Confirmed: More MDR choices, some new MDR food items, no quality improvement or other food changes outside of the MDR

NutsAboutGolf

2 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Please post all the “more official” info you have

You obviously didn't get the gist of my post.  They aren't going to get into the weeds on everything they are doing re food etc with someone in a text message... 

Now you can continue to pound this subject into the ground.  Maybe start another thread?  Carry on.  

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Highly doubt you will see any company, very rare occasions, ohh our product  sucks and need to improve the quality.  That if anything will be done in background and watch feedback on.  More Choices and options yes they will announce, or in this case going back to what they had in past. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, PTC DAWG said:

You obviously didn't get the gist of my post.  They aren't going to get into the weeds on everything they are doing re food etc with someone in a text message... 

Now you can continue to pound this subject into the ground.  Maybe start another thread?  Carry on.  

This is their official social media, they have always been accurate and I use them quite often as they often reach out to the proper POCs.  I doubt I was even the first to ask them this

In my understanding, it is going to take a while to implement these changes on ALL ships. Not each ship is going to be re-provisioned at the same time, some much longer based on the length of their cruise. Now as far as food quality, we will have to see as time goes on.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

In my understanding, it is going to take a while to implement these changes on ALL ships. Not each ship is going to be re-provisioned at the same time, some much longer based on the length of their cruise. Now as far as food quality, we will have to see as time goes on.

They said in the video by the end of November then later said Thanksgiving which is very early this year.  The new dishes simply might utilize the existing ingredients which simply means they just need to order more of some items and less of others

1 hour ago, mom says said:

Oh for heavens sake. How about you wait until the proposed changes have been made before dumping all over them? Maybe even try them before pronouncing judgement?

My statement was nothing more than a FYI, I didn't "dump" or "judge" them, I intentionally left out my opinion which I'll happy share with you if you ask me nicely 🙃

Having worked 40 years in the F&B industry, trust me no entity will ever admit to a low quality product.

The most you will hear will be to the effect of “sorry you didn’t care for the presentation of this dish” or “would you care for something different”.

Or in Celebrity’s case specifically, “we will be reimplementing prior menus and adding more choices”.

And if old favorites are coming back I’d give them the benefit of the doubt that they will be prepared with the original recipes, otherwise what’s the point?

• Like 4

Hmmm...."We are committed to providing our guests with the highest level of service and QUALITY" So are we really going to get 45 day dry aged steaks? USDA prime at least? Average run of the mill USDA choice? Lowest retail grade of Select? Or are they going to source from the lowest cost meat that can be legally sold in the US for human consumption (Standard or commercial grades)? If they are not providing Prime for any of their upcharges or choice for the MDR, you might as well sail on carnival.

4 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

They said in the video by the end of November then later said Thanksgiving which is very early this year.  The new dishes simply might utilize the existing ingredients which simply means they just need to order more of some items and less of others

Nobody knows, and pointless to speculate.   I am on the Nov 20th Silhouette 10 day so I'm in that time frame.  Not as simple to change it one day and then expect the suppliers to be able to have the new provisions needed.  This will take time to move along and get the supply companies up and running.  I can see maybe the Port Everglades being able to maybe get up and running quicker than European and Australian embarkation ports.   But this now is wait and see what transpires.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Having worked 40 years in the F&B industry, trust me no entity will ever admit to a low quality product.

The most you will hear will be to the effect of “sorry you didn’t care for the presentation of this dish” or “would you care for something different”.

Or in Celebrity’s case specifically, “we will be reimplementing prior menus and adding more choices”.

And if old favorites are coming back I’d give them the benefit of the doubt that they will be prepared with the original recipes, otherwise what’s the point?

I believe all the food items were still available just not every night for free.  The chocolate cake was offered for dessert in the MDR at least once per sailing but if you're willing pay for the room service charge you could get it any night.  If they were going to improve the food quality they could say a variety of statements that wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot.  Along the lines of:  "We listened and are trying out new recipes" or "We made some tweaks to the current dishes".  X loves to brag which I don't have a problem with if that's accurate but they claim they have the world's best photographers, "the best entertainment at sea" and their MDR menus are crafted by Michelin-starred chefs despite in their last menu addition, the double cheeseburger for dinner

13 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

Hmmm...."We are committed to providing our guests with the highest level of service and QUALITY" So are we really going to get 45 day dry aged steaks? USDA prime at least? Average run of the mill USDA choice? Lowest retail grade of Select? Or are they going to source from the lowest cost meat that can be legally sold in the US for human consumption (Standard or commercial grades)? If they are not providing Prime for any of their upcharges or choice for the MDR, you might as well sail on carnival.

A very respected CC member said they were told by the retreat manager in early 2023 that X changed to a cheaper beef supplier which is utilized for all restaurants except for specialties

1 minute ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

I don't think this is indicative of anything and it sure doesn't seem like an "official" answer.  Seems like a standardized response.  I highly doubt they're providing the social team with information about what quality of meats they're purchasing. 

It's somewhat surprising to me that folks don't believe X's official X/Twitter account as I have used (and highly recommend) them many times and they have always been accurate as they actually have a POC in all depts and ships.  They have confirmed all sorts of things despite their call centers saying the exact opposite.  Things like cutbacks answered visa questions, answered the overnight tender schedule, if at embarkation port XYZ, can you board the ship and get back off.  They gave the standard canned response because there are no changes to the recipes/quality, they are reverting back to 2022 menus and are adding some new food items

8 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

It's somewhat surprising to me that folks don't believe X's official X/Twitter account as I have used (and highly recommend) them many times and they have always been accurate as they actually have a POC in all depts and ships.  They have confirmed all sorts of things despite their call centers saying the exact opposite.  Things like cutbacks answered visa questions, answered the overnight tender schedule, if at embarkation port XYZ, can you board the ship and get back off.  They gave the standard canned response because there are no changes to the recipes/quality, they are reverting back to 2022 menus and are adding some new food items

It's not that I don't believe X's official accounts, but this just seems like an awfully specific question to expect the social team to have an accurate answer to.

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Please post all the “more official” info you have

38 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

A very respected CC member said they were told by the retreat manager in early 2023 that X changed to a cheaper beef supplier which is utilized for all restaurants except for specialties

We just completed an 8 day cruise on Equinox. The food quality across the board with the exception of TG was average or below. Service in MDR was average and hurried. Food in OVC was good at breakfast but lunch and dinner was average to horrible. I don’t think we will book X again. Just my opinion. Others may feel differently. 

41 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I didn't remember that, thank you.

2 hours ago, bikerunner said:

Nobody knows, and pointless to speculate.   I am on the Nov 20th Silhouette 10 day so I'm in that time frame.  Not as simple to change it one day and then expect the suppliers to be able to have the new provisions needed.  This will take time to move along and get the supply companies up and running.  I can see maybe the Port Everglades being able to maybe get up and running quicker than European and Australian embarkation ports.   But this now is wait and see what transpires.  

That is my thinking as well, it will take time. I hope you see some of the 'positive' changes on your Silhouette trip. We sail her in January and are looking forward to our first cruise in four years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I definitely believe that....beef in Luminae in April was lousy.

What’s it like to eat lunch at the MDR (Eclipse)?  Is it 1 hr or 2?  I’m in Aqua and am considering the MDR if we get back early enough.  App says lunch is 12-1:30pm.  Is 1:30 the last seating or do you have to get in so many minutes early?