Princess AUD non-alcoholic beverages & wifi questions

Now the local season has started, can anyone provide - 

1. Prices for espresso, hot chocolate, milkshakes & zero alcohol cocktails 

2. Cost of a single wifi package

3. If you can use one wifi package to switch between multiple devices

Parent & 2 teens on Christmas Majestic Princess on standard package & hard to justify any of the packages - plus/premium or beverage + adding wifi.  

I have sailed Princess pre-covid (so mourn the coffee card going) and did Carnival last year (mostly pay as go).  Soft drinks not as desirable by teens.

thanks in advance.

Edited by Lilye66
No number list displayed
  • Like 1

1) I can get some current prices on Majestic next weekend. I have some images somewhere from last year, but I suspect they may have changed a bit.

2) Do you have loyalty status with Princess. Elite will get discounted internet. I don't have the current price in hand.

3) Usually not an issue - log out of one device, then log in to the next. Each log in will need to use the same passenger info (name, DOB)

• Thanks 1

I disembarked the Grand Princess this morning. Just checked my photos and see I didn't take photos of the non-alcoholic cocktails. From memory there were only two or three - one was a strawberry one with some spicy element. Sorry, I can't remember the price - I think it was probably around $12?

FWIW if anyone's interested, there were four red wines on the premier list, at least two of which were unavailable (I didn't enquire about one of them).

The first image below is the premier wines and the other is the plus. I ended up mainly drinking the Henschke although the Pirie sparkling was fine. Oddly, they did have a French champagne by the glass in the premier package that wasn't available anywhere else on the ship.

B6EAD867-E0B4-406D-88F4-399697AF8E3F.heic 778D0B11-7C62-4380-97D3-2374C9B49664.heic

Edited by LittleFish1976

1. Prices for espresso, hot chocolate, milkshakes & zero alcohol cocktails 

Single espresso shot is $3, $4.5 for a double. Espresso based coffees are $4.5 - $6.0. No idea about Milkshake and mocktails, sorry. 

2. Cost of a single wifi package

$27 AUD for one day, $100 for 5 days (so $20/day till end of voyage, pro rata)

3. If you can use one wifi package to switch between multiple devices

You can, in theory, and I got it to work once (switched from phone to laptop) but I couldnt reload the medallion net portal again afterwards on the laptop when I switched back from laptop to phone, so I just hotspotted off the phone. I did manage to do a 3 hour work meeting (with video) using the onboard wifi so I was pretty impressed with starlink. 

20231023_150131+1100-5559761.jpg

Edited by fixi
  • Like 1

Thank you everyone for quick responses 🙂  

Arxcards - enjoy your few days & appreciate the offer. 

fixi - looks like I’ll get my caffeine fix & quality time time with teens 😉

I will make platinum during this cruise, so will have to pay ‘full price’ this time.

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I take quality coffee and tea bags.  

• We will take tea bags as 1 teen disappointed with options for tea on carnival (although novelty of edible straw with milkshakes was good)
  • I have taken coffee bags & even a French press on previous trips. I will always try & make a decision on board. Although I won’t bother with one line.  I also stick to a when I find a place where it’s good - as seems to vary greatly on same ship with the same supplies.
  • It ends up being is it better then I can make, I am happy to pay.  

Thanks for sharing prices.   I feel better about my decision to get the plus package with those prices, even though I don’t drink.   By the time I’ve paid for wifi, mocktails, coffees, juice, room service and casual dining it is more than worth it.

Hi all you helpful people. Forgive me for asking a question that has been answered previously on numerous occasions - I'm asking for my family.

What are the approx prices for alcoholic drinks on board Princess (Coral if possible), eg beer, wine, cocktails. One group of our party has upgraded to Plus and the other group wants to figure out if they should.

Many thanks 🍻 🥂🍹

PS, more specifically -  cost for standard beer, bourbon and Coke and a cocktail (margarita) would be good. 

Edited by Jean C

6 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

6 Dollars for a coffee!!  Premium "Hot" Tea is a better deal.

Not if you would rather drink coffee.

Tap water is also a better deal than a dirty martini, but I would rather drink martinis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

6 Dollars for a coffee!!  Premium "Hot" Tea is a better deal.

36 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Not if you would rather drink coffee.

Tap water is also a better deal than a dirty martini, but I would rather drink martinis.

A $6 coffee is cheaper than a beer or a cocktail. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Current prices taken on Grand in March.

2023-03-2915_47_08.thumb.jpg.8306ea6281970d28b4e382d496020c39.jpg2023-03-2915_47_34.thumb.jpg.a0abe9a27552d919000c04fcff1a7903.jpg2023-03-2915_46_46.thumb.jpg.0faf270427f5085d04f8b192ae1619c3.jpg

Perfect, thank you very much :)

Another query, can you get free burgers on board Coral, I have a grandson who loves burgers? I can remember an outlet near the outdoor pool that had chips, and I think what you need to assemble a burger, but different ships are getting muddled in my mind. Many thanks 🍔

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

A $6 coffee is cheaper than a beer or a cocktail. 

$6 coffees are OK up till noon. After that, I am still going the cocktails. The joy of a drinks package is that the cocktails become no more expensive than coffee or bottled water.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Perfect, thank you very much :)

Another query, can you get free burgers on board Coral, I have a grandson who loves burgers? I can remember an outlet near the outdoor pool that had chips, and I think what you need to assemble a burger, but different ships are getting muddled in my mind. Many thanks 🍔

Yes, they have a burger grill on deck - same spot as the chips and microwaved frozen pies. They will assemble it, and you add your own sauce.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Yes, they have a burger grill on deck - same spot as the chips and microwaved frozen pies. They will assemble it, and you add your own sauce.

Are the burgers on Princess included in your fare or an extra charge?

Burgers and also pizza slices and soft serve ice-cream were included on the Grand Princess, at outlets around the pools deck.  The many snacks at the International Cafe were also included, and they changed according to time of day. There were breakfast items, and lunch/dinner items, including pies and pizza cups which they heated for you, plus soup.

• Thanks 1