Silver Nova 29th September to 16th October 2023

John117

We sailed on Nova on this cruise and had a different experience to some of the other posters. I have just submitted my review of the cruise in the reviews section if you fancy a read (should be published soon I hope). Note the CC heading will show us on only part of the 17 day cruise but there wasn't an option for the full 17days.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, John117 said:

We sailed on Nova on this cruise and had a different experience to some of the other posters. I have just submitted my review of the cruise in the reviews section if you fancy a read (should be published soon I hope). Note the CC heading will show us on only part of the 17 day cruise but there wasn't an option for the full 17days.

Will you at least tell us if you had a good time?🙂

Yes.....and no! 

Our major problems arose because of a poor butler and a badly trained cabin steward who sprayed our bed every day with water eventually impacting on our health. I hope the latter issue has been resolved on Nova and that you have a good butler as some on our cruise did.

If my review is not published by Friday (I have 3 days babysitting grandson now) i will copy it onto the boards

36 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Hard to imagine why anyone would spray your bed with water!!

I believe top class hotels use a water mist to smooth the bed linen. Our steward obviously used a bit too much water and we keep our cabin cool so it probably didnt evaporate. I don't blame him as he obviously was instructed to do this. Who else had this problem. There were lots of coughs and sneezes on the ship.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

Hard to imagine why anyone would spray your bed with water!!

Hi Lola, I was thinking the same thing. After 1 time, I would be telling them to please stop doing it.

19 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Lola, I was thinking the same thing. After 1 time, I would be telling them to please stop doing it.

Trouble is we didnt know that it was being done. The linen didn't feel wet as it seemed to be permeating into the topper, duvet and pillows

21 minutes ago, beaujolais said:

Lois review now posted

Thanks for letting me know.......I just read it and this is just my opinion (as the review is their opinion).

After reading that review, it sounds to me like they did not enjoy themselves and had issues on a daily basis. Really sorry to read about all their negative problems. Hoping my experience  will be much more positive.

6 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

You're not the only one!

Well, Dolcevita's "Live From" was quite positive😃 and it sounds like she had a really good time.

• Like 1

We cruised on the Nova in August and had just the opposite opinion on the most recent review. We loved almost everything about the Nova and we board the Nova again in 24 days and we can hardly wait. The moral to this story is why Baskin-Robbin made 31 flavors or different strokes for different folks. The only thing that we did not like was $320 per couple for LaDame and $380 per couple for the Chef's kitchen. I guess if you booked when there was a $1,000 shipboard credit promotion, then this would not be an issue.

• Like 2

I still am struggling with the $320 La Dame charge and the $160 Kaiseki charge. 

can’t believe especially with the Nova that it cannot be included at least once per cruise and that there is not a no alcohol discount since we don’t drink. 

Not sure why they had to double the charge on the Nova either. 

Perhaps, this is to prevent people for booking La Dame for every night of the cruise and not show up for their reservation at the end as there is known for other cruisers who weren't able to have a chance to make reservations for any of nights of their cruise? 

1 minute ago, agape01 said:

Perhaps, this is to prevent people for booking La Dame for every night of the cruise and not show up for their reservation at the end as there is known for other cruisers who weren't able to have a chance to make reservations for any of nights of their cruise? 

There are other ways of preventing that. Only offer it free once, and only allow you to make one reservation until onboard. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gnome12 said:

There are other ways of preventing that. Only offer it free once, and only allow you to make one reservation until onboard. 

No doubt that would be a much fairer way of making reservations for La Dame, but would there be a better way to increase revenue?

On 10/25/2023 at 3:05 PM, Brad1185 said:

I still am struggling with the $320 La Dame charge and the $160 Kaiseki charge. 

can’t believe especially with the Nova that it cannot be included at least once per cruise and that there is not a no alcohol discount since we don’t drink. 

Not sure why they had to double the charge on the Nova either. 

Easy. Because they could.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2023 at 10:28 AM, John117 said:

I believe top class hotels use a water mist to smooth the bed linen. Our steward obviously used a bit too much water and we keep our cabin cool so it probably didnt evaporate. I don't blame him as he obviously was instructed to do this. Who else had this problem. There were lots of coughs and sneezes on the ship.

We had this a couple of times on Dawn, but we asked the cabin steward not to do it.  He had not used as much water as on your bed and the problem in my case was that I had quick rests on the bed throughout the day to assist back pain, the first time always being after breakfast so I discovered this really quickly.  For most people it would not be a problem if the steward was not heavy handed.