News on shareholder credit

Sea Hag

On 11/1/2023 at 6:28 PM, kiwimum said:

From what I have read from the notice from our CVP, going forward using Stockperks is the way Carnival Corporate is going to handle Stockholders fleet and world wide.  
www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp

In looking at the Stockperks website it says "The benefit is available on sailings through July 31, 2024. Applications to receive this benefit should be made at least three weeks prior to cruise departure date."

Does anyone know if the shareholder benefit is changing after July 31, 2024. 

21 minutes ago, BettyNL said:

Once submitted and approved/verified …. Can you use the same information without re-applying for SHOBC with other Carnival (HAL) lines for future cruises ??  OR am I just dreaming about a simpler life …

If you click on Carnival Corp and then Holland America, you should be able to click on the Redeem Perk option if your brokerage statement has already been approved/verified by StockPerks.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

In looking at the Stockperks website it says "The benefit is available on sailings through July 31, 2024. Applications to receive this benefit should be made at least three weeks prior to cruise departure date."

I would imagine the benefits will stay the same as they have every year. The date should change to sometime in 2025 once Carnival has their annual shareholder meeting early next year.

1 hour ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I used the old email way for our 3/8/25 cruise and they added it already.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, polmcs said:

When it came to the brokerage info, I simply typed etrade and was promoted to upload a copy of my brokerage statement. I just sent a single page showing my CCL stock holding.

I got a confirmation shortly after to say that they had received it and would review it within the next 2 days

I got an email a few hours ago to say that my stock holding verification was complete and to go ahead and submit a claim for OBC. I did that and got the stock “please wait for up to 5 days for the credit to show up on your account”

• Like 2

2 hours ago, polmcs said:

I got an email a few hours ago to say that my stock holding verification was complete and to go ahead and submit a claim for OBC. I did that and got the stock “please wait for up to 5 days for the credit to show up on your account”

OBC showed up in my account less than 2hrs later. About 12 hrs in total from signing up for an account to having the credit show up on my booking and no need to share broker login details. 

• Like 3

I just got my SH OBC added to the cruise I sent in 5 business days ago.  Yay!  
I did log into PLAID.  

BTW .. They don’t have my log in information, it simply takes you to a 3rd party website to log in.  They’d be shut down quicker than I can say “rabbit” if they collected and stored your log in information for your brokerage account.  Not to mention, those 3rd party brokerage sites would never allow it either.  

Anyway, I’m sure I will have to log into my brokerage account to qualify for applying for the OBC will need to be done every 3 months.  I sent in my application for 2 different sailings on 2 separate dates and I didn’t have to log in to my brokerage account only once.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I just got my SH OBC added to the cruise I sent in 5 business days ago.  Yay!  
I did log into PLAID.  

BTW .. They don’t have my log in information, it simply takes you to a 3rd party website to log in.  They’d be shut down quicker than I can say “rabbit” if they collected and stored your log in information for your brokerage account.  Not to mention, those 3rd party brokerage sites would never allow it either.  

Anyway, I’m sure I will have to log into my brokerage account to qualify for applying for the OBC will need to be done every 3 months.  I sent in my application for 2 different sailings on 2 separate dates and I didn’t have to log in to my brokerage account only once.  

Inquiring minds, at least my DW and myself, would like to know, if you are willing to share, just exactly what happened after the StockPerks app launched your brokerage account's login procedure? 

Edited by Ken the cruiser

I have just spoken on the phone with the Chief Customer Officer at Stockperks and have been given the following information to pass along.

1) If you are having issues with the app getting your shareholder OBC entered (such as I am with my iPhone6), send the relevant documentation by email to: hello@stockperks.com

- reservation details (full name, reservation number, date of sailing and email associated with the booking)
- proof of Carnival stock ownership (from within the last 3 months)
- on the document they need to see your name, the brokerage name, a date and how many CCL shares you own.

2) They are working on a webpage they hope to have operational by the end of the year in which to enter your information to get your shareholder OBC.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

20 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Inquiring minds, at least my DW and myself, would like to know, if you are willing to share, just exactly what happened after the StockPerks app launched your brokerage account's login procedure? 

Now, I’m trying to remember exactly what happened and in the sequence it happened .. since I probably won’t log back in for at least another three month, I hope to get it exact! 

I downloaded the app for Stock Perks and it asked me to set up my personal information.  Since that was optional, I skipped those fields and went to the next screen.  I still had to give my name and email (maybe my date of birth but can’t recall).  
I was then prompted to verify my account holding my CCL stock.  I choose PLAID and choose my brokerage firm.  
From there, I was transferred to a third party site to log into my account .. and it stated so much.  
After it was verified that we had at least 100 shares of CCL stock, I was taken back to the original screen on Stockperks.  

Within a minute, I was informed by email that my stock had been verified that I could redeem (I think that’s is the word they used) my request for OBC.  I went back into the Stockperks app and clicked on Eligible, then on Princess cruises and then redeem perk. 

The nice part is, once you’ve been verified, it takes you right back into the redeem perk area .. and like I said, if I have any other cruises to apply it to after 3 months, I will probably have to repeat all the steps from above. 
BTW, I did this on a rather new iPad, if that makes a difference.  I never had any glitches to hold me up.  

image.thumb.png.03aa87545c575b3d7131dcb0f3f767d0.png

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Thanks 2

On 11/14/2023 at 11:12 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

Has anybody checked to see if you can do this via a standard web page on their website? Much easier for me to work from a desktop PC.

No, you must compose an email that contains the information that is listed on the SHB page, and attach a copy of your shareholder certificate.  Then use the email address to send both items to Princess.

7 hours ago, thinfool said:

No, you must compose an email that contains the information that is listed on the SHB page, and attach a copy of your shareholder certificate.  Then use the email address to send both items to Princess.

Apparently not...several have posted that when they try doing that they get an email response saying to use the "new" Stockperks.com app. 

• Like 1

Tried the old way four times- twice by fax and twice by mail. THEN I found out they changed the procedure. (3 weeks before my next cruise).  Downloaded the app and attached the statement from my brokerage firm.  One week later it still shows its working on it.  Leaving in two weeks for a two week cruise- that's $250!  The old way worked fine the last 50 times I used it!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Has anyone successfully uploaded multiple statements? 

This one at a time and wait is archaic.

Guess it's a new thing as there are only 1K+ downloads on the app store.

Yes. Once our shares were confirmed via the Alinea option, we submitted our Jan 2024 booking followed by our July 2024 booking. Both were approved 5 business days later.

Statements? Are you referring to bookings or multiple statements? If the answer is statements, you’ll have to explain that in a little more detail.

4 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Yes. Once our shares were confirmed via the Alinea option, we submitted our Jan 2024 booking followed by our July 2024 booking. Both were approved 5 business days later.

Not sure what the Alinea option is.

I just chose the manual option to upload our shares statement. 

20 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Not sure what the Alinea option is.

I just chose the manual option to upload our shares statement. 

That’s fine. If you look at post #119, that will explain the Alinea option. So have you received an email notification back yet from StockPerks confirming your shares have been verified? For us it took about 3 hours. See post #187 to see what the next step is. 

• Like 1

On 11/19/2023 at 8:00 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

That’s fine. If you look at post #119, that will explain the Alinea option. So have you received an email notification back yet from StockPerks confirming your shares have been verified? For us it took about 3 hours. See post #187 to see what the next step is. 

Are you saying that it took about 3 hours from when you uploaded your statement on Stockperks to when you got notification that it was verified?  I did mine earlier this week and it still says it is being processed.  We're sailing on Jan. 4 so time is getting short.  From what I can tell you can't go back in and connect to the brokerage account once you upload a statement but it hasn't been verified yet.  I wonder if I should fax it to them?

1 minute ago, pompeii said:

Are you saying that it took about 3 hours from when you uploaded your statement on Stockperks to when you got notification that it was verified?  I did mine earlier this week and it still says it is being processed.  We're sailing on Jan. 4 so time is getting short.  From what I can tell you can't go back in and connect to the brokerage account once you upload a statement but it hasn't been verified yet.  I wonder if I should fax it to them?

I’m saying it took about 3 hours for StockPerks to initially verify we owned the 100 shares using the brokerage statement we manually uploaded using the Alinea option. Once we got that verification, we went back into the StockPerks app and the “Redeem Perk” link was now active so we could proceed to the next step as described in post 187. After we did that, it took a full 5 business days for the SOBC to be posted to our booking.

4 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I’m saying it took about 3 hours for StockPerks to initially verify we owned the 100 shares using the brokerage statement we manually uploaded using the Alinea option. Once we got that verification, we went back into the StockPerks app and the “Redeem Perk” link was now active so we could proceed to the next step as described in post 187. After we did that, it took a full 5 business days for the SOBC to be posted to our booking.

Got it, thanks.  It's taking a lot longer to verify for us, but this is Thanksgiving week so maybe that's slowing things down.  I did see on the acknowledgement email they sent that it would take up to two business days to verify the stock ownership.  I don't remember which day I uploaded it so I'll give it until Tuesday and then email it over.  Thanks for your insight.

Edited by pompeii
  • Like 1