Live - Harmony of the Seas - Nov 5, 2023

Rewind

20 hours ago, heffa72 said:

Ok great, I read on a different post that you have to look for the activity once you board as they don't list it prior to that for reservations/sign-up...but wasn't sure if that was still the case currently (post was 6 months ago).

You will see it on the app but won't be able to reserve.  There will be a sign up but not on the app.   You go prior to the first session (usually 30 minutes) and sign up for a time.  At least that is how it has been on other ships I have been on.

• Thanks 1

We went and saw the iSkate performance.  It's billed as more of a skating showcase and being "freeform" but it is still completely scripted and staged.

However, this is a much more fun show than 1887 and the skaters seemed to be having a good time.  My wife and I both agreed that Royal is trying WAY too hard in producing their skating shows.  If they just let the skaters skate, it would be much more entertaining.  

No pics of this show - we got there 20 minutes early and not really any good seats left.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, perfect match said:

😂🤣 Did Harmony get a new lifeboat? 🤣😂

Sorry, I couldn’t resist! I’ve seen many comparison photos of other ships with Oasis class ships but that’s probably the biggest difference I’ve seen.

PXL_20231109_153430106.thumb.jpg.9bb63c8f1475aab9f5ec32aa0bb64ee8.jpg

What ship is the little one?

The tiny ship is Hamburg - I had to look it up.  It is a luxury liner that has 420 passengers.

Cozumel day today.  We have been here a few times so we are going to take advantage of a less full cruise ship.

Right now we are sitting at the rock climbing wall overlooking the aqua theater and they are sanding down some seats as well as about to do some life raft training.

PXL_20231110_150238804.thumb.jpg.60a05a5058daaf224841cfdd8730c23b.jpg

PXL_20231110_150303178.thumb.jpg.eeda6b0af8f24768a44186d3f97399d8.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 11/9/2023 at 10:11 AM, pgmatt1234 said:

can someone aboard ask if they carry the Thursday night football games which are only on amazon prime? I sail next week and my Bengals play Thursday.

I was not on this ship but was on Allure the first part of October out of Galveston and they had the Thursday night game on in the Aqua Theater.  They also had a noon and afternoon game on Sunday there, the Sunday and Monday night game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, msperry27 said:

I was not on this ship but was on Allure the first part of October out of Galveston and they had the Thursday night game on in the Aqua Theater.  They also had a noon and afternoon game on Sunday there, the Sunday and Monday night game.

We are hoping to see Eagles against Bills Sunday when we leave pretty sure it will be somewhere. Rccl does a good job showing sports , a couple of decades ago they had a pay per view major boxing match free .

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

Is the screen ok during the day.  I'd have thought the image would be pretty washed out.

Screen seemed fine to me. I even saw soccer games dec 2022. Not just football. I had the last boardwalk balcony and heard and saw it way too loud and seemed clear on the screen during the day. 

Havent you been to the top tier party? They use the screens during the day. OP here had a pic he took during that event he photographed. 

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Screen seemed fine to me. I even saw soccer games dec 2022. Not just football. I had the last boardwalk balcony and heard and saw it way too loud and seemed clear on the screen during the day. 

Havent you been to the top tier party? They use the screens during the day. OP here had a pic he took during that event he photographed. 

I've only been on Oasis and the top tier party was in the theatre...  

6 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I've only been on Oasis and the top tier party was in the theatre...  

Oh all my oasis class been in the dive show area. Bright sunlight. Where they put the number of pinnacles etc up on the screen. That's why I asked the op to post it. Never did one in the theater on this class. And man do they blast it, op isnt kidding about that. I could lay on my bed and hear the plays called in the football game. .. with my balcony door closed! It's that loud. For me it looks clear on the screens during the day. I got a friend who is picky booked the end of boardwalk nov 26 and dec 3. He may be unhappy lol. 

• Like 2

Second formal night tonight, first performance of Grease, and the rescheduled aqua shows...  But we are currently rocking a bit due to weather.  I'm wondering if they will bump the aqua shows again until tomorrow.

Also due to the weather, I've noticed the Internet is a bit slower.  I was going to run another speed test but the app won't connect.

• Like 2

Sea day today.  They did go ahead with both aqua shows last night at 8pm and 10pm.  We went to the 9:00pm Grease show and the second aqua show just ended as we got back to the cabin.

Grease was a good show.  It is a shortened version going from song to song with great set pieces.  It has been a long time since I've seen any part of Grease and forgot how bad the overall tone is (would not work if it was a new show in today's society).  But the performances were outstanding and well worth seeing.

When we did get back to the room and heard the aqua show wrap up, they announced there is a second different aqua show today at both 4pm and 6pm.  They were not on the calendar of events until just very recently (they are there now but we're not there before we went to breakfast).  No reservations, just first come, first served.

Relaxing in the Solarium now but will be going to Captain's Corner in 30 minutes.

• Like 4

We tried a boardwalk on Allure deck 11, third from the end.  DH said not again.  He didn’t feel comfortable ever sitting on the balcony. As they are slightly rounded you feel even closer to your neighbors. Add the noise and lights, even though we don’t go to bed early, and I guess it was a one and done.