TA on NOVA......Lisbon to NYC.........

Lois R

Not sure what happened to my previous post? I took a cab from the hotel to the ship instead of going on the bus. I was at the check in counter at noon and was on board about 5 minutes later.

She is beautiful, albeit exploring her will take a few days. Definitely a different deck plan.

I have seen several familiar faces which is always nice 🙂

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Not sure what happened to my previous post? I took a cab from the hotel to the ship instead of going on the bus. I was at the check in counter at noon and was on board about 5 minutes later.

She is beautiful, albeit exploring her will take a few days. Definitely a different deck plan.

It was in the other thread (boarding time question).  Glad it went smoothly and quickly!

How was the Tivoli?

28 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I'm glad to hear that travel went so smoothly!

Don't miss the Dusk Bar.  We were there when a lady came by with a rather wonderous look on her face.  "I've been on this ship three weeks and didn't know this was here!" 🤣

1 hour ago, canderson said:

It was in the other thread (boarding time question).  Glad it went smoothly and quickly!

How was the Tivoli?

Thanks, I thought I had lost my mind lol

The hotel was fine. Bed was very comfy and the breakfast had a BIG variety. Decor was fine. Nothing that blew me away but overall nice.

• Like 1

Ok, one night now done......first impressions. She is a beautful vessel but a couple of negatives for me. The Arts Cafe. I miss the coziness and intimacy of this venue that Moon and Dawn provide. The open space and "busy" atmosphere just seem too much. And I miss no outside seating.

And I think having the reception area right there on top of the Cafe just seems strange. The space seems very weird.....no longer personalized.

Those are a couple of things that have stood out to me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Ok, one night now done......first impressions. She is a beautful vessel but a couple of negatives for me. The Arts Cafe. I miss the coziness and intimacy of this venue that Moon and Dawn provide. The open space and "busy" atmosphere just seem too much. And I miss no outside seating.

And I think having the reception area right there on top of the Cafe just seems strange. The space seems very weird.....no longer personalized.

Those are a couple of things that have stood out to me.

It rather reminded me of a hotel lobby with a busy Starbucks now (even more so  when they close the Arts Cafe at 6 pm). 

Enjoying hearing about the ship, but for us it is a definite no, as arts cafe is our favourite place particularly when you are able to sit outside.    I do not understand why they have done this, as report after report on the other ships nearly always say they love the arts cafe.  It is a big loss.   Also do not know why they are closing at 6 pm.  It was great sitting in there in the evening with an irish coffee and the lovely chocolates and listening to the jazz next door in silver note.

Oh, I am so looking forward to the Moon on 10th December

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

It rather reminded me of a hotel lobby with a busy Starbucks now (even more so  when they close the Arts Cafe at 6 pm). 

5 hours ago, mancunian said:

Enjoying hearing about the ship, but for us it is a definite no, as arts cafe is our favourite place particularly when you are able to sit outside.    I do not understand why they have done this, as report after report on the other ships nearly always say they love the arts cafe.  It is a big loss.   Also do not know why they are closing at 6 pm.  It was great sitting in there in the evening with an irish coffee and the lovely chocolates and listening to the jazz next door in silver note.

Oh, I am so looking forward to the Moon on 10th December

And why does it close so early, it was nice to get coffee later in the evening.

• Like 3

Good morning, catching up. Last night I dined with 4 other guests and the CD in Terrazza. Food was quite good. It was formal night, or as posted "Formal Optional". I saw a variety of attire.

The first evening I ate with 2 other solo gals in Atlantide and not sure what is going on but the service was very slow.........

There are over 90 solo guests on board. And I have met some nice folks from the roll call. Tonight 3 of us are going to Salt. Will let you how that meal goes.

My cabin is a classic balcony on deck 9. I have a large walk in shower and like it a lot.

The bed is very comfy. Closet is way different than the other ships. I have plenty of space but the actual space is much smaller with a weird set up. 4 open shelves and then drawers underneath with the top drawer holding the safe. There are 3 rods for hanging clothes. The best way to explain is to take a photo so will do that later.

Suffice to say one is too high for me to reach and I had to ask my butler to get the hangars down for me.

I do LOVE the vanity area with the mirror and seat which is across from the bathroom. 

These are just a few of my thoughts so far. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1