Diamond (Crown Lounge) Access

20 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Galley tour?  Great.  Sailed Jewel in September and as far as I know - no tour was offered.  Would be great if tours were reinstated.  All I see the for a fee, all access tour. 

M

Our friends who are Pinns didn't get it so not sure how it was given out.  We just got a card in our room but we didn't go.  We've done some in the past but my knee doesn't love doing something like that.  I did see suite guests going to a bridge tour.  You can always tell those as security is there with a wand.  We were on deck 10 which is the bridge level and that's where they were gathered.

Edited by BND

39 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Galley tour?  Great.  Sailed Jewel in September and as far as I know - no tour was offered.  Would be great if tours were reinstated.  All I see the for a fee, all access tour. 

M

They added an entertainment tour on Wonder a couple of weeks ago...declined it.  But not sure if it was for C&A perk, or being in a suite.  🤔

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Have been to a couple of those when numbers were low.  

Not sure what low is.    P's had no suite lounge access.  I think there were about 60 P's plus the D+ upper tier.   Terrific lunch of filet and large lobster tail.   

M

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

They added an entertainment tour on Wonder a couple of weeks ago...declined it.  But not sure if it was for C&A perk, or being in a suite.  🤔

I was on the Wonder Halloween week. The entertainment tour was offered as part of Diamond Plus and was also invited by the Maitre d’ for a free galley tour.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

I just love to ask them stupid questions - as if they are crew members when they wear the pin....😜🤣😇

I agree that wearing a pin that is actually a name tag makes you look like an employee. When I get to Pinnacle level I will decline getting a pin. When I got my Diamond pin, I left it randomly around the ship for someone to find and keep.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Vibe said:

When I got my Diamond pin, I left it randomly around the ship for someone to find and keep.

I don't even remember getting one. My wife says we got them and I said I didn't want it so we left it on the ship. She's probably right.

I'll probably toss my D+ pin in a drawer and never see it again once I get it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I don't even remember getting one. My wife says we got them and I said I didn't want it so we left it on the ship. She's probably right.

I'll probably toss my D+ pin in a drawer and never see it again once I get it.

I think our D+ pins ended up in the same place as our previous pins. The trash. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

I think our D+ pins ended up in the same place as our previous pins. The trash. 

Ya, I don't get it.  I couldn't care less what others' status is, and I assume they feel the same about ours.  For those that care, I guess the adage of 'reverting back to children as we grow old' has some merit. 

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Vibe said:

I was on the Wonder Halloween week. The entertainment tour was offered as part of Diamond Plus and was also invited by the Maitre d’ for a free galley tour.

We were on it as well.   Great costumes as we walked around the Promenade...but did not stay for the parade.   Bucky managed to get with our CK host and set this up.  😉  Poor Grace met her doom.  

20231031_200842.jpg

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I posted the personalized lapel PIN as sarcasm (that's why I *** Bolded *** )

I still have a long way until PIN; just barely half way there.  I have sailed other lines besides RCI.

I am also a little more than half a pinnacle and cruise regularly with Princess and have elite status with them.  I also have cruise other cruise lines.  I will never cruise to make a certain status but look at the ship and itinerary

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gerig said:

I am also a little more than half a pinnacle and cruise regularly with Princess and have elite status with them.  I also have cruise other cruise lines.  I will never cruise to make a certain status but look at the ship and itinerary

So, is that D+, or is that some new category? 😀

For those at 175 -699 points I've seen  D+, D++, D+++,  Almost Pinnacle, Pinnacle in training, (and now) A little more than half a pinnacle!  Of course, all those are simply D+.  

Ya'll are so creative.  

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

For those at 175 -699 points I've seen  D+, D++, D+++,  Almost Pinnacle, Pinnacle in training, (and now) A little more than half a pinnacle!  Of course, all those are simply D+.  

Ya'll are so creative.  

M

If pinnacle is 700 then 1/2 a pinnacle is 350 points of more but I actually don't even look at points at all and only realize how many points I have when I get another ship block.

14 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Ya'll are so creative.  

M

It is funny though.   From the rumors that circled around when they added Emerald, it was supposedly a mistake, as they wanted to officially name the 340 point (was 350 at the time) as Emerald.  

Let's face it Emerald is a wink of the eye (of which we skipped the whole level on one longer cruise)...and not much worth anything.  I did get to finally see a pin with the green glass, versus clear glass like the Diamond pin though.  😄  

• Like 1

That Emerald debacle probably got someone fired.  I was D+ (well more like D++ or a little more than halfway to Pinnacle) when Emerald was created so bypassed it completely. 

The question of the day.  If everyone comes up with categories implying, they are close to pinnacle status, ( I saw a post where someone bragged they would Pinnacle in 2025!)  why is there so much Pinnacle bashing?  Pinnacle  Envy?

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

That Emerald debacle probably got someone fired.  I was D+ (well more like D++ or a little more than halfway to Pinnacle) when Emerald was created so bypassed it completely. 

M

Yeah, I remember something about the new (incorrect) signs they printed up...that were released too early.  Ooops!  😬

Just now, ssb said:

Don’t forget there is a Double Pinnacle and other higher designations being recognized now at Upper Tier Events 

Not sure about recognition ( just the 3 highest point cruisers and new Pinnacles)....but get to double Pinnacle (1400 points).....   Free 7 night cruise certificate in a JS cabin.  🤗

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

Not sure about recognition ( just the 3 highest point cruisers and new Pinnacles)....but get to double Pinnacle (1400 points).....   Free 7 night cruise certificate in a JS cabin.  🤗

On recent Odyssey TA , 1400 Pinnacle’s and others of higher levels and points  were made a big deal of , on the stage with presentations. Of course top cruiser was a biggie 5200 +- and well deserved . 

Edited by ssb

33 minutes ago, ssb said:

Don’t forget there is a Double Pinnacle and other higher designations being recognized now at Upper Tier Events 

Seems, they have always recognized those hitting the specific benchmarks (every 350 above 700) like   1050, 1400, 1750, 2100  etc.  We've been recognized on the cruises we crossed over the specific thresholds.   They didn't call it anything,  just announced the point threshold and gave us a certificate.  

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Seems, they have always recognized those hitting the specific benchmarks (every 350 above 700) like   1050, 1400 1750  etc.  We've been recognized on the cruises we crossed over the specific thresholds.   They didn't call it anything, just announced the point threshold and gave us a certificate.  

M

They made a big deal about those thresholds on this cruise. 

Just off of Anthem. There was 10 people max in Crown Lounge.

Usually there was more even during Thanksgivings.

Not sure if this is due to restriction to Diamonds or just a coincidence.

15 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Just off of Anthem. There was 10 people max in Crown Lounge.

Usually there was more even during Thanksgivings.

Not sure if this is due to restriction to Diamonds or just a coincidence.

On the Oct TA, the Crown Lounge was full most nights during happy hour.  They even had an overflow section in the Music Hall.  I don't think they were restricting Diamonds.

766 D, 556 D+, 109 Pinn.

• Thanks 1

Here's something I was wondering.

Do Royal know if a passenger who is D or D+ actually earned the points from cruising or got them by being a partner with someone else who had that status and may have even split up but kept the status.

Just asking because it doesn't seem very fair to me if someone who has actually cruised between 80 and 174 nights is turned away from the newly named "Crown Lounge" during happy hour but someone who is D+ but didn't cruise as many nights is let in.

I know its only now for some nibbles as you still have to use a drinks voucher for each drink you purchase, which makes me wonder what all the fuse is about with Royal stopping Diamonds.

But it can't be nice for anyone who had taken part in a program and played by the rules to be turned away like this.

Maybe the Crown Lounge should be just for those who earned the points and filled on a first come first served basis.

Mick.

Edited by Mick B
  • Like 1