Does Carnival ever heat the pools or jacuzzis?

mamiamjo

On our last cruise I decided to check out the jacuzzi tub and found that the water was pretty cool like the pool water, which leads me to wonder if they heat the water in the pools and/or the jacuzzis, especially when the weather is cooler like it is now?

Hot tubs are usually quite hot, but occasionally I have found one or two to be "warm but not hot".

Pools don't get heated usually, AFAIK, but will warm in the sun and of course through body heat transfer from people in the pool.  (A pool crowded with humans maintaining 96degF will eventually warm up.)

• Like 1

Hmm, well maybe they had just changed the water in the jacuzzi when I tried it, because that water was not even warm, it was cool. I'll try again next time and if it's not warm or hot, come back at a later time (If I can find a time when it's not full)

30 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Hot tubs are usually quite hot, but occasionally I have found one or two to be "warm but not hot".

Pools don't get heated usually, AFAIK, but will warm in the sun and of course through body heat transfer from people in the pool.  (A pool crowded with humans maintaining 96degF will eventually warm up.)

And by those that never take a bathroom break, just like at the swim up bars.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't normally do hot tubs either but my knee has been acting up and had thought that soaking in a hot tub for a while would help with the achiness. Anyway, when I checked the water it was very cool, I wouldn't say cold, but definitely not warm or hot. Going on another cruise this weekend, will report back what I find 

54 minutes ago, mamiamjo said:

I don't normally do hot tubs either but my knee has been acting up and had thought that soaking in a hot tub for a while would help with the achiness. Anyway, when I checked the water it was very cool, I wouldn't say cold, but definitely not warm or hot. Going on another cruise this weekend, will report back what I find 

This does bring up the point that the hot tubs get sanitized/cycled every night, so maybe if you check too early the water won't be hot yet.  So check again later.  :shrug: 

• Like 1

On Horizon two weeks ago, the Serenity hot-tubs were kinda lukewarm (but the weather was HOT so we didn't mind too much), but the aft hot-tubs were quite warm-to-hot.  

--And I think those are the only two hot-tub areas on the Vista-class.   There are none in the "main" Lido pool area.  

I know the pools aren't heated. I've never experienced a truly "hot" hot tub on Carnival, they've all been what I consider lukewarm. I don't know what temperature that would be though.

If people are sitting in a hot tub for 30,45,60 minutes - it's not hot enough basically. That's my opinion 😉

Edited by mz-s