Pillows, liquids and towels, oh my

Librarymaven

First time cruising on Carnival and going with a complete cruise newbie. We will be on the Liberty on November 13. My newbie sister has asked me questions which I can't answer so I hope someone here can help.

1. Can you ask your stateroom attendant for extra pillows?  Sister likes to sleep propped up and one by her side.

2. She has really low sodium so she uses an unflavored electrolyte liquid in her water. Instead of bringing a big bottle, I told her to put some in an bottle that has an eyedropper. She is worried about bringing a small unmarked container in her purse through security. Will this be an issue?

3. Do they have towels to use out by the pools or do we need to bring our own?

4. Do we tender at Princess Cays or does it dock?

Thank you and fair seas to all

Trixie

5 minutes ago, Librarymaven said:

First time cruising on Carnival and going with a complete cruise newbie. We will be on the Liberty on November 13. My newbie sister has asked me questions which I can't answer so I hope someone here can help.

1. Can you ask your stateroom attendant for extra pillows?  Sister likes to sleep propped up and one by her side. Yes you can ask for more pillows.

2. She has really low sodium so she uses an unflavored electrolyte liquid in her water. Instead of bringing a big bottle, I told her to put some in an bottle that has an eyedropper. She is worried about bringing a small unmarked container in her purse through security. Will this be an issue? Shouldn't be, we bring supplements in bottles and in "pill" containers that are not marked and never had a problem. 

3. Do they have towels to use out by the pools or do we need to bring our own? The cruise lines we have been on including Carnival always have towels at the pool side and places to dump them when you are done using them. 

4. Do we tender at Princess Cays or does it dock? This one I can't answer.

Trixie

If you aren't flying why not bring the big bottle of electrolyte (I'm not sure how big we are talking of course)? It's not a prohibited thing and is medical in nature. I would put it in my carry on so security could look at it. In any event bringing a small bottle of it likely wouldn't get any notice.

Also, you can take the beach towels off the ship in port if you'd like. Just make sure you bring them back so you don't get charged. (They usually have a towel exchange by the gangway to drop off the dirty one and pick up a clean one. You can also exchange your dirty towel at the towel exchange on the pool deck.) 

Edited by sparks1093
  • Like 1

They're really only looking for drugs weapons and alcohol at the pier, so you can bring on anything that isn't expressly prohibited on Carnival's website.

Whether or not you can fly with it, assuming you're flying to your cruise, is another matter obviously!

Edited by mz-s

The electrolytes will depend on the container. You are not allowed to bring on any drinks that are in plastic or glass, but a dropper should be fine. (They will take away water in any size container, pop in a bottle, etc. so it is best not to chance it.) There are a few other options she can pick up to ensure they get through: Hydration Drops (my friend swears by Buoy) or powdered electrolytes like Liquid IV. Maybe even a mix of a few things so she can carry some around in a purse/pocket and have some in the room. 

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 3

1. Can you ask your stateroom attendant for extra pillows?  Sister likes to sleep propped up and one by her side.

We usually ask our steward for extra pillows and have always gotten them.

2. She has really low sodium so she uses an unflavored electrolyte liquid in her water. Instead of bringing a big bottle, I told her to put some in an bottle that has an eyedropper. She is worried about bringing a small unmarked container in her purse through security. Will this be an issue?

Probably not, though she may be asked to explain what it is, I have never been questions about any items in my bag

3. Do they have towels to use out by the pools or do we need to bring our own?

No need to bring towels; there are towel stations on pool decks

4. Do we tender at Princess Cays or does it dock?

Tender Port

Trixie

I’ve never heard of someone other than myself having low sodium. TBH I actually laughed when I was told the results of the blood work…I salt anchovy pizza. Who knew I should be doing something? Thank-you, I’ll look into this.

On 11/2/2023 at 7:19 PM, shof515 said:

1. yes

2. you should be fine with the small bottle

3. they are pools towels you can use, they are in your room and if you need more towels, there is a towel station by the pool

4. tender

The cabin has pumps of shampoo and body gel, and a bar soap. however may need to bring own hair conditioner if you need it. Besides asking for pillows, we have asked for an extra blanket - most cruises bring the velour one from movies, once a king size. 
If first cruise- bring a handled commuter cup, much easier to carry than small drink cups or mug they provide, and can get beverage, put on table then go get food in buffet. Just be health conscious and fill your personal cup with one of theirs.