When will Black Friday Specials be posted?

LizikinsLivesToCruise

I wasn't the greatest in school, but 40% off every occupant would = 80% for double occupancy. 75% reduction does seem like a better value when only for the second occupant.

I could be wrong, and if you ask my wife she will tell you I usually am.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, ambrtonj said:

I wasn't the greatest in school, but 40% off every occupant would = 80% for double occupancy. 75% reduction does seem like a better value when only for the second occupant.

I could be wrong, and if you ask my wife she will tell you I usually am.

I find it to usually be a shell game.   They up the price then up the discount.    The real proof is in the pudding when you do mock bookings before and after a sale to see if it's really a sale or just another shell game.

Having said that -  I have found some sales that saved me money. 

Also a good time to see if they put Excursions, Drink Packages and Internet on sale.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ETHTrader said:

Prices will miraculously increase right as the "sale" kicks off and the net savings will not be much of a sale as their marketing wants you to believe. 🤷‍♂️

Noticed today that all drink packages on my booked future cruises have gone up by approx 20-25% in the past couple of days 

Looking at the website, the "Up to 75% off 2nd Guest" sale is advertised.  I priced our 13 night cruise for May.  The base fare was pretty much the same but the discount came out to 50% off the second guest.  We got the 40% off all guests deal for $2,400 less than todays sale.  Maybe they will have a better deal for Black Friday.

On 11/9/2023 at 4:36 PM, AMediator said:

What is the best discount we can expect to see on Dining Packages?  I have yet to see a discount more than 7%-8% - I wonder if it is worth waiting to see the Black Friday sale?

I am watching for any better pricing on dining for my cruise as well. 

On 11/9/2023 at 3:36 PM, AMediator said:

What is the best discount we can expect to see on Dining Packages?  I have yet to see a discount more than 7%-8% - I wonder if it is worth waiting to see the Black Friday sale?

This was offered during the Memorial Day flash sale this year:

image.png.66227eaaab77b4c711bfac94756524

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

This was offered during the Memorial Day flash sale this year:

image.png.66227eaaab77b4c711bfac94756524

On my 6 booked cruises: I have only the 3 Night package for 7 nights and shorter, more then 7 night only 5 Night package. Today Both have a 7 OFF pre-cruise savings

Edited by gerelmx

6 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

On my 6 booked cruises: I have only the 3 Night package for 7 nights and shorter, more then 7 night only 5 Night package

When the specialty dining packages came out for our 14 night Panama Canal cruise (Summit, Apr 2024), packages for as little as 3 nights and as much as 12 nights were available. 

Edited by mahdnc

Does anyone have any idea if there will be any additional Black Friday deals over here in the U.K.? I realise the 75% off the second guest and reduced flight promotions are available, but I wondered if there would be any extra OBC running on the day itself? TIA.

On 11/8/2023 at 5:59 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I find it to usually be a shell game.   They up the price then up the discount.    The real proof is in the pudding when you do mock bookings before and after a sale to see if it's really a sale or just another shell game.

Having said that -  I have found some sales that saved me money. 

Also a good time to see if they put Excursions, Drink Packages and Internet on sale.

Often, shell game is a good description.  Just know sometimes there are real savings out there.  Not always, maybe 25-50% of the time.  Depends on how good you did when you originally booked a trip.  A few times I've had such good deals I could never beat it on sales later.

Can anyone tell me if you can take advantage of the Elite Plus 20% discount on drink packages when purchasing a drink package that is discounted through the current sale?  IOW - would I get 20% off of the Black Friday special drink package price?

I had two cruises on hold with a 40% discount on the total cruise just before the Black Friday sale prices were released. The BF sale is a 75% discount on the second person and a bonus savings. The pre Black Friday prices were considerably better for both cruises. Booked both cruises at the prices I had on hold. As others have said, it’s a shell game.