Wish they would ditch Black Friday!

Sea38

Being the kind of person that is continually on the look out for cruises I wish they would ditch Black Friday/Cyber Monday as everything that I have been looking at within the Royal Caribbean Group has gone up in price, either by hundreds or thousands!  Even already booked cruise drink packages have gone up!  RCG I wasn’t born yesterday 🤬

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Royal has started their Black Friday sale in the cruise planner so some folks with booked sailings are getting some "sales". Are you all with booked sailings seeing any better prices in your cruise planners?

I thought Celebrity BF sale was supposed to start today? Not sure 😕 🤔 

(Celebrity newbie here. I sail in Feb and was hoping for a slight reduction in specialty dining prices or internet as I did not book a package. Everthing that I could buy as an add on for my sailing is still the same price.)

1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

Today with the 75% discount for the 2nd guest the net payable is much greater than the discount they will offer for Black Friday, this offer is a mockery

Huh? The 75% off second guess still applies during Black Friday. The additional savings will incrementally increase until the 23rd.

10 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Every sale they offer is a mockery.

Not Every sale.

Earlier this year there was 3 day "FLASH" sale that covered excursions, dining packages, Wifi upgrades and DorND game cards,

I Re-booked everything for 6 future cruises and saved Thousands of $'s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, D. B. said:

Not Every sale.

Earlier this year there was 3 day "FLASH" sale that covered excursions, dining packages, Wifi upgrades and DorND game cards,

I Re-booked everything for 6 future cruises and saved Thousands of $'s.

It's a safe bet they were talking about the actual booking but yes, you are 100% right that the cruise planner flash sales can save you a boatload (couldn't resist!)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

It's a safe bet they were talking about the actual booking but yes, you are 100% right that the cruise planner flash sales can save you a boatload (couldn't resist!)

Not the Cruise booking but all the pre cruise goodies were %45 off 

that happened on September 1st. 2023

i usually have 6 or 7 future cruises booked and all the excursions,WiFi and Pre cruise Specialty dining packages so suddenly seeing %45 off I just cancelled my bookings and Re Booked at the lower price.

But you do have to check that the Item you want to Re-Book is available at the lower price Before you cancel the higher priced original booking

2 hours ago, blueslily said:

New to Celebrity. When do the "pre-cruise goodies", as mentioned above, usually go on sale?  I've been checking daily for our February cruise. 

Thanks!

It's guesswork, probably a sale next week for Black Friday etc but they have pop up sales also that just show up for certain cruises.  

People look for Black Friday sales in every purchase these days. Ant retailer has a big plan for it 

There are people who dont look at cruise sites all the time or  book 7 cruises ahead. People looking for a cruise vacation may look a few times (to get an idea of price) and then wait for what they perceive to be a big discount.  Any business's BF sale (true or not ) is now thought to be the BIG sale and the best pricing of the year 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, blueslily said:

New to Celebrity. When do the "pre-cruise goodies", as mentioned above, usually go on sale?  I've been checking daily for our February cruise. 

Thanks!

I got a notification through the app of 45% discounts on excursions and other items around Sept 1.  I canceled and rebooked 6 excursions for my Sept 2024 Mediterranean cruise and saved over $300, plus I added a post-cruise hotel package that had been more than I wanted to pay.  Not a shell game!  And it was a quick, easy process, all done online. 

I have no idea how often Celebrity does this and if it applies to every cruise and every item when they do it.  But I would get the app if you don't already have it and allow notifications.  And of course, keep checking the website.  Good luck!

One of my "maybe" 2024 cruises IS on sale for fare savings of $460 but with no OBC.  My current OBC is greater so I won't mess with it.  Already applied most of the OBC during a previous flash sale, leaving just enough for gratuities.  (Still have 10 more days to go on my current cruise before I decide whether to give X another chance....gluten free has NOT been up to previous standards.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joanne G. said:

I got a notification through the app of 45% discounts on excursions and other items around Sept 1.  I canceled and rebooked 6 excursions for my Sept 2024 Mediterranean cruise and saved over $300, plus I added a post-cruise hotel package that had been more than I wanted to pay.  Not a shell game!  And it was a quick, easy process, all done online. 

I have no idea how often Celebrity does this and if it applies to every cruise and every item when they do it.  But I would get the app if you don't already have it and allow notifications.  And of course, keep checking the website.  Good luck!

Thank you so much. Yes, I have the Celebrity app and I stay logged in on the cruise planner site also and check cruise planner items nearly daily. I think I was checking around Labor Day to see if there was a sale since Royal had a good planner items sale last year. Quite a few people, including me, got some good deals on planner items on Royal during that sale last year. No luck for my specific Celebrity Ascent sailing so far. But, I will indeed keep checking daily.  

Thanks 😊