Saint Greg's Regal Princess - Live - November 12, 2023

Saint Greg

I will be back around here to finish posting my videos. I am done cruising for the year but in February i almost have a side to side with the new Carnival Jubilee and Carnival Spirit just 6 days apart. I will post a link here if you guys want to check it out. So stay subscribed if you what notifications on that.

Princess…six letters. FCC with OBC.

• Like 17

50 minutes ago, caribill said:

Please post next week if you have the same long disembarkation line as today.

A friend that was on the 11-5 sailing it took them 2 hours from ship to car. She heard facial recognition was gone unlike last spring when I sailed, it was like 15 minutes, and you are out of here. Something is amiss.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Now that I’m out of the room I can tell you my least favorite thing about this ship

Your name is on the door. Full name. Entire cruise. I can walk down the hallway and read all the names. In fact there’s a chance one of our marketing people is on the ship.

IMG_7980.thumb.jpeg.adbacf8a92b882f8f797f3de1bb541c1.jpeg

You can go to Guest Services and ask for them to remove your name from the tablet at the door.  Fairly easy for them to do that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, CC Rider 69 said:

A friend that was on the 11-5 sailing it took them 2 hours from ship to car. She heard facial recognition was gone unlike last spring when I sailed, it was like 15 minutes, and you are out of here. Something is amiss.

That’s worse than me. I left the ship 8:30 and was in my car by 10.

11 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Nice to hear there will be a next time!  🙂

Well I planned on doing Alaska with Princess. That would probably be 2025 or 2026. I already have four next year with carnival. But once the football schedule drops I’ll be looking for a fall/winter cruise. Regal will be in Galveston again and could be in the running. I’ve been looking at the Princess Alaska cruises for 2025. But the prices have to come down before I book. Unless I got an FCC…better yet an FCC with OBC.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Now that I’m out of the room I can tell you my least favorite thing about this ship

Your name is on the door. Full name. Entire cruise. I can walk down the hallway and read all the names. In fact there’s a chance one of our marketing people is on the ship.

IMG_7980.thumb.jpeg.adbacf8a92b882f8f797f3de1bb541c1.jpeg

From Cruiseypop, on their Discovery Princess Live thread yesterday:

They upgraded the medallion door screen this morning.  New fresh look and they no longer display last name, just initial.  I previously saw a lot of complaints on this privacy issue, so Princess listens!!”

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Mike & Zen said:

From Cruiseypop, on their Discovery Princess Live thread yesterday:

They upgraded the medallion door screen this morning.  New fresh look and they no longer display last name, just initial.  I previously saw a lot of complaints on this privacy issue, so Princess listens!!”

Courtesy of Cruiseypop:

image.jpeg.87508a4ae93a75aefb6d69c42a154765.jpeg

• Like 11

20 minutes ago, Mike & Zen said:

Courtesy of Cruiseypop:

image.jpeg.87508a4ae93a75aefb6d69c42a154765.jpeg

That’s how it was looking when I left. I didn’t know if that’s just something they did on debarkation day or what. But all week it was full names. I still don’t like names at all on it. But that’s better than the full name.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, AKR2011 said:

Great review! Wishing you safe travels home. So...NCL or Princess? I'm looking forward to your final thoughts and comparison. 

Probably Princess with the exception of MDR, drink limit, NCL’s $50 off excursions…maybe coffee. NCL doesn’t have that butter pecan but their Starbucks never had a line and they have the 20oz cups. Oh NCL for their biodegradable straws over the paper ones.

• Like 6

Great review as always, glad that  trying new lines seems to have  been successful. I considered Princess for Alaska previously but ended up changing my mind. Glad to see this review because while it was a beautiful ship with lots to do and that comfy bed it gave me a Royal Caribbean vibe, seemed like an older crowd and the food pics didn't really appeal to me. I know not much to judge a cruise line for but RC is my least favorite of the lines I have cruised.

Guess I will just focus on Carnival and NCL until MSC makes it's way to Galveston😁 Can't wait for the Jubilee review since Celebration was my favorite ship/cruise so far.

• Like 3