TA on NOVA......Lisbon to NYC.........

Lois R

Hello folks, this will be my first Crossing ever and definitely looking forward to it! Flying out tomorrow and arriving in Lisbon on Monday and we sail on Tuesday.

I will check in on here and if I can help with answers will try my best. I am on deck 9 so will let you know how that is too. From what a few folks have posted on

the roll call, over 500 people are on the ship now and they are staying on for the crossing. Anyway, I am excited to try this new ship!😃

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hello folks, this will be my first Crossing ever and definitely looking forward to it! Flying out tomorrow and arriving in Lisbon on Monday and we sail on Tuesday.

I will check in on here and if I can help with answers will try my best. I am on deck 9 so will let you know how that is too. From what a few folks have posted on

the roll call, over 500 people are on the ship now and they are staying on for the crossing. Anyway, I am excited to try this new ship!😃

there are 700+ on board now.  81 are staying on for the crossing and there will be around 500 total for the crossing.

We will also be on 9 moving from 7.  The ship will arrive in Lisbon some time on the 6th so don’t be surprised if you see it.  The Captain announced that we will have slightly rough weather tonight and rough weather tomorrow evening.

looking forward to meeting everyone.

We must be on the same wavelength, Lois. I was just thinking about you about the time you posted this (as well as how I never posted my review)!

May you have an absolutely wonderful trip!  Nova is fantastic!

FWIW, we were on 8, roughly mid-ship, and we loved it.  I can't speak for open Atlantic, but Nova may very well be the most stable ship we've ever sailed on.

Say Hi to Aldo, Aurora, Giuseppe, Toni, and Chef Erin for us!

7 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

there are 700+ on board now.  81 are staying on for the crossing and there will be around 500 total for the crossing.

We will also be on 9 moving from 7.  The ship will arrive in Lisbon some time on the 6th so don’t be surprised if you see it.  The Captain announced that we will have slightly rough weather tonight and rough weather tomorrow evening.

looking forward to meeting everyone.

Hi, thanks for the correction. I must have misunderstood the post I was reading. I thought it said over 500 were staying on board! It is 81? Sounds reasonable.

See you Tuesday🙂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

We must be on the same wavelength, Lois. I was just thinking about you about the time you posted this (as well as how I never posted my review)!

May you have an absolutely wonderful trip!  Nova is fantastic!

FWIW, we were on 8, roughly mid-ship, and we loved it.  I can't speak for open Atlantic, but Nova may very well be the most stable ship we've ever sailed on.

Say Hi to Aldo, Aurora, Giuseppe, Toni, and Chef Erin for us!

Hey Doak, looking forward to exploring it and having lots of sea days to do it too.🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

I will check in on here and if I can help with answers will try my best.

The hardest thing to answer will be to your friends when you return.  They'll ask what you did to avoid boredom on all of those "days at sea", and you'll have to explain that you don't really remember it all, but that you wish there had been even more of them!  It's not quite as easy for people who don't know how to just "chill" for a few days, but for those that do, it can be a real blessing.  Hope you enjoy it, whichever way you lean.

We'll be behind you just a couple of weeks from Lisbon to FLL on Dawn, and looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to hearing your experience. We love TAs. We use them more for transportation after travel then as stand alone trips, who knows what the future will bring. 

We are on Deck 9 in January so, I am particularly interested in how that goes. 

Bon Voyage

Good morning, I am at the airport having a good cup of Joe from a local restaurant that opened up here in the concourse. A fresh blueberry muffin to go with it. My flight leaves at 11:10, arriving at JFK at 1:30. My long haul flight is on Swiss Air and leaves at 4:30. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, I am at the airport having a good cup of Joe from a local restaurant that opened up here in the concourse. A fresh blueberry muffin to go with it. My flight leaves at 11:10, arriving at JFK at 1:30. My long haul flight is on Swiss Air and leaves at 4:30. 

Good luck, Lois, with your flights and safe travels.  Look forward to hearing about this ship and how thing go with the trans-Atlantic sailing.  We've never done a T-A.  As we are more focused on port itineraries, look forward to read all of the details, about speakers, special offerings, etc., provided during these many sea-days.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

• Like 1

Hi from JFK.......Dawn, they changed the process on getting from the Jet Blue Terminal to The Swiss Air. No busses were outside of baggage claim. I had to go up to the Air Train(long walk) and take it to Terminal 8. Then get off the train and pick up that bus outside of Terminal 8. Board the bus and the driver makes that 7 minute drive to Terminal 1. Nothing around JFK is easy.

Got checked in at the Swiss Air counter and just finished a nice mid day meal in the Lounge. Spring mix with tomatoes and cukes. A bit of butternut squash salad and some excellent egg salad too.

My flight from Jax ended up being 1 hour late but he was at the gate on time. Arrived here at 2:00.

My long haul flight is scheduled to depart at 4:25.

• Like 1

JFK is definitely not up to snuff as an International gateway. Anyway, the hard part is just about over for you. A little rougher tonight, but we kind of like the creaking. The Captain expects to be dockside at 7 AM.  Tonight’s Motown show was canceled until tomorrow.

I hope your flight is a good one . Get started on that relaxation mode ! 

Good morning from Zurich. The Swiss Air flight was very good. The flight attendants were fabulous🙂

It is about 6:50am here and the gate for my flight will not be posted until 8:10. There are people who are running down the concourse so I guess they are cutting it close to their connection. Glad it is not me.

• Like 5

I just found the Swiss Air Lounge🙂 so am waiting here. Not hungry because I ate breakfast on the plane but that does not matter. Having juice and it is really nice in here. Much better than sitting on a bench in the concourse.

• Like 2