Refit Pics

GaryEssex

Taken from another social media place and credit must go to Leven Doorgaan
I hope to get some inside photos as soon as I can this coming Thursday as we are on the Bruges trip and now she is back in water I can not wait. 

image.png

Edited by cook68
  • Like 6

38 minutes ago, cook68 said:

Taken from another social media place and credit must go to Leven Doorgaan
I hope to get some inside photos as soon as I can this coming Thursday as we are on the Bruges trip and now she is back in water I can not wait. 

image.png

Please, please, tell me those awful corridor carpets will have been replaced - photo's please 🤞 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

Please, please, tell me those awful corridor carpets will have been replaced - photo's please 🤞 

I swear I saw a picture here or from another site showing those carpets removed.  I could have been dreaming too!

19 minutes ago, NE John said:

I swear I saw a picture here or from another site showing those carpets removed.  I could have been dreaming too!

There was a photo floating around that looked like carpets were removed but I think it was just panels laid down the hallway to protect the floor.  

But I also truly hope those terrible carpets are gone. My first impression of the QM2 was heading to my cabin and thinking "wow, these carpets are really worn out!". I thought that for the entirety of the cruise. It wasn't until long after that I found out its a deliberate fade. Mind boggling design choice. I've seen photos of the original carpets, so much nicer.

Edited by Jim_P
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

Someone asked the poster what had been replaced and his reply was 'everything'. We can only guess. I was last on her 2018 so will just post what I see and let more recent passengers judge if it's new. I am sure new carpet will be spotted straight away. It was bad then let alone more recently. 

4 hours ago, Millieloulou said:

I am sure I have seen a photo of the passage ways with underlay laid.Forever hopeful.And the shower curtains, ah well we’re old friends .

Heh….one might even say “intimate friends.” I certainly would love to sever that relationship when we board in a few weeks!

6 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

Am I the only one who is not offended by the corridor carpets?

There was a missing lampshade from the sconces along the starboard Deck 9 corridor that drove me batty OTOH.  Hopefully *that* has been remedied!  

13 hours ago, ClipperinSFO said:

Am I the only one who is not offended by the corridor carpets?

There was a missing lampshade from the sconces along the starboard Deck 9 corridor that drove me batty OTOH.  Hopefully *that* has been remedied!  

Nope you are not alone.  The carpets are actually quite stylish with their ombré design.  I think it’s quite obvious they are not faded or worn.  It’s simply a style and a very fashionable one at that used at many high end hotels.  

To me there are far more urgent needs for QM2 than the carpets.  The ship frankly looked quite worse for wear my last sailing on her.  It was sad as I’ve sailed her many times and never has she been in such poor condition.  This amazing lady deserves better.  I’m sure this refit will help but my feeling is she needs something much more substantial than what can be accomplished in this short time frame.  Even so I have high hopes and no question we should see an improved and refreshed QM2.  

Edited by eroller
  • Like 1

I did not like the corridor carpets either which have been put in 2016. I agree with eroller though- many more areas who needed a lot of TLC. ALL chairs in Britannia, ALL chairs in the Queens Room- totaly worn out. The public cloakrooms where literally falling apart and that has been the case since a few years back. These wonderful deck chairs unique with Cunard - on Mary some of them looked ready for a nice bonfire. The seating are deck 8 aft outside - ugly- dirty- worn out- a dissgrace for such a ship.

7 hours ago, eroller said:

To me there are far more urgent needs for QM2 than the carpets.  The ship frankly looked quite worse for wear my last sailing on her.  It was sad as I’ve sailed her many times and never has she been in such poor condition.  This amazing lady deserves better.  I’m sure this refit will help but my feeling is she needs something much more substantial than what can be accomplished in this short time frame.  Even so I have high hopes and no question we should see an improved and refreshed QM2.  

When was the last time you sailed on her?  We were last on in December of ‘22 and she didn’t look all that worse for wear.  Maybe I always see QM2 through rose colored (or Cunard red in this case) glasses.  

Edited by ClipperinSFO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ClipperinSFO said:

When was the last time you sailed on her?  We were last on in December of ‘22 and she didn’t look all that worse for wear.  Maybe I always see QM2 through rose colored (or Cunard red in this case) glasses.  

We we last onward November 2022 [and have commented on previous 'wish list' threads for this past availability].

What I would be please to see on post refit reports would include:

- Illuminations seating replaced [so all the reclining planetarium section seats work]

- Spa locker room shower drains actually draining 

- A few of the deck 2 leaky windows [by voyage sales, and port side Britannia] re sealed (it looked to me like welding was needed, not just sealants)

10 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

I did not like the corridor carpets either which have been put in 2016. I agree with eroller though- many more areas who needed a lot of TLC. ALL chairs in Britannia, ALL chairs in the Queens Room- totaly worn out. The public cloakrooms where literally falling apart and that has been the case since a few years back. These wonderful deck chairs unique with Cunard - on Mary some of them looked ready for a nice bonfire. The seating are deck 8 aft outside - ugly- dirty- worn out- a dissgrace for such a ship.

I never noticed any of the steamer seats were ready for a bonfire nor did  recall the seats on deck 8 being a disgrace. Considering the battering  they take with the weather I think they are fine. I obviously have low standards because I honestly am not bothered by the state of the outdoor furniture. I spend a lot of time outside too.In spite  of having my own balcony I enjoy people watching on the decks. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1