October 19 Transatlantic on the Reflection: My Thoughts

Fogtownrog

After a wild limo ride to the dock in Barcelona we arrived around 1PM.  There was a short line that moved quickly. Security and Docs check was fast and I found my perch in the Martini Bar fifteen minutes later, while my better half fixed our late sitting table for two.  I met up with him 10” later after he took care of our table and went up to Deck 5 to complete our Muster check in.  Then to the Mast Grill for a burger and fries.  Not so great, but we weren’t ready to face the crowds in the Oceanview.  Then headed to the Sunset Bar to enjoy the afternoon.  Bar service was 10 out of 10, a notable achievement considering half of the ship seemed to be there!

And thus our cruise began.  I’m not going to bore you with our day to day routine.  I’d just like to say how wonderful it was to be back on the Reflection. I was a bit concerned as this was our first Celebrity Cruise since the pandemic.  But I have to say I was impressed. Not much had changed.  Yes the food selection in the MDR and Oceanview wasn’t as great as it used to be, but the quality was mostly as it was. This is 2023 and the world has changed. I understand that our new CEO is aware and hopefully has resolved the matter. 

I was impressed by how well the ship has been maintained with one exception   Our cabin seemed a bit tired as the furniture was worn and frayed. Celebrity needs to fix that soon!

The entertainment has really improved.  Although I find dj music and silent disco boring, there was still a couple of live bands that saved the day.  Halloween was the best night.  Moving the party indoors due to rain really made the party more vibrant and fun as the guests on board, campy, glamorous and fun, played a huge role.  I had so much fun. 

I enjoyed our bartenders and servers everywhere.  The crew is definitely Celebrity’s prime asset.  I am so thankful for everything they did from start to finish. 

Debark was for the dogs this year.  We had hired a porter as normally they can speed things up, but this time they could not.  We were told that this slow down was due to lack of electronic face recognition.  Hopefully Celebrity and RCL can pressure the port and DHS to innovate and provide better service at the port. 

Here is a link to my pictures!  Enjoy!!!

Fall 2023 Westbound Transatlantic

• Like 6
  • Thanks 8

3 hours ago, Miss SeaBee said:

Stunning photos! Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I am looking forward to sailing Reflection in April. My favorite ship! ❤️

Ours too!

38 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

Beautiful photos. (I looked at some others of yours, and your favorites - they brought me great joy - thank you!)

Thank you!

Weather was great, 70’s with mostly sunny or mostly sunny.  I wore shorts and a polo shirt most of the time and pants and jacket on the cooler or rainy days.  I almost don’t bother with their formal or chic nights as nobody dresses up anymore.  But on those nights I’d wear a dress shirt and dark designer jeans.    On our westbound trans-Atlantic we sailed on HAL for the first time.  In April it was cold and rainy for most of the crossing.  

On 11/13/2023 at 7:17 PM, CardowMD said:

Amazing photos! What camera did you use? The clarity and definition are spectacular!

I use a Nikon Z6 II which is a great camera!!  I also use the back button to lock in focus.  Also I work on contrast in post.  

• Like 1

On 11/13/2023 at 10:44 AM, Fogtownrog said:

Weather was great, 70’s with mostly sunny or mostly sunny.  I wore shorts and a polo shirt most of the time and pants and jacket on the cooler or rainy days.  I almost don’t bother with their formal or chic nights as nobody dresses up anymore.  But on those nights I’d wear a dress shirt and dark designer jeans.    On our westbound trans-Atlantic we sailed on HAL for the first time.  In April it was cold and rainy for most of the crossing.  

Guess you missed our table….dressed up and wearing lots of bling…..

This was my first transatlantic. I was disappointed With the weather.  Wish sun was out and not so windy.  I loved the experience.  Definitely like gaining an hour each night. West to East has it advantages. I was afraid of hurricane season  causing problems. Very port intensive first several days. I especially liked when the Captain had his rock concert. He played guitar and sang great songs for an hour.  What a treat.  If you love cruising, a transatlantic is for you !!!