Checking in for cruise

There are 2 of us going, so when it comes time to do the check in thing, 1 person can do the check in for both parties correct?  I mean, the other person doesnt have to have their own account on NCL etc etc?  Since I've never had to do this style check in with passports and stuff, just not 100% sure what to expect when the time comes.  I know we'll fight getting a picture to be accepted lol, but other than a credit card to put on the room and our passports what other stuff do I need to do the process?

Thanks

I just checked in the other day for my entire party of 5. Other than the passport and cc info, you just need an emergency contact for each person. It will also ask if you want to purchase a transfer from the airport to port and back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

I know we'll fight getting a picture to be accepted lol,

We just did check in last week and we didnt need to do the photo thingy at all. Theres been a recent change to that dumb frustrating part. Yahoo. Just go to the next item (8) after you do everything but the photo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@sailingships

We just did check in last week and we didnt need to do the photo thingy at all. Theres been a recent change to that dumb frustrating part. Yahoo. Just go to the next item (8) after you do everything but the photo.

Great news!!  I did wonder why it was necessary as we had to have our photo taken again when checking in at the port the last twice we cruised.

• Like 1

you actually didn't have to have your photo taken again. the contract employee who checked you in was on autopilot and did it... just because... out of habit or because he or she thinks its required. but it's not if you supplied an approved photo at online checkin. 

3 hours ago, sailingships said:

this is great to hear.  I had just stopped doing the online check-in all together, especially since it really doesn't save you much time when you check-in at the port.  Maybe I'll go back to doing it if they removed the requirement of uploading a photo.

13 hours ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

@sailingships

Great news!!  I did wonder why it was necessary as we had to have our photo taken again when checking in at the port the last twice we cruised.

I had my photo retaken in Southampton. And even though the online photo says taking your glasses off is required, he had me leave them on, though he did have me take my sunglasses which were on the top of my head off.

15 hours ago, sailingships said:

Great news!    I also struggle with the photo part.   

13 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I finally got a photo acceptable to NCL.

I saved it on my computer for my future cruises.

Hope it works for you. 

We had acceptable photos saved to our computer but just two months later they didn't like them🤨 

• Haha 1

We find the online check-in usually saves us a lot of time at the port. But last trip DH took his own selfie and insisted I use it without cropping and adjusting the color balance. The program accepted the photo but I thought they might reject it at the port and they did. So he had to have his picture taken again. It only added a couple of minutes more to the process so it wasn't bad. I still remember our first couple of cruises where they didn't have online check-in and we had to do everything at the port. It was a lot longer process.