New Elite benefit

cbfb

56 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

It’s a little surprising to think it hasn’t existed for years even though the pandemic feels like yesterday sometimes.

I rarely went back in the day and like having Happy Hour drinks at any bar much better. To me it was a big improvement when I was given more choices.

I totally agree with preferring the drinks at most bars.  I will state that some will chime in and say "On my sailing last year, we did have these events".  Their experience is NOT routine and may only be offered on TAs/TPs

57 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

The Elite Cocktain Hour was eliminated when sailing resumed post shutdown.  The new announcement is simple restoring partially was already deleted so it did not reduce anything that was existing at the time of the announcement. Rather it partially restored something that had not existed for the last two years. 

Exactly.  I'm hoping that, assuming they're well attended, that they'll resume nightly.  Or (just thought of this) maybe it's a trial balloon.  If they're well attended, they'll go back to nightly.  If not, then they'll figure people really prefer the drinks at most bars, and drop it again.

• Like 2

On 10/25/2023 at 4:57 PM, Spif Barwunkel said:

Did not take long for the "boo birds" to come out. It's human nature that for some folks, anything is not enough. Not the right venue, not the right time, not the right amount of time, not the right food, not the right drink, not the right presentation, not the right lighting, not the right deck, not the right temperature..........I'm sure I missed some. Probably the best alternative, is not to attend.    

Sorry but it is a cheesy gesture.  And I say boo to it. 

Maybe it will help free up more places at the regular bars during those hours. 

Personally the comment about being able to associate with other elite and above guests claiming to have the same passion for sailing doesn’t apply to me.    I am vey content and happy meeting and talking to anyone even if they aren’t Elite or above. 😱   

Happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 5

21 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

At these events would those without any drink package be able to order some drinks off the classic drink package menu?

Yes but you would have to pay for it.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

22 minutes ago, miched said:

Yes but you would have to pay for it.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I figured yet we've had two different experiences at the senior officer events.  Sometimes they don't ask for your seapass at all and other times they do

18 minutes ago, miched said:

Personally the comment about being able to associate with other elite and above guests claiming to have the same passion for sailing doesn’t apply to me.    I am vey content and happy meeting and talking to anyone even if they aren’t Elite or above. 😱   

Exactly--- On all our cruises nobody ever asked nor did we ask anyone " What status level are you"?  

As a matter of fact, we met many people on cruises and nobody ever asked if we read CC.

As for HH, wherever they have it, that's fine with me -- ( Diet coke, appetizers = perfect ).

As for the " Mix and Mingle  "--- Are we expected to " reveal " (?? ) our name ?

If so, I couldn't take the chance--- just in case ----

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Exactly--- On all our cruises nobody ever asked nor did we ask anyone " What status level are you"?  

As a matter of fact, we met many people on cruises and nobody ever asked if we read CC.

As for HH, wherever they have it, that's fine with me -- ( Diet coke, appetizers = perfect ).

As for the " Mix and Mingle  "--- Are we expected to " reveal " (?? ) our name ?

If so, I couldn't take the chance--- just in case ----

I also never mention or ask anyone about Captain Club status or anything about Cruise Critic.   There have been a few times when someone would say as if bragging that they are members of Cruise Critic as if that makes them an authority on cruising.   I just let it blow over and ignore the comment as if it doesn’t mean anything to me.   

The few times we attended the mix and mingle it was anything but.   People would plant themselves in a seat and keep to themselves.   I would wander around and try to meet some and they would act as if I was annoying them.   

No longer attend any.   Don’t need to listen to the officers or staff telling us how much they value our loyalty and etc. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

24 minutes ago, miched said:

Don’t need to listen to the officers or staff telling us how much they value our loyalty and etc. 

bragging that they are members of Cruise Critic as if that makes them an authority on cruising"

It's all part of the " Game " ( duty, responsibility, job, whatever ). 

LOL--- You know as well as we all do, there are some Threads posted that certainly do not appear to be from any " authority " on cruising. I'd love to mention some of my favorites, but better not for fear of being sent back to the woodshed

Land of Ice, Snow, and Potholes --- Montreal ????

Edited by Pinboy
  • Haha 1

On 10/25/2023 at 3:57 PM, Spif Barwunkel said:

Did not take long for the "boo birds" to come out. It's human nature that for some folks, anything is not enough. Not the right venue, not the right time, not the right amount of time, not the right food, not the right drink, not the right presentation, not the right lighting, not the right deck, not the right temperature..........I'm sure I missed some. Probably the best alternative, is not to attend.    

Amen to that......

32 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

That was pre-covid.....where the ONLY place to get a happy hour drink was at the Elite Happy Hour. Lots of changes once sailing resumed in 2021.

If you are saying that pre-Covid you could only get the Happy Hour drinks at the Sky Lounge, we were able to get our drinks at other bars on that cruise.  In fact that was also true during our Jan 2019 Reflection sailing (14 night Caribbean).

image.thumb.jpeg.c2de4a8a4e371286587dc49f044e5b74.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc

Just now, mahdnc said:

If you are saying that pre-Covid you could only get the Happy Hour drinks at the Sky Lounge, we were able to get our drinks at other bars on that cruise.  In fact that was also true during our Jan 2019 Reflection sailing (14 night Caribbean)

image.thumb.jpeg.c2de4a8a4e371286587dc49f044e5b74.jpeg

I stand corrected, we were only Elite a few cruises prior to Covid and we always had a drink package so I didn't realize this......

2 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

I stand corrected, we were only Elite a few cruises prior to Covid and we always had a drink package so I didn't realize this......

I believe that this was done specifically on sailings that had a very large number of Elite passengers where it was impractical to hold the Cocktail Hour at a single venue (e.g.14 night Caribbean sailings, Transatlantic, etc).  That certainly made everyone happy especially if you didn't like trudging up to the Sky Lounge.  Also hors d'oeuvres consumption (served at the Sky Lounge) was less which I guess would make Celebrity happy.

Edited by mahdnc

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

I believe that this was done specifically on sailings that had a very large number of Elite passengers where it was impractical to hold the Cocktail Hour at a single venue (e.g.14 night Caribbean sailings, Transatlantic, etc).  That certainly made everyone happy especially if you didn't like trudging up to the Sky Lounge.  Also hors d'oeuvres consumption (served at the Sky Lounge) was less which I guess would make Celebrity happy.

Most of the discussion in this thread has been about the drinks. Without the nightly HH, and now (assuming) with dedicated lounges a couple times per cruise, no more pupu's. I personally liked the pupu's, drinks and camaraderie the nightly HH provided. Sorry to see it gone but happy some of it has come back. No flames please. Just personal opinion.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

Most of the discussion in this thread has been about the drinks. Without the nightly HH, and now (assuming) with dedicated lounges a couple times per cruise, no more pupu's. I personally liked the pupu's, drinks and camaraderie the nightly HH provided. Sorry to see it gone but happy some of it has come back. No flames please. Just personal opinion.

I am not sure what flames you are worried about.  I agree with you--I enjoyed going up to the Sky Lounge for the Cocktail Hour.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2023 at 5:30 PM, mrgabriel said:

As @hcat explained, Michael's Club used to be the place for Captain's Club daily events. Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres from 5-7, then in the evening there would be music,

If Perry Grant was performing on the ship, it would be packed for his shows - and he was a real hoot. Very clubby and intimate. I just remember hours of laughter in there. Now as the Retreat Lounge it's a bit ... dull ... by comparison. 

I missed Perry. He is a great entertainer, but not everybody's cup of tea. 

About new benefit - so much hoo haa about nothing.

1 hour ago, ISABELLA said:

I missed Perry. He is a great entertainer, but not everybody's cup of tea. 

About new benefit - so much hoo haa about nothing.

I found Perry to be absolutely hilarious and over the top and it's great that he was offered for the small group of us who really liked his shows. 

I'm actually happy to see the old perk brought back, even if only for a couple of evenings. It was good to gather and visit with others who have sailed on X frequently. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

we are happy it's back and will stop in .if we can!  those who want the other option..that's good too!

Numbers are high due to the  Diamond crossover factor, so this may work well for everyone!

• Like 1

"I have heard from many of our loyal Captain’s Club members, such as yourself, that one of the program’s most gratifying aspects is the opportunity to be part of a community of like-minded travellers with whom you can share your experiences on board." 

Would this be the same "members" who did not want gratuities included in the all inclusive packages ? 

Maybe they should be focusing on bigger issues, like the menus and food quality rather than fluff like this. I also believe there will be more guests that will opt out of the gratuities programme now that they are not included, and either tip as they go along or not even tip at all. Money talks and I think the included gratuities will be included again at some point when Celebrity identifies the impact of this decision. BTW, I haven't seen a decrease in the cost of cruising since the gratuities were removed 🙄

As an Elite Celebrity member this adds no value to my sailing experience, I'd rather be mingling with everyone regardless of their Celebrity status. On our recent sailing Michaels was empty almost every night, and the prior get togethers in the Sky Lounge were not attended in large numbers.

They are adding breadcrumbs to compensate for the bigger issues, sounds like politician talk to me. 

Edited by scouseronline