Changing Time on Boarding Pass

Flgreg

Hello---We are boarding Splendor Nov 20. When we completed online checkin Regent emailed us Boarding Passes with a boarding time of 11:30. Today we received an mail stating "Seven Seas Splendor will be ready for your embarkation based on the time you choose in My Account. You can adjust this time up until three days prior to sailing."

We have tickets that morning for a tour of Sagrada Familia at 9:30. After the tour we'll need to take a cab back to Le Meridien (assigned to us by Regent for the night of Nov 19) to pick up our hand luggage then hopefully get something quick to eat then take a cab to the cruise terminal. So we're wondering if we should check in at the terminal around 12:30 or 1:00.

However when I go into My Account I can't determine how to change the time on the Boarding Pass (I haven't had any problems accessing anything else in there) so does anyone have experience doing this online who can provide some guidance? If we just show up an hour or so after the time on the Boarding Pass will it cause significant problems?  I'll just call Regent if necessary.

Thanks.

49 minutes ago, Flgreg said:

However when I go into My Account I can't determine how to change the time on the Boarding Pass (I haven't had any problems accessing anything else in there) so does anyone have experience doing this online who can provide some guidance? If we just show up an hour or so after the time on the Boarding Pass will it cause significant problems?  I'll just call Regent if necessary.

Thanks.

After you log in to My Account, click on the link for Online Check-in. The next-to-last section within Online Check-in will allow you to update your arrival time at the port so you may select a time that is more inline with your expected arrival. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Moore said:

After you log in to My Account, click on the link for Online Check-in. The next-to-last section within Online Check-in will allow you to update your arrival time at the port so you may select a time that is more inline with your expected arrival. 

Thanks for this, Mike!  I was also having difficulty in "figuring out" how to do this (select another check-in time). My continuing Thanks to you for being so pro-active.  Best Regards.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, pingpong1 said:

Thanks for this, Mike!  I was also having difficulty in "figuring out" how to do this (select another check-in time). My continuing Thanks to you for being so pro-active.  Best Regards.

Same here, thanks Mike.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BBWC said:

I have never been asked for my boarding pass, so the time on it does not matter.

22 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

This. They don't even look nor do the buses from the hotels deliver you at the time on your boarding pass.

I think we'll just leave them the way they are.  Thanks very much.

• Like 1

I wonder about the On-Line Check In. Many of the items are redone, your picture, your credit card, your passport, your health paperwork (as needed) and some things like check in time is not really followed.  I think that it may be mainly useful to get you through port security so that you can get to the Regent check in. 

• Like 2

Agree. The time in the system doesn’t matter. We had the included bus transfer to the ship for 11:30 AM in the system. We were assigned a time for the bus transfer when we got to the hotel. We were late getting to the hotel because of a medical emergency onboard the plane. My 11:30 “reservation” time I chose when originally checking in on the Regent website meant nothing. Getting an assigned transfer time was based on what time you showed up at the Regent desk in the hotel. No big deal. I don’t know why Regent even bothers with giving the illusion of an assigned time to board.

• Like 1

For the sake of clarity and to pull the curtain back a little - the boarding times available to choose from are setup based on a certain number of guests arriving during each block of time, to keep the boarding time as short as possible. If the time block fills up, it becomes unavailable in Online Check-in.

If you arrive at the ship during a time outside of your boarding time, we will of course welcome you on (so long as it isn't too late) - there is just an increased risk that if too many guests do the same, everyone arriving at that time may start their cruise waiting in a bit longer line. But there is an actual reason why we do what we do. 🙂

Edited by Mike Moore
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Mike Moore said:

But there is an actual reason why we do what we do. 🙂

Thank you for your explanation.  We would all like to avoid waiting in a line longer than necessary.

But this will work only if the shore services work with it.  Our last Regent cruise we arrived (11 of us) at the hotel rather late the night before we sail after a pre-cruise. We asked what time for the bus (s) to the ship, and we were told 7:30. Well we ignored that.

The next morning we had a nice breakfast and saw that there were a lot of people heading to the ship.  We checked out of our room around 10am and headed down to the lobby.  We ended up in the chaos moving toward the bus.  So a lot of people got to the ship at once no matter the boarding time.

7 hours ago, Mike Moore said:

For the sake of clarity and to pull the curtain back a little - the boarding times available to choose from are setup based on a certain number of guests arriving during each block of time, to keep the boarding time as short as possible. If the time block fills up, it becomes unavailable in Online Check-in.

If you arrive at the ship during a time outside of your boarding time, we will of course welcome you on (so long as it isn't too late) - there is just an increased risk that if too many guests do the same, everyone arriving at that time may start their cruise waiting in a bit longer line. But there is an actual reason why we do what we do. 🙂

Just out of curiosity, what constitutes "too late"?

6 minutes ago, Flgreg said:

Just out of curiosity, what constitutes "too late"?

Generally two hours prior to sailing is the last time slot time that is available to select when doing Online Check-in.