Halloween Cruise planner sale

For all the griping we read about no real sales I'm surprised nobody has said "boo" about the cruise planner sale that kicked off today.  There were some genuine discounts that I was able to take advantage of.  I was able to cancel and rebook. Several individually purchased Chops, Jamies and Sabor meals.

Beverages were about the same as was internet but I was able to cancel and rebook "The Key" for my Adventure of the Seas sailing in February for only $18.99. That is barely more than I would have paid for internet all by itself.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mine doesn't mention Halloween sale but the water package has change from 20% discount two days ago to 40% 

So £22.72 for 12 litre bottles of Evian. Still more than my Sept cruise but not a bad price . Nothing else has changed as far as I can see 

Thanks for posting, made me check it and I then saw the bigger discount 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

Thanks for posting about this.  I went and found the ultimate dining package on a better sale and indeed, the Key was only $1 more per day than the just the internet was.  So for the 2 of us on an 8-day cruise next October (2024), the Key only cost $16 more than internet for the 2 of us (total).  I don't recall the last time the Key was that low.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Newcruiser215 said:

These "sales" are never really sales. Prices are so high anyway, it doesn't really feel like I'm saving anything. 

Well, for maybe it is more like a price roll-back for many of us.  Still, if there are extras one has been thinking of purchasing, this sale is one opportunity.  As the prices have risen so much, DH have not sprung for the UDP for quite a while.  I purchased it during this sail for one of our Wonder cruises.  It is the best price I’ve seen on that ship for a while, though admittedly the price still seems steep to me.  I purchased it knowing I could ask for a refund if I wish.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Newcruiser215 said:

These "sales" are never really sales. Prices are so high anyway, it doesn't really feel like I'm saving anything. 

This is a real sale... 

With this sale my saving have included

Chops 51.99, has been 57.99 for over the 12 months I have been tracking

Ditto for Izumi Hibachi

Chops lunch 23.99 on Harmony and 20.99 on Adventure, has been 26.99 and 23.99 respectively, for over the 12 months I have been tracking

Sabor 19.99, has been 21.99 for over the 12 months I have been tracking 

The Key 18.99, has been bouncing between 29.99( regular) and 20.99 (so called sale)  for the six months since I first purchased it.

There may be other deals I just noted the things I had purchased that I could cancel and rebook.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Well, for maybe it is more like a price roll-back for many of us.  Still, if there are extras one has been thinking of purchasing, this sale is one opportunity.  As the prices have risen so much, DH have not sprung for the UDP for quite a while.  I purchased it during this sail for one of our Wonder cruises.  It is the best price I’ve seen on that ship for a while, though admittedly the price still seems steep to me.  I purchased it knowing I could ask for a refund if I wish.

I'll wait for the Black Friday sales. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RCFirstTimer said:

Thanks for posting about this.  I went and found the ultimate dining package on a better sale and indeed, the Key was only $1 more per day than the just the internet was.  So for the 2 of us on an 8-day cruise next October (2024), the Key only cost $16 more than internet for the 2 of us (total).  I don't recall the last time the Key was that low.

Yeah that is about the same for my Adventure Key purchase. I always purchase and embarkation day specialty lunch. When you combine that with the internet I'm coming out ahead even if I don't use any other benefit.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Newcruiser215 said:

I'll be watching for that as well.  The only thing left I'm hoping for deals on is Labadee.  I've got, what I suspect will be, the best deals possible on everything.

1 minute ago, Newcruiser215 said:

As you wish.  As I see it I have the current price locked in if I choose to keep it.  If the price drops on Black Friday, I can refund/repurchase.  If we decide not to use the UDP on that cruise for the we can get a refund.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Newcruiser215 said:

Or, book one of these sales now.  If the Black Friday sale is better, then cancel this one, and buy the new one.  That's the beauty of planner items - you can cancel and get your money back. 

2 minutes ago, Toddcan said:

Or, book one of these sales now.  If the Black Friday sale is better, then cancel this one, and buy the new one.  That's the beauty of planner items - you can cancel and get your money back. 

There's nothing worth purchasing right now. All of my dining is the same price it always is. We're in a suite so no interest in the key and no need to purchase WIFI. 

• Like 1

Side question- we have the following booked

7 day Navigator. 11/27

3 day Navigator  1/26

4 day Navigator 1/29

The last two are b2b

We got unlimited dining on the 1st 2, but they haven't yet offered it on the 4 day.  Does anyone know why?   With the current sales, I'd like to take advantage of sale prices.  Been looking daily.

49 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

This is a real sale... 

With this sale my saving have included

Chops 51.99, has been 57.99 for over the 12 months I have been tracking

Ditto for Izumi Hibachi

Chops lunch 23.99 on Harmony and 20.99 on Adventure, has been 26.99 and 23.99 respectively, for over the 12 months I have been tracking

Sabor 19.99, has been 21.99 for over the 12 months I have been tracking 

The Key 18.99, has been bouncing between 29.99( regular) and 20.99 (so called sale)  for the six months since I first purchased it.

There may be other deals I just noted the things I had purchased that I could cancel and rebook.

I booked lunch hibachi for 28.99 and no 18% added for lunch. Now its 31.99. And 18% added.

All lunches are up except the deal on Jamie's or Giovanni a day or so ago.

I cancelled some but izumi was also 28.99, for dinner or lunch, now higher. Full price 39.99, full price 5 or 6 months ago 35.99. I still got a izumi at 28.99 dec 10th. I cancelled some to do full higher prices for bogo but everything is up I'm watching. .. and it's only been early summer since I booked, not your 22 months. 

We must be looking at different food as I did book 3 of the Jamie's lunch, none from this sale which is higher for me, not lower. 

I'm good no matter what but these prices arent better for the meals I've booked. 

Edited by firefly333

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

We must be looking at different food as I did book 3 of the Jamie's lunch, none from this sale which is higher for me, not lower. 

Yeah the Pasta day sale two days ago was really, really good.  I nailed a couple more of those lunches when I saw that one.  

Is your Izumi the sushi or the hibachi

39 minutes ago, NJoynCruisin said:

Side question- we have the following booked

7 day Navigator. 11/27

3 day Navigator  1/26

4 day Navigator 1/29

The last two are b2b

We got unlimited dining on the 1st 2, but they haven't yet offered it on the 4 day.  Does anyone know why?   With the current sales, I'd like to take advantage of sale prices.  Been looking daily.

That is an odd one.  I just looked at the cruise planner for the cruise you mentioned.  I've never seen it missing still this close to a cruise.

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

Yeah the Pasta day sale two days ago was really, really good.  I nailed a couple more of those lunches when I saw that one.  

Is your Izumi the sushi or the hibachi

Izumi to me means just izumi. The hibachi lunch though was exactly the same 28.99 as izumi sushi side. And no 18% added. 

I cancelled some hibachi and changed to izumi which as I said means izumi, sushi side. Because bogo excludes hibachi. Izumi for bogo can only be the set price meal. It went from 35.99 to the 39.99 recently and I paid full onboard price to do bogo. Though I havent had much sushi with it lol. People says sushi side to explain. I had the poke bowl and fried veggies and soup and pork dumplings. I can get sushi at home.

Mixed bags on dining.  On Wednesday, I noticed that Chop's was down $3 pp and Jamie's down by $4 pp from my earlier booking.   Today, Jamie's is higher by $3 pp and lunch is up by $4 pp.  

This is for sailings on Anthem and Symphony.

Edited by nelblu

When does the Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale usually begin?  I've been monitoring beverage prices closely for several months now for our Thanksgiving week cruise.  However, the price for the Deluxe Beverage Package has not been reduced below $75.99 on any sale that I have seen so far.  For us, $1,075+ for beverages on a six night Thanksgiving week cruise is unacceptable.  I'm hoping we'll have another opporutnity to purchase the DBP at a price that makes sense to us prior to our cruise on Nov 19.  My understanding is that any pre-cruise purchases such as the DBP need to occur a minimum of 72 hours prior to the cruise.  In past years, has there been a Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale that began the week before Thanksgiving week?  We need a 35% off sale to make the DBP work for us.  What are the odds this happens prior to Thanksgiving week?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GimmeOcean said:

Hmm. Deluxe Bev Package for my upcoming TA is $55.99. That's the lowest I've seen. Maybe with the preponderance of sea days I should consider it.

I'd jump on that price in a heartbeat!  We have two cruises booked on Icon next year and may cancel both as the price for the DBP has not been reduced below $85.99.  I'm not sure how Royal Caribbean wins like that.  They could cut the price in half and still make a profit on most people.

33 minutes ago, captainkurt said:

I'd jump on that price in a heartbeat!  We have two cruises booked on Icon next year and may cancel both as the price for the DBP has not been reduced below $85.99.  I'm not sure how Royal Caribbean wins like that.  They could cut the price in half and still make a profit on most people.

I do get 5 free drinks a day but cant envision cancelling a cruise over the price of drinks. Everyone is different so it's always fun to read other points of view.

51 minutes ago, GimmeOcean said:

Hmm. Deluxe Bev Package for my upcoming TA is $55.99. That's the lowest I've seen. Maybe with the preponderance of sea days I should consider it.

Unless it is going to mess up your credit cards or such, if you are seriously considering it I’d suggest going ahead and purchasing; with dynamic pricing one never knows when the sale price for your cruise might go “poof” do lock it in. If you decide against it, you can request a refund (you just have to know the time it takes to get that refund won’t drive you mad or cause bank card issue, etc)

• Like 2