks in advance for any info

November 14th? That is not on the radar right now - let them process the next week or two. Sorry that you have been inconvenienced by the uncertainty.

• Like 2

The thing that we'll hear endless complaints about is "NCL Customer Service is sooooooo poor because they don't communicate". The situation is breaking. There is zero value in the cruise line "guessing" on what could be/may be/should be their plan until they have a finalized plan and have commitments from alternate ports. And alternate itineraries. And make a final decision on how to handle those already booked.

What the cruise normally tries to do is to provide an alternate itinerary and give people the option of taking that itinerary or getting a refund or FCC. The absolute easiest thing is to coordinate with their insurer and cancel the cruise and leave everyone hanging.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mbennett71 said:

I don’t expect that they have logistics figured out. I never suggested that they would.   I’m sure they haven’t stopped working on it all weekend.  I think it’s unfortunate that they haven’t reached out to their customers yet to say they’re working on it like other cruise lines have.  That’s it.  As for what’s unfolding in Israel - it’s more than unfortunate, it’s a horrific tragedy that’s unlikely to end anytime soon. We’re keeping a close eye on family and friends there.  

I'm on the Epic with you on 11/8.  Right now, NCL is probably working the logistics of the Jade, which was scheduled for Haifa 10/11 and Ashdod 10/12.  I'm certain those are going to be cancelled, but they're stops, so they can choose alternate ports.  After that, NCL doesn't have another cruise touching Israel until the Gem on 11/7.  Our cruise and the return from Haifa to Rome are the only cruises that NCL has that disembark/embark from Haifa all year.  Once they get through the situation with the Jade, Epic will probably be the next priority.  It's a fluid situation, and who knows what's going to happen in the next month.  Personally, I would rather them make the port change now rather than holding out hope to make it in until a week before so that we have time to adapt our travel plans.  

I doubt Egypt is going to be an option.  It's too close, and there was also a situation where two Israeli tourists and their tour guide were murdered on the same day as the attacks in Israel.  They would most likely pick another option.  My guess would be Athens, since they already have embarkation facilities there and the city is big enough to accommodate multiple flight and hotel options.  I seriously doubt they would cancel the entire cruise.  That's 22 days worth of a ship sucking down money rather than making money because of three days of scheduled ports. 

It's a sad situation all around.  More concerned for the people in the region than this cruise.    

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RD64 said:

Nobody will be docking at Haifa in the forseeable future! For those of you wearing rose coloured glasses - you can quote me on this. Haifa will more than likely not be a port until 2025 - it boggles my mind that so many on here have no idea about current events, and do not even bother to turn on a news channel.

I know that Haifa/Israel will be a no go port/country for a long time and yes I do watch the news! 

• Like 1

The Jade has added 2 Turkish ports instead of Ashdod and Haifa on its current cruise. 

Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas looks to be docking in Haifa, Israel today although presumably that is to let people off as the cruise was due to end there. Not sure what they are doing with non-Israelis who don't fancy getting stuck there.

1 minute ago, Jetstreamer said:

The Jade has added 2 Turkish ports instead of Ashdod and Haifa on its current cruise. 

I wonder what NCL will do about the Gem. Our Nov 11 and Nov 22 cruises already have those ports in Turkey. Santorini and Mykonos would be nice

33 minutes ago, Jetstreamer said:

Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas looks to be docking in Haifa, Israel today although presumably that is to let people off as the cruise was due to end there. Not sure what they are doing with non-Israelis who don't fancy getting stuck there.

The Rhapsody cruises previously scheduled to leave on 10/8 and 10/13 have been cancelled, so they will either cancel today's scheduled  disembarkation in Haifa or they can take all non-Israeli passengers somewhere after dropping of the Israeli passengers if what you are saying is correct that they are still planning on stopping at Haifa to disembark passengers today.   https://www.royalcaribbean.com/notices/travel-updates. .  I would imagine the non-Israeli passengers would probably prefer to go somewhere else first, disembark and then have Rhapsody go to Haifa if it is correct that they are still planning on disembarking there.  

Edited by kitkat343

1 hour ago, kitkat343 said:

The Rhapsody cruises previously scheduled to leave on 10/8 and 10/13 have been cancelled, so they will either cancel today's scheduled  disembarkation in Haifa or they can take all non-Israeli passengers somewhere after dropping of the Israeli passengers if what you are saying is correct that they are still planning on stopping at Haifa to disembark passengers today.   https://www.royalcaribbean.com/notices/travel-updates. .  I would imagine the non-Israeli passengers would probably prefer to go somewhere else first, disembark and then have Rhapsody go to Haifa if it is correct that they are still planning on disembarking there.  

Sorry - that should have read the cruises scheduled to leave today on 10/9 and 10/13 have been cancelled (my previous post listed that as 10/8)

We are booked on the Norwegian Epic cruise Departing Rome on November 8th and ending in Haifa on November 20th. With respect to cancellations, my prediction, for what it's worth, is that NCL will not give refunds, and instead will offer a credit of the full payment, applicable to a future cruise for some period of time such as the next 24 months.  This way they preserve their cashflow from the current cruise.

25 minutes ago, purple gangster said:

We are booked on the Norwegian Epic cruise Departing Rome on November 8th and ending in Haifa on November 20th. With respect to cancellations, my prediction, for what it's worth, is that NCL will not give refunds, and instead will offer a credit of the full payment, applicable to a future cruise for some period of time such as the next 24 months.  This way they preserve their cashflow from the current cruise.

I'd be surprised to see a cancellation, but ports will be changed.  Years ago when Egypt had their uprising NCL deleted Egypt, Jordon and Israel ports and moved to Turkey (to include an overnight in Istanbul).  NCL will be scrambling to find available ports.  I'd be surprised if this cruise doesn't depart Rome and anticipate it will probably loop back to Rome.

18 hours ago, sailingships said:

The Greek Islands would be nice but arranging those ports at the last minute might be difficult. Still the ports/countries might have pity and need the tourist dollars.

The greek islands do have enough capacity for cruise ships and tourists. November/December are off-season,so docking space won`t be a problem and with a few weeks time in advance arranging enough excursion capacities should also be not a problem.

At least much easier then egypt or Turkey.