Question about Mini-Suites on Grand Princess April 2025

Polly79

Hi there - I thought someone might be “in the know” and be able to answer this question 😊 

We are looking at mini-suites for an April 2025 cruise on Grand Princess. The only ones available to book are on D deck Aft. I’m wondering does this mean 1) all other areas are sold out, 2) there are no mini-suite type cabins available in any other areas of the ship or 3) mini-suites in other areas haven’t been released yet. We don’t mind Deck 9 aft if that’s what is left, but for example if some on mid ships are to become available in the future, bearing in mind it’s not until April 2025, we would then think about waiting before booking. Thank you. (Have included screenshots - note it doesn’t say “sold out” just “unavailable”, which is leading me to think it’s 3…)

IMG_3305.jpeg

IMG_3306.png

April 8, 2025 7 day LA to Vancouver? I see almost all mini suites available. There are 3 boxes you can select from on the Princess site, mini suite, reserve class mini suite and window suite. On the Grand Princess all mini suites are on deck 9, nowhere else. All mini suites have identical interiors and balconies. Balconies are 9ft x 6ft and not covered. Reserve Class means that you receive some extra benefits the most important being Reserve Class dining. Reserve Class is a section of the deck 6 Da Vinci DR. The menu is the same as the rest of the DR except that there is one additional evening selection. Dining is walk in with prompt seating. Service is improved. I do notice that there are two window suites available. These are full suites and receive full suite benefits. There are only 7 of them and they reserve very quickly as the fares are only slightly higher then mini suite fares.

I noticed that the April 8th cruise ends on the 15th. The next scheduled voyage is May 8th. It appears that the April 8th voyage is the last one before dry dock. There may be some pre dry dock activity on board during the cruise. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, skynight said:

April 8, 2025 7 day LA to Vancouver? I see almost all mini suites available. There are 3 boxes you can select from on the Princess site, mini suite, reserve class mini suite and window suite. On the Grand Princess all mini suites are on deck 9, nowhere else. All mini suites have identical interiors and balconies. Balconies are 9ft x 6ft and not covered. Reserve Class means that you receive some extra benefits the most important being Reserve Class dining. Reserve Class is a section of the deck 6 Da Vinci DR. The menu is the same as the rest of the DR except that there is one additional evening selection. Dining is walk in with prompt seating. Service is improved. I do notice that there are two window suites available. These are full suites and receive full suite benefits. There are only 7 of them and they reserve very quickly as the fares are only slightly higher then mini suite fares.

I noticed that the April 8th cruise ends on the 15th. The next scheduled voyage is May 8th. It appears that the April 8th voyage is the last one before dry dock. There may be some pre dry dock activity on board during the cruise. 

Thank you so much, this is all very helpful. I was just wondering, as I was only able to see a small selection on deck 9, if I am to assume the others are sold out. (I don’t have all that number of boxes to choose from - just mini suite, ocean view, balcony and suite - maybe because there are 4 of us).  Will do some further research. Thank you. What would dry dock activity be? 

Edit - I have just found the other options in the other areas of deck 9! Thank you so much! (I had to press the down arrow to see more Mini Suite options, rather than blanket select mini suite! - silly mistake really - I’m very pleased to see more to select from 😊)

Edited by Polly79
Found a solution!

1 hour ago, skynight said:

I've stayed several times on a Mini Suite on Deck 8. Princess has decided to make Cat ME, of which these 12 are , guarantee only. On Deck 9 Mini suites D110-D223 are also Cat ME.

• Thanks 1

Yes I forgot about the deck 8 minis. There are 12 all the way aft on deck 8 with covered balconies.

" What would dry dock activity be?"

Standard dry dock includes cleaning, blasting, and painting the hull. Inspecting and repairing the props, thrusters and all that operational stuff at or below the water line. There is normally some work in the passenger areas. Things like replacing carpets, bedding, lighting. Maybe some upgrades to the galley areas. I've seen new chairs and sometimes re-upholstery of old chairs. What is scheduled for the passenger areas can be very little or a lot.

While you are on board you might see some preliminary prep work. Example may be new carpet being installed in some areas. You might see extra contractor supervisors who are on board getting ready for their crews. Once the last passenger and crew member disembarks, work begins.  

• Thanks 1

For a 4 people in a minisuite - the 3rd birth is the couch and the 4th is above the couch (from the wall/ceiling).

Not all mini suites will have a bed that comes from the wall/ceiling to accommodate 4.

All of the mini suites have the couch though which makes into a bed (for 3rd person).

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Coral said:

For a 4 people in a minisuite - the 3rd birth is the couch and the 4th is above the couch (from the wall/ceiling).

Not all mini suites will have a bed that comes from the wall/ceiling to accommodate 4.

All of the mini suites have the couch though which makes into a bed (for 3rd person).

Thank you - this is my answer isn’t it. They have shown me what’s available for 4 people and I imagine these will be the only ones that will have the 4th berth in the ceiling. Thanks so much, I am happy to have solved the mystery!