TA on NOVA......Lisbon to NYC.........

Lois R

Amen to that.  Insofar as readers may be interested about how people are interpreting Elegant Casual, it was elegant casual last night and much the majority of men at the Salt Bar were wearing jacket with no tie.  The others had long sleeved collared shirts, and there were a few jacket and tie too.  Ladies were wearing either country club chic (draped or fitted trousers with sweater or blouse and scarf or blazer) or smart dresses.  Incidentally,  a big surprise has been the weather.   Although we are crossing the Atlantic in mid November,  the Temps have been around 70F or 20C all day... very pleasant.  The Marquee (Griile and Spaccanapoli) have been well attended.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Last night I dined with the HD and the Future Cruise Consultant in Terrazza.  Food and service were both excellent.  Tonight I am doing the "Chef's Table" and will make sure to post about the experience.   The show last night was very good again. It was more or less a tribute to James Bond with some other "Rat Pack" tunes mixed in as well. 

Great to hear that the food and service has been excellent.  Love James Bond, Rat Pack, etc. music and entertainment.  Nice reporting and sharing!!  When handy, would love more background on the speakers for this T-A.  

Won't get into or waste any time to worry about the "formal" dress-code debate.  I'm more of a "live and let live" viewpoint/philosophy that does not get hung up as to these type of "worries" and "discussions".  

Most important to me is about the Bulgari products.  As we prepare for our Feb. 2024 Silver Moon sailing, are all of the Silversea ships now switched over to these "pumps" and bottles on the walls?  I especially love the round, green soap.  From Lois on Nova and/or from others recently on other Silversea ships, what is now being offered and available?  Are the Bulgari products there?  Only a little, if lucky, etc.??

image.thumb.jpeg.69af84557bf9cca3ef3eb594c92055ea.jpeg

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Great to hear that the food and service has been excellent.  Love James Bond, Rat Pack, etc. music and entertainment.  Nice reporting and sharing!!  When handy, would love more background on the speakers for this T-A.  

Won't get into or waste any time to worry about the "formal" dress-code debate.  I'm more of a "live and let live" viewpoint/philosophy that does not get hung up as to these type of "worries" and "discussions".  

Most important to me is about the Bulgari products.  As we prepare for our Feb. 2024 Silver Moon sailing, are all of the Silversea ships now switched over to these "pumps" and bottles on the walls?  I especially love the round, green soap.  From Lois on Nova and/or from others recently on other Silversea ships, what is now being offered and available?  Are the Bulgari products there?  Only a little, if lucky, etc.??

image.thumb.jpeg.69af84557bf9cca3ef3eb594c92055ea.jpeg

Hi Terry, I can ask. I am happy with the product they are using now. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Terry, I can ask. I am happy with the product they are using now. 

Appreciate this follow-up by Lois and your checking more.  Don't be shy as to the other very experienced Silversea veterans who have recently been on the SS ships.  Love to know more as to what and whether or not the Bulgari products are available and offered these days.  

I also don't worry about what others choose to wear for evening dress.  I like to dress-up and try to go elegant casual with silk trousers and top every evening, but on formal nights I will opt for a dress.  We are (reluctantly) on the Celebrity Eclipse next August, and recent reports from that ship of shorts, muscle shirts, sandals, etc. in the dining room at dinner time is quite shocking.  But again, each to their own.  

Loving the observations, dining reviews, and photos.  Thank you!

Edited by FengShui@Sea
  • Like 4

I also don't worry about what others choose to wear for evening dress.  I like to dress-up and try to go elegant casual with silk trousers and top every evening, but on formal nights I will pull out a dress.  We are (reluctantly) on the Celebrity Eclipse next August, and recent reports from that ship of shorts, muscle shirts, etc. in the dining room is quite shocking.  But again, each to their own.  

Loving the observations, dining reviews, and photos.  Thank you!

Transocean cruises traditionally have a lot of activities and this cruise does not disappoint.  Here are Today's Activities (two pages) copied from the tablet computer.  You can also ask to have it printed and delivered (I see it in some mailboxes when I go to breakfast)20231112_040334.thumb.jpg.ef8027f84f729bbf6b6bc9cdf10db69c.jpg

20231112_040345.jpg

• Like 1

Hi again, I went to The Chef's Table last night and give it a big Thumbs UP🙂. We hada nice group and I have to say I loved most every dish. 11 courses all Tapas size. With a white and red wine. I am glad I went. I have some photos of the various dishes. I will post them in a bit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2