Panorama Nov-Dec 2023 sailings cancelled!

weezal

6 hours ago, lasvegascruising said:

I am with all of you...waiting for a $2200 credit to hit my credit card.  I had only paid for the cruise, insurance and port fees.  I called a few days ago asking about the refund and I know more about the refund than the person I talked to.  She said I would get FCC and I immediately corrected her on that.  She said to me "I should have read down further".  Yes, she should have.  Anyhow, can someone please post on this thread when an actual credit hits their credit card?  I will let you all know when I get my refund.  I want my money back!!

What was your sail date?

This Saturday, sad face!!!  December 2.  It was very sad when I had to log onto Southwest Airlines and hit the cancel button.  It was very sad when I logged onto Marriott and hit the cancel button.  I had booked Southwest round trip from Vegas to Long Beach $42 each way.  Yes, $84 round trip.  There was no way we could drive for that price.  Well, that deal gone.  Thank goodness Southwest just refunded to my account with them.  The bitter part is that this cruise was our 39th wedding anniversary and I had booked it a while back.  I have booked our 40th anniversary for 2024 on the Jubilee.  I sure hope this cruise does not go up in smoke.  My husband always jokes with me that he hopes we make it!  I tell him that be better do good or he won't make it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, adoris said:

Carnival Panorama still in Victoria……..complete with funnel!

IMG_4973.png

Absolutely gorgeous pic, thank you! ❤️🛳️❤️ I hear they may be removing the whale tail tomorrow and I see in your pic the giant crane is in place and ready. 🤞🤞🤞

• Like 2

We got the payments on our credit cards refunded within days.  I then went and got us booked on Panorama in May (paid with our 100% FCC), and Miracle in March 2025 for a 15-day Panama Canal cruise.  Our refund was applied to that, but we still owe about $4,000.  More days, and in a Grand Suite on both cruises.

48 minutes ago, Laurie S. said:

We got the payments on our credit cards refunded within days.  I then went and got us booked on Panorama in May (paid with our 100% FCC), and Miracle in March 2025 for a 15-day Panama Canal cruise.  Our refund was applied to that, but we still owe about $4,000.  More days, and in a Grand Suite on both cruises.

Wow, that's awesome! I wonder why so many of us have not gotten refunds yet. Very disappointing!

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the pics adoris! Her route and arrival in Portland on Saturday has showed up on the Marine traffic website. There are also posts on the Panorama Facebook page say she will leave Victoria at 10 PM tonight. I hope they are correct! 🤞🤞🤞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, LaRue1975 said:

Thank you so much for the pics adoris! Her route and arrival in Portland on Saturday has showed up on the Marine traffic website. There are also posts on the Panorama Facebook page say she will leave Victoria at 10 PM tonight. I hope they are correct! 🤞🤞🤞

I hope so too!

From John Heald’s Facebook page this morning. According to the Marine Traffic website the Panorama is still in Victoria but it is not scheduled to arrive in Portland (not Astoria) until 4 PM tomorrow so still plenty of time to get there on schedule. The best news is that the whale tail has been removed successfully and the Holiday cruises are expected to sail, yay! 

IMG_4711.jpeg

• Thanks 3

So happy to hear they were able to (finally) get the whale tale off! Now onward to Portland to actually fix Her. 🤗

I feel so sorry for everyone who couldn't go on their intended sailing due to this incident! I was of the lucky ones this year who got to sail her this year, a few weeks before all this happened actually.

My second cruise ever and a truly incredible experience!! Once she's repaired and back in Long Beach those who finally get to board and see her will be well happy they wait even after all the fuss and fret. :classic_biggrin:

3 hours ago, LaRue1975 said:

The best news is that the Holiday cruises are expected to sail, yay! 

Yay is right!  Great news for me.

Would I be correct in thinking the crew is still on board during this time?  I would think they'd be able to do extra or out of the ordinary maintenance, cleaning and stuff they don't normally have time or clearance to do with a full house of travelers on board.  

Therefore, could I expect a better than usual experience? With being a Christmas cruise I'm already expecting the decorations to be georgeous, but maybe the overall ship and everything else will be just a little bit better than usual?

• Like 2

The Panorama is on the move again and will hopefully be safely in the Portland dry dock by mid day tomorrow. This latest report is from the Ship Report, I will include a link that hopefully works and you can listen to her latest podcast if you like. I have been following her since the Panorama arrived in Astoria, it’s very interesting and she has good info on what is happening with our ship. 
https://shipreport.net/2023/12/01/the-carnival-panoramas-columbia-river-return/?fbclid=IwAR00qxQclbZdj_iMmEp76WZ1gIDCoPd8n4OeDJjm3au_3uC6p6m2bhrIzzo_aem_AaS0bcqLRGZE0WKJXn5nJedo_Zf4E_7T2iXveLctlrePD6WOemn5GuhhSZUMnxIW2rY

IMG_4714.png

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, AZ-EmptyNesters said:

Yay is right!  Great news for me.

Would I be correct in thinking the crew is still on board during this time?  I would think they'd be able to do extra or out of the ordinary maintenance, cleaning and stuff they don't normally have time or clearance to do with a full house of travelers on board.  

Therefore, could I expect a better than usual experience? With being a Christmas cruise I'm already expecting the decorations to be georgeous, but maybe the overall ship and everything else will be just a little bit better than usual?

I think probably that’s true and I think they have had some much needed time off also. There were reports of some of the crew out and about and exploring Astoria and Victoria and they are probably excited to see Portland too. The cruise director is doing a 14 Panama Canal cruise now that he was excited about, I think he’s on Legend. I’m just excited our chances of sailing seem to get better every day! 🤞🤞🤞

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, LaRue1975 said:

I think they have had some much needed time off also. There were reports of some of the crew out and about and exploring Astoria and Victoria and they are probably excited to see Portland too. The cruise director is doing a 14 Panama Canal cruise now that he was excited about, I think he’s on Legend. I’m just excited our chances of sailing seem to get better every day! 🤞🤞🤞

A refreshed crew sounds like the makings for a wonderful experience.  I'm sure it would be great normally also, but thinking this might make it just that little bit extra nice for our Chistmas cruise.

You seem to be very connected with everything and I appreciate your input and updates, as this is only my 3rd cruise ever and 2nd with Carnival. We did the Ensanada cruise in 2016 on Imagination to see if we like cruising & we loved it!  Then had 2 cruises cancelled with RC due to Covid but was finally able to do that cruise on Harmony in 2022 which was great and more relaxed atmosphere compared to Carnival.

We were a little concerned going back on Carnival after RC, but if its a big party cruise we will party along with everyone and enjoy it.

Our cruise on the Panorama was canceled on the 9th to the 16th of December.  I was quite devastated because it was planned for over a year in advance.  Because some family was flying in from two other states and it was hard for everyone to get time off, we booked the Miracle on December 10 to the 14th instead of trying to organize another cruise. This is a much shorter cruise and will not go far enough south to be warm.  We will make the best of it.  Some family members have never sailed so they should not be disappointed.

• Like 1

As promised, I received a credit to my credit card today.  Refunding what I had paid for the December 2 sailing.  How sad I feel right now.  I should be at the hotel I booked, with my dear husband who I love more than anything.  We would be so excited knowing that tomorrow morning we would be boarding the Panorama for a week of fun.  Well, currently I am typing this update and he is watching television.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kelownabccan said:

Off the coast of Washington now....about half way.....really rough seas.....over 4.3 meter waves....wow and only half power???.....not lots of fun onboard....yikes

4 meter seas is not really rough.  And, remember, that speed and power are not a linear relationship, but exponential.  Half power will still give about 2/3-3/4 full speed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

The Panorama is in the Columbia River and everything seems to be going well. The pic is downtown Astoria as she passed before dawn this morning, you can see her stubby tail. The Ship Report Facebook page posted a video of her passing under the first bridge she couldn’t pass under before removing her whale tail. It’s amazing but I couldn’t find a way to post it here. 

IMG_4715.png

IMG_4716.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

She made it safely to Portland and according to John Heald Christmas will be celebrated on board, yay! Here are some shots of the Panorama sailing up the Columbia River, not something anyone excepted for her to do. I think Carnival deserves some recognition for getting it done. 

IMG_4721.jpeg

IMG_4718.jpeg

IMG_4719.jpeg

IMG_4720.jpeg

IMG_4724.jpeg

Edited by LaRue1975
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/27/2023 at 5:44 PM, notscb said:

I'm also having difficulties getting them to honor their offer for air change reimbursement. It's honestly disappointing, but not surprising.

CCL would not refund my lost airfare even though the amount was only $85 pp and the cancellation was entirely caused by CCL. Not happy. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LaRue1975 said:

She made it safely to Portland and according to John Heald Christmas will be celebrated on board, yay! Here are some shots of the Panorama sailing up the Columbia River, not something anyone excepted for her to do. I think Carnival deserves some recognition for getting it done. 

IMG_4721.jpeg

IMG_4718.jpeg

IMG_4719.jpeg

IMG_4720.jpeg

IMG_4724.jpeg

Weird question…were these taken from Columbia City Or?