reservations for Blu and Luminae?

grest

As @cruisestitch stated neither Blu or Luminae take reservations but the staff often get to know our dining time and prep a table.   We dining late (around 8:45 so no problem).

Having said that we have had on occasion had to wait for a table due to everyone eating late because of the Captain and Senior Officers Reception in Retreat and everyone going to dinner right after it.   No problem.  If they get backed up they will invite you to return to Retreat and they will call when a table is available.

On one occasion I know of the Maitr'd in Blu told me 90% of the guests showed up on line 20 minutes before he opened and couldn't accommodate everyone and had to hand out beepers.   He was very upset as that had never happened to him before and he feared lots of bad ratings.  After that he started opening 1/2 hour earlier.

Edited by Jim_Iain

On our last cruise there was definitely some reservations or table holding taking place in Luminae.  We often noted that two guest in Luminae were always seated at the same table and at times when we came to be seated and that table was empty we were told it was not available.  in the next 10 -15 minutes the two guest came in and were seated at that table.   I guess they tipped better than we did.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

On our last cruise there was definitely some reservations or table holding taking place in Luminae.  We often noted that two guest in Luminae were always seated at the same table and at times when we came to be seated and that table was empty we were told it was not available.  in the next 10 -15 minutes the two guest came in and were seated at that table.   I guess they tipped better than we did.  

It might have just been a matter that they were in an upper suite, not necessarily based on tipping practices.  The time we were fortunate enough to stay in a PH on Connie, we were asked to let them know what times we wanted to come in and now that you mention it, it was always the same table.

• Thanks 1

As mentioned, you cannot make a reservations. Some hostesses are better than others at seating you at a table in your server’s section. On longer cruises with an abundance of older passengers, everyone seems to show up at 6 pm. 

We have often received a card in our cabin advising a suggested arrival time for the first evening. Ours always seems

to be late - 8 pm - and I don’t know how they assign the times. Wish I did because we don’t want to eat that late.