Last DFW-CDG-FCO Air France Q (Hopefully)

EmmasNana

Our connection time is 85 minutes. Are we going to have to haul A$$, or will we likely be okay? If times matter, we are supposed to leave DFW at 3:40pm, arrive CDG at 8:05 am and leave CDG at 9:30 am.

I have purchased Air Tags after reading some stories about luggage not making it. Been through that going to Venice.

Thanks for your infinite wisdom!

Edited by EmmasNana

Air tags are only helpful if no one knows where your bag is, which despite many horror stories, is extremely rare.  They do not help your bag get to you more quickly.  I have worked in baggage for over a year and have not seen this for myself or any coworkers during that entire time.

You are going to have to quickly go to your next flight, as Bruce says.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Take some time to read the CDG website, so you can get a feel for what the transfer process involves.  You will going from the extra-Schengen to intra-Schengen sections of the airport, so note your route.

As I have often said, don't dawdle along the way.  There will be shops at your departure concourse.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Take some time to read the CDG website, so you can get a feel for what the transfer process involves.  You will going from the extra-Schengen to intra-Schengen sections of the airport, so note your route.

As I have often said, don't dawdle along the way.  There will be shops at your departure concourse.

I have been looking some. I am hoping one or more of my travel mates will look as well. Hopefully I will get a better understanding by the time we go.

21 hours ago, 6rugrats said:

Air tags are only helpful if no one knows where your bag is, which despite many horror stories, is extremely rare.  They do not help your bag get to you more quickly.  I have worked in baggage for over a year and have not seen this for myself or any coworkers during that entire time.

I have. Once. It was frustrating as hell, because I knew where they probably were...but had no proof. I flew AA DFW-MAD and was scheduled to connect on to IB MAD-RAK, but misconnected. IB put my wife and I up at a MAD airport hotel for some rest before an evening Royal Air Maroc MAD-RAK flight. Upon arriving at RAK, only one of our three checked bags were there. 

It was very obvious our bag was probably in Madrid. American Airlines said they had no idea, Iberia said they had no idea, and Royal Air Maroc said they have no idea. Even my wife's uncle, who works in logistics and has people in both Spain and Morocco, couldn't get an official answer. Four days later, they showed up out of the blue in Marrakech. Bag tags were faded as hell, and I only assume they had sat outside somewhere in Madrid for the entire time (in August). 

Just did two connections in CDG. Took less than 1/2 hr to walk between 2E Hall L and 2F. First time there was no one in front of me at the automated Passport gate, except the gate rejected me, so I had to go to a person. Total time maybe 3 minutes. Coming back, the gates weren't in service but very short line, maybe 5 minutes. But other instances have been over an hour. No way to predict, a few minutes change in your arrival time could mean a big difference.

• Thanks 1