Refit Pics

GaryEssex

On 11/15/2023 at 11:13 AM, bluemarble said:

There's a gap in QV's 2024 schedule between 30 October and 15 November 2024. Seems likely that's the timeframe for QV's next drydock.

QE underwent a drydock in Singapore earlier this year during a gap in her schedule between 17 March and 3 April 2023.

Is there a gap after QV's world cruise? The spa loungers are in need of new cushions--the old ones are too thin and you can feel every bump in the wicker. A woman at the spa desk said the spa is "getting a refit after the world cruise and everything will be refreshed." 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Is there a gap after QV's world cruise? The spa loungers are in need of new cushions--the old ones are too thin and you can feel every bump in the wicker. A woman at the spa desk said the spa is "getting a refit after the world cruise and everything will be refreshed." 

No, there isn't a gap in QV's schedule after the 2024 world cruise. After returning to Southampton on April 28, 2024, she's scheduled for a 7-night cruise to Hamburg, Rotterdam and Zeebrugge (with the first two nights completing the world cruise for those who started in Hamburg). Then she's off to start her Mediterranean season on May 5, 2024. She returns to Southampton on October 21, 2024 for a 9-night Spain and Portugal cruise (including a stop in Tangier) before that gap in her schedule starting October 30, 2024.

Edited by bluemarble

13 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

No, there isn't a gap in QV's schedule after the 2024 world cruise. After returning to Southampton on April 28, 2024, she's scheduled for a 7-night cruise to Hamburg, Rotterdam and Zeebrugge (with the first two nights completing the world cruise for those who started in Hamburg). Then she's off to start her Mediterranean season on May 5, 2024. She returns to Southampton on October 21, 2024 for a 9-night Spain and Portugal cruise (including a stop in Tangier) before that gap in her schedule starting October 30, 2024.

If that Tangier cruise gets any cheaper and doesn’t sell out, I may be unable to resist. Such a shame it is so late in the year.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, SilverHengroen said:

Wasn't Queen Victoria just refurbished by Harland and Wolff last year? 

Yes, Queen Victoria was in drydock at Harland & Wolff in Belfast from May 2 to May 22, 2022. That was just prior to her return to service on June 5, 2022. Similar I suppose to QM2's previous drydock from August 27 to September 26, 2021 at Damen Shiprepair in Brest to get her ready for her return to service in November 2021.

11 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Yes, Queen Victoria was in drydock at Harland & Wolff in Belfast from May 2 to May 22, 2022. That was just prior to her return to service on June 5, 2022. Similar I suppose to QM2's previous drydock from August 27 to September 26, 2021 at Damen Shiprepair in Brest to get her ready for her return to service in November 2021.

Yes, QM2 brief stop in Brest was to get her reactivated. This last one was essentially the one she was supposed to have in 2020 but then the lockdowns happened. 

Don't care a toss about shower curtains but hope some of the more decrepit externals like her lifeboat davits and boats are properly repainted and cleaned up.  Granted, we were on her in Jan 2022 just after she returned to service and she was... well.... a bit of a neglected mess.  Frankly more than her very hardworking deck crew could manage to correct even in 28 days down to the West Indies and back.  This ship has a lot of exposed "bits" that seem to invite smuts, rust and sea spray to adhere to.  Worse, you can see it all from your balcony.  

This is, after, all, just a drydocking... not some epic makeover and concerns one assumes more what you cannot see and perhaps glad you could not before this well needed shave and a haircut.  I just hope by the time we are back aboard in Jan 2025 she doesn't have five o'clock shadow again. 

Edited by WantedOnVoyage
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Yes and I also read that QV was in Newcastle prior to Belfast where apparently much of her carpeting was made to walk the gangplank! 

She certainly had some very smart quality flooring when we joined her in Sept 22. In fact she looked immaculate..in our opinion. 

• Like 1

On 11/15/2023 at 9:07 AM, Jack E Dawson said:

I thought the asymmetrical pattern of the corridor carpets was pretty cool and liked the blue/gray colors. However, I can see where others might think it did not fit the overall decor of the grand QM2. Isn't "style" latin for, you can't please everyone???

ABBAE530-265D-4F28-AF4F-D0758BF78AEC.thumb.jpeg.333b7dd2decb38031eb0067fe26d4564.jpeg

Those carpets looked better in person, in my opinion.  As far as the Latin for style, the etymology is suspect but you have a point.