Diamond (Crown Lounge) Access

22 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

No ships are providing an actual voucher that you have to use. Everything regarding drinks/extra coffee drink is loaded onto your sea pass card.  If your ship capacity warrants the extra coffee benefit,  there will be a card explaining the benefit in your cabin. The card is for informational purposes only it is not necessary, nor can I be used for a drink.  The coffee benefit is a daily benefit that may be used once per day any time during the day.

m

Yeah, the whole "voucher' term throws me off.  Makes me think of something in hand, like a ticket.  (kind of like the old 10 drink card for $80-$90 that they are starting to roll out again).

I'm now used to the 4 drinks per day on our card.  It's interesting that they can load another credit, specific to coffee drinks, onto our Seapass cards.  I'll be interested to see if we ever run into this in the future or not.  It certainly wasn't needed on our latest two cruises. (Anthem and Quantum)  Diamond lounge was almost always empty which made it nice to grab and go with the coffee.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Diamond lounge was almost always empty which made it nice to grab and go with the coffee.

This and the amount of coffee I drink each morning is why a voucher isn't nearly as appealing to me as the machine.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

No ships are providing an actual voucher that you have to use. Everything regarding drinks/extra coffee drink is loaded onto your sea pass card.

On Liberty in September, the DL coffee machine was broken.  I asked the concierge if they were loading a voucher on the SeaPass card.  He said no, and handed my a 7 drink coffee card.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Researcher said:

It certainly wasn't needed on our latest two cruises. (Anthem and Quantum)  Diamond lounge was almost always empty which made it nice to grab and go with the coffee.

30 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

This and the amount of coffee I drink each morning is why a voucher isn't nearly as appealing to me as the machine.

You will eventually start cruising on top tier heavy cruises and experience long lines at the CL/SL coffee machine.  Something to look forward too.  😄

• Haha 2

On 11/2/2023 at 12:26 AM, gerig said:

If the diamond lounge can hold diamond plus and pinnacles, why limit it to diamond plus with 340 points?

Because the person who suggested that has over 340 points. 
I think it should be limited to blue eyed people born in June 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

2 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Yeah, the whole "voucher' term throws me off.  Makes me think of something in hand, like a ticket.  (kind of like the old 10 drink card for $80-$90 that they are starting to roll out again).

I'm now used to the 4 drinks per day on our card.  It's interesting that they can load another credit, specific to coffee drinks, onto our Seapass cards.  I'll be interested to see if we ever run into this in the future or not.  It certainly wasn't needed on our latest two cruises. (Anthem and Quantum)  Diamond lounge was almost always empty which made it nice to grab and go with the coffee.

When we have had the daily coffee credit on some other ships, we received physical vouchers.  However, as previously mentioned, a daily coffee credit was loaded on to our seapass cards on the recent Anthem TA.

What was odd, to us at least, was that the coffee posted on our account just like the drink "vouchers" for Diamond through Pinnacle.  Even odder, we were in a suite, and the "free" drinks provided to suite guests in the concierge lounge on the Anthem also posted on our account like the D/D+/P vouchers.  It took a bit of sorting to know which were our actual vouchers, and which were the additional "free" drinks.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, splashsmom said:

What was odd, to us at least, was that the coffee posted on our account just like the drink "vouchers" for Diamond through Pinnacle.  

Well, I personally wouldn't argue with that!  I'd be o.k. grabbing regular 'ol coffee in the cafe promenade if I could use the coffee voucher for an alcoholic drink.  😉

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Well, I personally wouldn't argue with that!  I'd be o.k. grabbing regular 'ol coffee in the cafe promenade if I could use the coffee voucher for an alcoholic drink.  😉

That is not how it is processed.  It's only how it is displayed in the app.

They really need to add a code to distinguish what type of "perk" was used for the drink (C(offee), D(iamond), or S(uite))

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

That is not how it is processed.  It's only how it is displayed in the app.

They really need to add a code to distinguish what type of "perk" was used for the drink (C(offee), D(iamond), or S(uite))

Totally agree.   We have "Coastal Kitchen" zero charges posted on our account nightly.  No way to tell if they are voucher or our suites perks.  

But I figure free is free...no matter what they want to call it.  But if we would ever (and we never) go up and over our six per person...and knowing half of them were suites happy hour drinks during dinner in CK...should we see a charge on our account.... I would then take issue.   So far...non issue.  

5 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

I also have more than 340 points but feel if the venue can accommodate diamond plus and pinnacle no one should be excluded.  Evidently the number of pinnacles has grown a lot which is why they are limiting them to the concierge/suite lounge.  It appears that if the numbers continue to grown then no pinnacles will have access.

1 hour ago, gerig said:

I also have more than 340 points but feel if the venue can accommodate diamond plus and pinnacle no one should be excluded.  Evidently the number of pinnacles has grown a lot which is why they are limiting them to the concierge/suite lounge.  It appears that if the numbers continue to grown then no pinnacles will have access.

Ummm...please keep in mind that not all Pinnies cruise in inside cabins.   

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Ummm...please keep in mind that not all Pinnies cruise in inside cabins.   

That goes without saying.  Pinnacle status will not grant them access if the rules change to "only suite" guests, however they can book a suite and gain access.  Basically this is what happened a number of years ago when the diamond and diamond plus were not allowed access which was due to the volume of people.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

On Liberty in September, the DL coffee machine was broken.  I asked the concierge if they were loading a voucher on the SeaPass card.  He said no, and handed my a 7 drink coffee card.

I was referring to the extra coffee drink because of too many diamonds/diamond plus/Pinnacle members not a special circumstance when the machine is broken.

m

11 hours ago, gerig said:

That goes without saying.  Pinnacle status will not grant them access if the rules change to "only suite" guests, however they can book a suite and gain access.  Basically this is what happened a number of years ago when the diamond and diamond plus were not allowed access which was due to the volume of people.

We book full suites.   So...yeah, this Pinnie gets access.  😉 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gerig said:

I book suites also and love coastal kitchen

For us, as we are currently....the set up on Wonder (which is also our home port ship) works the best for us.   Deck 17 all GS cabins (our favorite type) same deck as CK and the SL.  🙂 

We are in the same cabin for this B2B as we were for four weeks last year at this time (Med and TA).  Love it.  

1 hour ago, island lady said:

For us, as we are currently....the set up on Wonder (which is also our home port ship) works the best for us.   Deck 17 all GS cabins (our favorite type) same deck as CK and the SL.

Not that I'll be in them very often, but since I was there (as you know), that's an ideal design IMO as well.

I still think you picked the wrong cabin though. You have to walk more than 10 steps to the CK/SL entrance. Gimme 1722 every time! 😁

Ironically, someone else I converse with on another forum has 1722 on Utopia's inaugural (same layout as Wonder of course). She didn't realize it was the one I stayed in on Wonder. She also commented that it wasn't available when Utopia was released... and that was because we had our TA put it on hold for a family cruise in the unlikely even that the prices weren't insane (which of course they were) so it opened up for her when we told our TA to release it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Not that I'll be in them very often, but since I was there (as you know), that's an ideal design IMO as well.

I still think you picked the wrong cabin though. You have to walk more than 10 steps to the CK/SL entrance. Gimme 1722 every time! 😁

Ironically, someone else I converse with on another forum has 1722 on Utopia's inaugural (same layout as Wonder of course). She didn't realize it was the one I stayed in on Wonder. She also commented that it wasn't available when Utopia was released... and that was because we had our TA put it on hold for a family cruise in the unlikely even that the prices weren't insane (which of course they were) so it opened up for her when we told our TA to release it.

I actually picked that one when Wonder first came out, when we were doing the Med. and TA.  It is Starboard side, in a keyed entry area all to itself..  We get no foot traffic going to and from CK/SL, like they do on the port side.   Upstairs on deck 18, both sides get foot traffic going back and forth from the Suites Sun deck.  I am a light sleeper, so a more quiet hallway works for me.  🥰

And don't tell anybody about the "secret doorway" that is just 4 cabins down from us.  😄  I use it if I forget something when in CK and need to dash to the cabin and back quickly.  

10 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I was referring to the extra coffee drink because of too many diamonds/diamond plus/Pinnacle members not a special circumstance when the machine is broken.

Are you implying there are times when the machine is not Broken? What alternate universe is this in?

😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 11/3/2023 at 11:21 AM, Billy Baltic said:

This is crazy, I see it all the time. Someone wants some special pinnacle benefit cut off at  2174 points, because they have 2173 points!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2