LIVE from the Reflection Nov 12-19

kk20

2 minutes ago, hcat said:

Agree, esp overnight..it creates a serial air issue in the hallway...along with a loud whoosing  whistle in other cabins.   We had to put a blanket at our cabin door to muffle.. stewards went along  the hallway reminding folks to close their doors.. 

the balcony is a nice spot..but   hope all close their cabin door  (and don't get locked out!)

Fortunately it's impossible to get "locked out" unless your cabin companion deliberately turns the little white knob located near the top of the fixed part of the doors.

Wow…..who knew that sitting with our balcony door open for just over an hour would garner such a response! We’ve sailed in regular balconies that have created the wind tunnel effect but our current cabin has an extra deep balcony on the backside of the ship’s hump and has little to no wind!

We’re currently cruising towards Cozumel and enjoying some treats from al bacio. Our empty pastry bag, straw wrapper and tops from our coffees are not moving one bit. On a side note, I purchased a neoprene drink holder off amazon that folds flat. It’s been great for our daily coffee and pastry runs! Highly recommend 

IMG_1302.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, the penguins said:

Fortunately it's impossible to get "locked out" unless your cabin companion deliberately turns the little white knob located near the top of the fixed part of the doors.

it has happened! 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, kk20 said:

Wow…..who knew that sitting with our balcony door open for just over an hour would garner such a response! We’ve sailed in regular balconies that have created the wind tunnel effect but our current cabin has an extra deep balcony on the backside of the ship’s hump and has little to no wind!

I don't think they are wrong or rude in their responses. I believe they posted, just so everyone is aware of the open balcony door consequences on ac and wind etc to other cabins.
Enjoying your review very much and hope you are feeling better from the "sushi attack" 😁

• Thanks 1

Lol….apparently we were destined to not do any excursions on this trip. Just received a message that due to unfavourable conditions, our snorkelling trip has been cancelled.
Guess I’ll wonder down to the spa and see what specials they’re offering….

2 hours ago, kk20 said:

We’re currently cruising towards Cozumel and enjoying some treats from al bacio. Our empty pastry bag, straw wrapper and tops from our coffees are not moving one bit. On a side note, I purchased a neoprene drink holder off amazon that folds flat. It’s been great for our daily coffee and pastry runs! Highly recommend 

IMG_1302.jpeg

The wind effect is not outside on the balcony it's inside the room. As you can't switch off the Aircon on S or M class ships all the time the balcony door is open the Aircon is working flat out to maintain whatever setting the thermostat is on.

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I don't think they are wrong or rude in their responses. I believe they posted, just so everyone is aware of the open balcony door consequences on ac and wind etc to other cabins.
Enjoying your review very much and hope you are feeling better from the "sushi attack" 😁

Correct. Not everyone, especially new cruisers, appreciates or is even aware of the issue or the consequences. Hence each balcony door has the notice about keeping it closed.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2023 at 11:15 AM, themutis said:

Are you using the wifi?  And if so do you have the standard or premium?   We are wondering about the performance.

Just off Eclipse and the standard wifi is throttled so you can't watch any videos. YouTube won't even load the page. It's ok for basic web surfing and email. I had premium and my husband had standard so we could see the difference. He kept having to "borrow" my wifi so he could accomplish things he wanted to do. With premium it was almost like being at home, though slower of course. But nothing to complain about.

• Like 1

Since this is a port day, the spa had $50 off massages. I decided to book a 50min swedish massage and it was freakin fantastic! The only odd thing I found was that my masseuse didn’t wipe all the oil off me when she was finished? But I did appreciate that she didn’t try the hard sell of products when we were done

We’re now relaxing with a cold beverage in hand at the sunset bar and watching X (twitter) for any leaf game updates 

IMG_1385.jpeg

IMG_1386.jpeg

• Like 6

On 11/15/2023 at 12:49 PM, annenj said:

@kk20Martini bar is one of our favorite place to visit. 😉 

What's the average martini cost these days? Wondering if classic package covers most or if you're better off with the premium.

If you have a pic of the menu, that would be great!

Better late, than never! Here’s the current martini bar menu

IMG_1388.thumb.jpeg.df0a9b2f89fb17506290bfe4e9487303.jpeg

IMG_1387.jpeg

IMG_1389.jpeg

• Like 3

We had another fabulous dinner in Murano last night. I had the lobster bisque again as a starter and the dover sole as my main course. Dave enjoyed the pork belly appetizer and had their venison for his main. Once again, we were too full for their cheese course or dessert and the service was outstanding! 

• Like 2

Can anyone comment on the balcony furniture in Aqua on the Reflection?  Do they still have the chairs that adjust and foot stools?  We spend a lot of time on the balcony, and the foot stools/ottomans have been removed from some of the ships and verandah categories. We love sitting on balcony with our feet up, beverage in hand, and watching the world go by ❤️🛳️🌴 Thanks!

Edited by 81Zoomie

@kk20 Thanks for posting the martini bar menu! In a week (and a few hours) from now, I will be partaking in their offerings. 🙂 

I also appreciate the review of Murano. We plan to hit Tuscan Grill, Murano, and the Lawn Club while on our cruise. 

I've enjoyed your posts. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

I forgot to post about our amusing tick tick ticking cabin event! When we left grand cayman I came back to our cabin for a quick nap before dinner and discovered we had an annoying ticking sound coming from behind where the television is mounted. I did the normal jingling of the cable wires, banging on the wood paneling and wall behind, but nothing was helping. So I ended up calling guest services to ask if they’d send someone up to fix it.

The assistant housekeeping manager promptly arrived and tried all the same things I had done. He apologized profusely and asked if he could send maintenance in while we were at dinner. I said yes, of course and we set a time of 7pm for them to come. 
At 6:30 the maintenance man knocked on our door and came to have a look as well. He ended up using our desk chair to stand up on the counter top to try to see down behind the wood panel. I think he figured he’d have to get help and take off the panel behind the tv and called for the supervisor to come meet him in our cabin. 
While we were waiting for the supervisor, he opened the cabinet doors to the fridge and safe…..turns out the ticking was just the safe door rattling from the ship’s vibrations!!! The sound was traveling up behind the cabinet walls and out the top vents! 
We all had a good laugh about it and I used the assistant housekeeping manager’s business card, folded in half, wedged between the door and frame of the safe to stop the rattling.

So if you suddenly have an annoying tick tick ticking in your cabin, check the safe 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, kk20 said:

Since this is a port day, the spa had $50 off massages. I decided to book a 50min swedish massage and it was freakin fantastic! The only odd thing I found was that my masseuse didn’t wipe all the oil off me when she was finished? But I did appreciate that she didn’t try the hard sell of products when we were done

We’re now relaxing with a cold beverage in hand at the sunset bar and watching X (twitter) for any leaf game updates 

IMG_1385.jpeg

IMG_1386.jpeg

Sunset Bar area looks great..and up to date furniture... Glad u loved the massage!

• Thanks 1

Just finished a fantastic lunch at the porch! They served a warm garlic bread and cheese loaf to start and we both had their snapper ceviche, hamachi crudo, and their seafood tower (or as Dave pointed out - it’s more of a single story walk-up 😅

IMG_1402.jpeg

IMG_1403.jpeg

IMG_1404.jpeg

IMG_1406.jpeg

Edited by kk20
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/17/2023 at 8:54 AM, kk20 said:

IMG_1302.jpeg

The bag for the coffee is brilliant!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/18/2023 at 1:58 AM, hcat said:

it has happened! 

Sure has. To our solo neighbour in an accessible SV cabin on the Apex in July. The poor woman had gone outside to watch the sunrise and the door slid shut and couldn’t be opened. Fortunately she had a robe on to keep warm. She called out several hours later after hearing us go out to our balcony. We had to ring down for someone to go into her cabin and open up the door. 

• Like 2