Live - Harmony of the Seas - Nov 5, 2023

Rewind

I haven't read all of the posts and I'll be on Harmony on December 3.  Does the WJ have a made to order omelet/egg station. 

Also, this will be my first sailing from Galveston and wondering how the traffic is from the airport.    

16 hours ago, Rewind said:

Aqua Theater seating - 

4th row center is reserved for Star Class suites.

Rows 5 through 9 center are being held for those who purchased the Key.

They did start seating those with reservations 45 minutes before showtime.

PXL_20231107_031506863.thumb.jpg.4fad0fbcb8a66496ed1aa017c9a81619.jpg

Also, first three rows are in the splash zone and pool towels have been preset for those attending.

On Oasis there were some 4 rows in the center reserved for Suite, Pinns, D+ and Key.  Tried to get my kids who were diamonds and were not allowed.   The same group had the first 1-7 rows reserved for the Ice Show.

We watched a bit of the Sexiest Man contest from our balcony before we got ready for our afternoon show.

PXL_20231107_194341449.thumb.jpg.3a86048a333773bfa216d866d30f11ca.jpg

PXL_20231107_194351203.thumb.jpg.21d92097f24793aeac6a4a7d36cc4d8d.jpg

Then we did see the Stowaway Piano Player as we passed by.

PXL_20231107_202924526.thumb.jpg.7a64d5acf504b493b3d45c92a24cad3e.jpg

Now it's just about showtime.

PXL_20231107_204000086.thumb.jpg.a3956cd28fc3cd67cbee734ab08fee62.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

I haven't read all of the posts and I'll be on Harmony on December 3.  Does the WJ have a made to order omelet/egg station. 

Also, this will be my first sailing from Galveston and wondering how the traffic is from the airport.    

Galveston is our homeport and we always drive in the morning of the cruise (3.5 hrs). Not sure which airport you will be coming from but Hobby is about 45 mins away and we hardly ever run into traffic jams on I45, and we hit that area around 1130 am (we normally do 1230-1 check in). Only time we hit slower than normal on I45 is during the summer on a Sat at that time. Sorry, I have no idea what traffic is comimg from the other airport (IAH)

Enjoy your cruise & Galveston! 🍹

Just got out of the last performance of Columbus and it was great.  It was actually the last performance of this cast after a 10 month run.  The new cast is already onboard and will take over next week.

I don't want to ruin it for anyone, but this was the best performance of flying sharks and dancing cheeseburgers I have ever seen.  Don't miss this show!

PXL_20231107_215711602.thumb.jpg.c0da2de762274dd471e6314869687f20.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, CruisinMama2003 said:

Galveston is our homeport and we always drive in the morning of the cruise (3.5 hrs). Not sure which airport you will be coming from but Hobby is about 45 mins away and we hardly ever run into traffic jams on I45, and we hit that area around 1130 am (we normally do 1230-1 check in). Only time we hit slower than normal on I45 is during the summer on a Sat at that time. Sorry, I have no idea what traffic is comimg from the other airport (IAH)

Enjoy your cruise & Galveston! 🍹

Sorry, Bush Intl. 

7 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Sorry, Bush Intl. 

Its pretty hard to predict traffic. A accident can happen any time and houston seems prone. IAH is north of downtown, about twice as far as hobby. I'd allow for hold ups. Downtown is always slow. 

OP columbus sounds interesting... dancing cheeseburgers lol

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Its pretty hard to predict traffic. A accident can happen any time and houston seems prone. IAH is north of downtown, about twice as far as hobby. I'd allow for hold ups. Downtown is always slow. 

OP columbus sounds interesting... dancing cheeseburgers lol

Thanks,

2 hours ago, Rewind said:

We watched a bit of the Sexiest Man contest from our balcony before we got ready for our afternoon show.

PXL_20231107_194341449.thumb.jpg.3a86048a333773bfa216d866d30f11ca.jpg

PXL_20231107_194351203.thumb.jpg.21d92097f24793aeac6a4a7d36cc4d8d.jpg

Then we did see the Stowaway Piano Player as we passed by.

PXL_20231107_202924526.thumb.jpg.7a64d5acf504b493b3d45c92a24cad3e.jpg

Now it's just about showtime.

PXL_20231107_204000086.thumb.jpg.a3956cd28fc3cd67cbee734ab08fee62.jpg

Never heard about stowaway piano player before, pretty cool 

On 11/5/2023 at 1:19 PM, travelchica915 said:

We will be on harmony in Feb so interested in following along! Curious when the shows are in the evening. We have MTD and I made reservations, but hoping the timing works out with the show times. Otherwise just want to see what you think of the ship. 

Do you have any excursions planned? 

I will be on from Feb 5-26, so excited!

• Like 1

On 11/5/2023 at 2:58 PM, Rewind said:

Correct - we are lowly Diamonds in a Boardwalk view.  First time in a Boardwalk and thought we would give it a try (and it was cheap).

We did have 6 bottles of water in our stateroom when we arrived.

Which part of the boardwalk are you in?  Is it noisy?

4 minutes ago, KyGirlHeather said:

Start at the beginning. He posted his cabin number? I might be wrong, seems like deck 9, 2nd to the end. He got a lot of noise night 1 from the football games. They turn everything off by 11 pm, but before then can be noisy.  He posted pics from his balcony you can see. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Start at the beginning. He posted his cabin number? I might be wrong, seems like deck 9, 2nd to the end. He got a lot of noise night 1 from the football games. They turn everything off by 11 pm, but before then can be noisy.  He posted pics from his balcony you can see. 

I'll check that out.  I'm a newbie on here.  Thank you.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, KyGirlHeather said:

Welcome to the thread.  Yes, deck 9, second from last cabin.  It's noisy if there is a show going on (or broadcast football games) but quiet enough the rest of the time.  We have been lazy these couple sea days and naps are easy to get in.  At night after things end, it is peacefully quiet.

• Like 1

Sitting on the balcony now (as we don't have any plans for this evening).  The show runners for the aqua show just announced that they are working with the navigational bridge to see if they can get on a more steady course to make the show safe for the performers.  

It isn't rocking bad, but you can see the pool's water sway back and forth.

As I'm typing this out, they made the announcement again - sounds like it is recorded.

• Like 2

We are still rocking a bit so they have pushed tonight's aqua show to the night we are in Cozumel.

Not sure if they mean both shows - if I'm still awake, I will let you know (or if I hear the show's music start up).

• Like 2

Thank you, @Rewind for a great review! I’m really enjoying following along with you. 

We don’t normally do Boardwalk Balconies, especially ones with that big ugly purple slide, but we’re doing one on Wonder next year since DH really loved the one we did on Oasis before she got amped and had that slide installed. Me, not so much, but I do think the cabin layout on the Wonder will be better. We almost booked the exact same cabin as you’re in now but really wanted the very last cabin so we’re on deck 11, same side as you. I’ve appreciated your pictures of your view and am hoping I’ll do better than I usually do at managing the zoom on my camera to make up for how high we’ll be.

We sailed Harmony last year, but they hadn’t restarted Columbus yet. I was disappointed that we didn’t get to see it. Now that you mentioned flying sharks 🦈 and flying cheeseburgers 🍔 you’ve got me hooked! I’m going to have to seriously think about booking another Harmony cruise! 😀 🛳️ 

• Like 1

Here is what deck 11 will be like - just below the control room (pic is of Port side - and sorry for the blue - that is the current lighting as they prep for the 10pm show):

PXL_20231108_033707034.thumb.jpg.f838fca98f99569ef8c48c661a8bbf00.jpg

I think both decks 8 and 11 look like the most unobstructed views.

I was trying to get a furthest back cabin but wasn't able to get one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1