Drinks Packages

jonsmum61

When we have cruised previously, we have been able to purchase a Premium Drinks Package for me, and a Non-Alcoholic one for my OH as he doesn't drink.  We've just been told by our agent that we both have to have the same package.  Have things changed since we last cruised (pre-Covid admittedly), or has she got it wrong?

Thanks

If there is a valid/medical reason that your OH has such as a recovering alcoholic or if they can’t drink due to medical reasons, they can make an exception and put them on a zero proof package and you on either the classic or premium drink package. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, bloomcruisers said:

I think also, if you wait to purchase onboard, one person in the room can get it. But that may be upgrades only. Not 100% sure.

Things are tightening up.  Was ar a bar last night and someone wanted to upgrade their package and was told that both had to upgrade. 

1 minute ago, darrenluvs2cruz said:

How much does it cost to upgrade from classic package to premium package?

They use dynamic pricing so you never know. We paid $10 Canadian per day per person but it had previously been as high as 17.

For the current sale, I found the upgrade price to be only $6.99 (+20%) per person per day. Best price I have ever seen. I was able to upgrade one of my cruises in February (Ascent) but the sale price was not offered on my December (also Ascent) cruise. The upgrade for the December cruise is $20 per person per day (+ 20%).

On 10/31/2023 at 11:21 PM, jonsmum61 said:

When we have cruised previously, we have been able to purchase a Premium Drinks Package for me, and a Non-Alcoholic one for my OH as he doesn't drink.  We've just been told by our agent that we both have to have the same package.  Have things changed since we last cruised (pre-Covid admittedly), or has she got it wrong?

Thanks

As Kk2 mentioned if you have a medical condition your husband can be downgraded.  I can't drink because of medical reasons, Celebrity reluctantly changed me from the AI Classic to Zero Proof whilst my husband kept his Classic  when I mentioned that I will get a medical certificate if they need it  (which I have done & will bring it).  During the recent sales, I  had problems trying to upgrade my husband to  premium drink package whilst i stay on the zero alcohol.  Someone advised me to contact Captains Club & they were able to put through the sale of the upgraded package for my husband. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hasentreelake said:

You should look NOW....

For our cruise in 3 weeks, no luck, but for our cruise next May the sale is $6.99+ per day

image.png

Just got this deal on my December 6 sailing.  I had already purchased it so I cancelled and re-purchased. Now I have an extra $115 OBC to try and spend (or take out of a slot machine) 😉

15 hours ago, DingoMom said:

For the current sale, I found the upgrade price to be only $6.99 (+20%) per person per day. Best price I have ever seen. I was able to upgrade one of my cruises in February (Ascent) but the sale price was not offered on my December (also Ascent) cruise. The upgrade for the December cruise is $20 per person per day (+ 20%).

I grabbed the $6.99 for our Mardi Gras cruise in Feb 2024 and our B2B on the Beyond in 2025 was $13.99.    maybe that is still a good deal but I am holding off on upgrading right now for the 2025 cruises. 

• Like 1

@wallysdtr, I understand completely. However, $13.99 at this point does seem like a great deal. Maybe consider purchasing the upgrade now, as you can always cancel and rebook if the price goes down in the future. More paperwork to keep track of, but I have saved a lot of 💰 using this method!