TA on NOVA......Lisbon to NYC.........

Lois R

OMG I hate hate hate front to back hanging rails, you have to pull the front stuff off to get at the back stuff.

Don't like the look of this closet at all.

Don't want to have to nearly crawl on the floor to get stuff out of the drawers, and def. don't want to have the alternative being to leave everything on display on the shelves.

Sigh ...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jollyjones said:

OMG I hate hate hate front to back hanging rails, you have to pull the front stuff off to get at the back stuff.

Don't like the look of this closet at all.

Don't want to have to nearly crawl on the floor to get stuff out of the drawers, and def. don't want to have the alternative being to leave everything on display on the shelves.

Sigh ...

You can close the door to the closet.

9 minutes ago, Lois R said:

You can close the door to the closet.

Hi Lois,

That's not the point. I'm lazy, I like to keep all doors open all the while as I do at home (I live and cruise solo) and I ought to be able to do that and still see a tidy closet with everything neatly put away in the drawers.

Having so much storage on open shelves seems a faulty design decision on a ship that might meet rough weather.

PS But thanks for posting the pix!

Edited by jollyjones

1 minute ago, jollyjones said:

Hi Lois,

That's not the point. I'm lazy, I like to keep all doors open all the while as I do at home (I live and cruise solo) and I ought to be able to do that and still see a tidy closet with everything neatly put away in the drawers.

Having so much storage on open shelves seems a faulty design decision on a ship that might meet rough weather.

I live and sail solo too. I was just making a suggestion.

I forgot a couple of things.......I want to mention the entertainment. I have seen 2 shows and personally, I think the singers and dancers are terrific. The show last night was  very high energy and got a standing O at the conclusion. There are now 9 cast members and a full band as their back up. Last night was all about Broadway and it was one of best versions of "Somewhere" I have heard in a long, long time. 

• Like 5

Yikes again as to the closet with the tabletop in a bad location. Being height challenged i could not use the top hanging area, but fortunately dr spins could reach it easily. I agree with JJ, having to peer through all stuff hanging in that cubbie (like in kindergarten) is not ideal. 

Wow to the laundry room! Very industrial. 

Thanks for reporting. 

Those open shelves just might be because people complain about banging drawers in next door suites - they have now got some on  Seabourn and this was given to me as the reason.  May be true, certainly we have suffered in the past from thoughtless people banging drawers shut at midnight or 6 a.m. 

4 hours ago, jollyjones said:

Hi Lois,

PS But thanks for posting the pix!

Someone on another site brought along small pop-up storage bins, which seemed to work well for the open shelves.   There is also storage behind the doors next to the vanity table; smaller shelves but definitely an option to keep some items hidden.  

I never used the open shelves and had plenty of storage, but (big but), that was as a solo traveler on an 8 day voyage.  Definitely think that the new closet design in veranda suites could cause challenges for couples on a longer voyage. 

Hi Dawn, I have more than enough space actually. But the sq footage and design of the closet for this cabin category is definitely smaller than onxthe other ships.

39 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Dawn, I have more than enough space actually. But the sq footage and design of the closet for this cabin category is definitely smaller than onxthe other ships.

We noticed that with the smaller hall closet included, we had tons of storage space for two people on a 11 day cruise.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Is there a bar of soap or just those pump things?

It was just the pump things when were on board.  We always bring our own (bar) soap, though, because of my fragrance allergy.

17 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

It was just the pump things when were on board.  We always bring our own (bar) soap, though, because of my fragrance allergy.

I bring my own soap as well but i really detest the pump things for shampoo or conditioner or body wash. I guess the refillable pumps save on plastic and pax filling their suitcases with fragranced soaps, etc.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

I bring my own soap as well but i really detest the pump things for shampoo or conditioner or body wash. I guess the refillable pumps save on plastic and pax filling their suitcases with fragranced soaps, etc.  

I don't mind the pumps, but we need a pump designer to take a cruise and try to live with the short spouts they put on them.  I guess they need the spout to stay within the diameter of the bottle to fit on the shelves in CVS, but they need a different design with a longer spout for ships and hotels with wall-mounted holders so the shampoo comes out on your hand...

Maybe I can find a replacement siphon/spout on amazon and pack that instead of bringing my own shampoo.  

• Like 1