Live - Harmony of the Seas - Nov 5, 2023

Rewind

On 11/14/2023 at 11:28 PM, JamesEM said:

ajavor29 - As for the Kummelwick sandwich, I agree with your assessment.  When I sailed on the Harmony the sandwich was bad, my thoughts were RCL is using a cheaper cut of meat and the server did not know what he was doing.

I was wondering if I'm just unlucky as my roast beef sandwiches havent been good. I thought maybe it was a bad time come later and the roast beef would be better but it hasnt been. I remember them being so much better. Maybe not fat free like george had but the beef just was better. I'll know soon lol. Crossing my fingers.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I was wondering if I'm just unlucky as my roast beef sandwiches havent been good. I thought maybe it was a bad time come later and the roast beef would be better but it hasnt been. I remember them being so much better. Maybe not fat free like george had but the beef just was better. I'll know soon lol. Crossing my fingers.

Ours on Symphony were well trimmed, thinly sliced delicious beef. If sometimes too rare, just for well done and the server will pull another piece from the warmer. 

Could someone refresh my memory?  What times will rooms be ready?  We have an early boarding time of 11AM.  If it's not until much later, we plan to check all bags rather than drag them around.  We are used to early drop-off on CCL, but we are only Emerald on RCCL - not sure if that matters??  Any info is appreciated, as I've slept since our last RCCL cruise.  😴

On 11/14/2023 at 9:42 AM, Rewind said:

We made it back without too much issue.  The one thing (totally our fault) is we got into a waiting Uber instead of calling our own (got charged Uber Black rates). 

We picked up a rental car in Houston to use for a few hours and went over to Nasa's Spaceport.  We have a ASTC membership with our local science museum so we got into Nasa for free.  We were there 9 year ago, before they had the Space Shuttle Independence and that was a cool area to walk through.  After getting through that section, it did start to get a bit crowded but it was still a good way to kill a couple hours.

From there we went to Rudy's for some BBQ that our expensive Uber driver recommended.  It was very tasty and the portions are decent for the sandwiches.  Then to kill a little bit more time, we checked out a Marshalls and Nordstrom Rack (we find decent deals at the ones near home so thought we would look). 

It was then back to the rental place to drop off the car, a shuttle ride to the airport, and then waiting for a while for our flight.  We fly Southwest and had pretty much middle boarding position (B33,34).  It was going to be a full flight and by the time we got into the plane, the only two seats together were at the back.  We picked the very last row on the port side and waited until boarding finished...  only to find out that nobody took the last seat on our side of the isle.  WIN!  We spread out with the only empty seat between us and were not crammed in for the 2.5 hour flight home.

That is where our trip ends.  Feel free to ask questions - I think I have to find a thread about hard scoop ice cream now as there was a question there.

So glad to hear the embarkation and debarkation were easy.  It was that way when we sailed the Allure last January and RCCL really has their act together.  Unlike our recent Regal Princess sailing where the process was horrendous.  They need to fix that quickly or people won't come back to Galveston to cruise.

My question to you is: Does RCCL allow you to use your drink package on day 1?  I know they limit the selections until you are out in International waters but I was wondering about the drink package rules.  Thanks!

On 11/5/2023 at 3:21 PM, Jimbo said:

Do a speed test inside the cabin with cabin door closed and then one with cabin door open.

Oh, that ugly slide..................ruining the aft view.

How do you perform the speed test? Where were you picking up the best reception?

On 11/5/2023 at 3:21 PM, Jimbo said:

Do a speed test inside the cabin with cabin door closed and then one with cabin door open.

Oh, that ugly slide..................ruining the aft view.

How do you perform the speed test? Where were you picking up the best reception?

• Like 1

Has anyone done the "Solarium Bistro at Night"  A la carte dinner?

This is the first time I have seen this listed on dining offerings. If you have tried it, can you please tell me how it works and the type of food that is available? Is this a Buffet style dinner/

Thank you.

1 hour ago, NRichard10 said:

Once connected to the internet, go to that website.  Then click 'Go'.  It will test ping/upload/download speeds.

You can do it from your home computer too.  Anywhere you have an internet connection.

8 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Once connected to the internet, go to that website.  Then click 'Go'.  It will test ping/upload/download speeds.

You can do it from your home computer too.  Anywhere you have an internet connection.

Thank You.

On 11/21/2023 at 11:51 AM, NRichard10 said:

I actually have the Speedtest app on my phone.  Just about the same as the website but easier to find.

Best reception - I never noticed an area on the ship where I did not have reception.  Windjammer, MDR (only when we were leaving), Studio B, Aqua Theater, Main Theater, our cabin, random chair at the back of deck 5 behind the aqua theater stage on the walking track - I had a good signal everywhere we went.

There was one time on a rainy night that we lost connection to the internet but I'm not too surprised by that.

On 11/20/2023 at 5:28 PM, fun_one said:

My question to you is: Does RCCL allow you to use your drink package on day 1?  I know they limit the selections until you are out in International waters but I was wondering about the drink package rules.  Thanks!

I'm not sure on drink packages, but diamond vouchers work as soon as you get on the ship.  I would assume drink packages are similar.

I did see in one of our pieces of paper we got that the diamond drink vouchers reset at 5am each day.

10 minutes ago, Rewind said:

I'm not sure on drink packages, but diamond vouchers work as soon as you get on the ship.  I would assume drink packages are similar.

I did see in one of our pieces of paper we got that the diamond drink vouchers reset at 5am each day.

Thank you for that!  I totally forgot about the Diamond vouchers!

On 11/21/2023 at 11:01 AM, NRichard10 said:

Has anyone done the "Solarium Bistro at Night"  A la carte dinner?

This is the first time I have seen this listed on dining offerings. If you have tried it, can you please tell me how it works and the type of food that is available? Is this a Buffet style dinner/

Thank you.

Oasis has it. I stopped in one night and thought some of the items a bit wierd and tasted too much like soy sauce. Watermelon with what tasted like soy sauce. Tha baklava for dessert was the best. Free to try.  Free is good to try stuff. Tabuli?  Greek Mediterranean food they said. 

And yes it was served buffet style on oasis. 

Edited by firefly333

On 11/14/2023 at 10:42 AM, Rewind said:

That is where our trip ends.  Feel free to ask questions - I think I have to find a thread about hard scoop ice cream now as there was a question there.

Thank you for your review, I found it very helpful.
We'll be on the Harmony next September. Did they have any silent discos? If so, do you know how many?

6 hours ago, hucifer said:

Thank you for your review, I found it very helpful.
We'll be on the Harmony next September. Did they have any silent discos? If so, do you know how many?

I know it was mentioned by the cruise director at least one night - I can't remember which night but I think it might have been the only time.

• Thanks 1