YC - Inviting Non YC Guests

BoundForSea

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

So the couple had their picture taken by the pool behind Le Muse?  Did it include the option of people changing into swimsuits at pool like we got for free including speedos?

They were spared that background because the deck had been cleared and pool pretty much closed due to high winds...

... so that left them with everything possible being tied down to prevent all the props from blowing away.

That was what we had been talking to the Maître d' about, as he had dashed out there with a roll of heavy duty tape, to help keep some semblance of 'romance' alive 🙂

• Like 1

The one thing I wish MSC would offer is the ability to purchase the YC experience when booking an Aurea suite (probably sans butler). There are cabins like the Grand Aurea Suites for which there really isn't a comparable YC cabin.

Or they need to make it possible to book two cabins under one name, so I could get a small deluxe cabin in YC to secure YC benefits *and* and a Grand Suite Aurea to use as a sleeping/living space.

2 hours ago, peder said:

The one thing I wish MSC would offer is the ability to purchase the YC experience when booking an Aurea suite (probably sans butler). There are cabins like the Grand Aurea Suites for which there really isn't a comparable YC cabin.

Depending on the ship, NCL, Celebrity, and MSC have "outside of the enclave but still have access" staterooms. There are usually advantages and disadvantages for being in one of those staterooms.

I don't think that simply adding Yacht Club access during booking would work but designating certain staterooms as Yacht Club (similar to how MSC changed the Duplex Suites on Meraviglia) could work. If the 2BR/2BA Aurea Suites were changed to Yacht Club suites, that would be a nice option since even the Royal Suites and Owner's Suites don't have a 2nd bedroom nor a 2nd bathroom. 

2 hours ago, peder said:

Or they need to make it possible to book two cabins under one name, so I could get a small deluxe cabin in YC to secure YC benefits *and* and a Grand Suite Aurea to use as a sleeping/living space.

That's unlikely. MSC (and other lines) want more people on the ship. You booking 2 staterooms wouldn't be beneficial to MSC. They want separate people onboard since 2 people are more likely to spend more than 1 person. If people could book a Yacht Club interior and still book a larger stateroom elsewhere, it would be nearly impossible to book an interior Yacht Club stateroom. Those least expensive Yacht Club staterooms would get booked by everyone who wants to add Yacht Club access to what they also have. An inexpensive balcony plus Yacht Club interior cost about the same as a Deluxe Yacht Club stateroom.  

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

If the 2BR/2BA Aurea Suites were changed to Yacht Club suites, that would be a nice option since even the Royal Suites and Owner's Suites don't have a 2nd bedroom nor a 2nd bathroom. 

Maybe that's all I'm asking for here. We love that room category and would probably book more with MSC if we could just have that room in the Yacht Club. But also a shame that this category is non-existent on the Meraviglia- and World-class ships.

1 minute ago, mmbcater said:

If they want to see the Yacht Club-have them book it. I pay for exclusivity...

Yup Same Here! Wife and I pay for the Yacht Club as well as the Haven on NCL. Want to enjoy the perks and the space, Pony up the dough like the rest of us! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, peder said:

If they allow a add-on YC package, it dilutes the overall actual YC product.  It'll never happen.

Just like biz class on an international flight, you're paying for not just the bigger seat, but the entire sanctity of the experience.  Lounge, meal, seat, service, etc.

Thankfully, it's all or nothing.

• Like 10

I didnt imply that.  We are talking about inviting a fellow passenger to lunch or dinner in the YC and I think it could be allowed in her situation.  I will infact inquire when we are all together in Dec in the YC.  She is 90 years old and would NEVER have a guest in her room.

6 minutes ago, Seadweller001 said:

I didnt imply that.  We are talking about inviting a fellow passenger to lunch or dinner in the YC and I think it could be allowed in her situation.  I will infact inquire when we are all together in Dec in the YC.  She is 90 years old and would NEVER have a guest in her room.

Good luck to her. It's become less and less likely to invite guests to YC, with a paynent or not. And so sorry to hear that she would not have a guest in her room. I hope that we all would have the potential for guests for our entire lives. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Seadweller001 said:

Unlikely.

YC is accessible to YC guests only.  

That's like buying two seats in coach on an airline and expecting to get the same privileges as first class.

It's apples and oranges.

9 hours ago, Seadweller001 said:

My Aunt (single, paid double) in Deluxe Grand on Seashore in December.  Wonder if she meets a lady or male and befriends, if there is an exception since she is paying the double occupancy rate?  Not that she will but an interesting situation. 

NO

12 hours ago, Seadweller001 said:

No.  Not allowed.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dexddd said:

One thing MSC needs to do is have two bedroom family suites in YC.  They don't have to be as big as NCL, but really a need.

I don't want any family suites in the YC. NCL have many family suites in the Haven and sometimes there are too many children there. I don't want that to happen in the YC.

• Like 10

On 11/3/2023 at 9:25 PM, Seadweller001 said:

My Aunt (single, paid double) in Deluxe Grand on Seashore in December.  Wonder if she meets a lady or male and befriends, if there is an exception since she is paying the double occupancy rate?  Not that she will but an interesting situation. 

Let’s hope not, she still is not paying for YC.

• Like 2

On 11/3/2023 at 3:25 PM, benjaminnicholas said:

If they allow a add-on YC package, it dilutes the overall actual YC product.  It'll never happen.

Just like biz class on an international flight, you're paying for not just the bigger seat, but the entire sanctity of the experience.  Lounge, meal, seat, service, etc.

Thankfully, it's all or nothing.

We all keep forgetting that we live in a world of entitlement, pay for Bella interior, get YC for free!!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

I don't want any family suites in the YC. NCL have many family suites in the Haven and sometimes there are too many children there. I don't want that to happen in the YC.

For us, it is for adult children to have own space without having to book two rooms.  At end of the day, there is nothing preventing kids from being in YC.  We've had two of eight very full with kids.  Kids making lots of noise even in lounge.  The parents just as bad.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, dexddd said:

For us, it is for adult children to have own space without having to book two rooms.  At end of the day, there is nothing preventing kids from being in YC.  We've had two of eight very full with kids.  Kids making lots of noise even in lounge.  The parents just as bad.

But more big suites in the YC will probably mean more children there and I don't want that.

• Like 3

This thread reminds me of an encounter I had with a guest services agent some years ago on NCL. I politely asked if there was any way we could tour the Haven, as we had never stayed there. She looked at me and said “sir you cannot tour the Haven, it is not for ordinary people”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

This thread reminds me of an encounter I had with a guest services agent some years ago on NCL. I politely asked if there was any way we could tour the Haven, as we had never stayed there. She looked at me and said “sir you cannot tour the Haven, it is not for ordinary people”.

I’ve seen tours of the YC, I don’t have a problem with that, it’s the people that feel they are entitled to go in the YC because their “friends” are in YC!

• Like 2

On 11/3/2023 at 9:25 PM, Seadweller001 said:

No they do not... The Butlers/servers have tablets that show each YC members picture.

• Like 1