LIVE with Georgia Peaches on the Brand NEW Ascent...B2B November 22-29 Pre-Pre-Maiden Voyage!

Georgia_Peaches

10 minutes ago, TourDeCruise said:

I am so enjoying your live report as we are boarding in a little over a week for the Maiden Voyage cruise.

In addition to the Baked Brie appetizer in Normandy, was the other appetizer Coquille St. Jacques with scallops? Hope so as I make the delicious Baked Brie and Coquille St. Jacques my entree.

Happy Anniversary and happy cruising!

Thank you!

Yes, to the scallop dish. No way I would have remembered the name, so thank you!  Both were delicious and new for us!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lv2cruisgrl said:

We just got off Beyond and noticed rooms still being serviced late at night. Also bar service was slow. Seems not enough staff 

We are boarding soon; I went through that on one of my b2b cruises on the same ship with our new cabin attendant.  It never got better, so we just rolled with it and got towels too, using our Do Not Disturb sign more than ever.

3 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Many might not know you don't have to "quote" the entire post with pictures taking up so much space.  You can left click hold and highlight just text  and the "quote".button will appear.  Just a tip not trying to be snarky

What a great tip!

14 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

We are onboard this sailing as well and our biggest gripe at this point is our cabin steward and the lack of service. It’s almost 10pm and our room has not been made up yet. We have been out of the room since about 5pm so I’m not sure why it’s taking this long.

I tracked him down as he was cleaning another room and I asked for fresh towels and got them. 

Bartenders can be a bit slow in some bars on the ship, which is also a bit odd. I would have thought they would have brought over the best of the best crew from other ships onto their new ship. 

Hopefully things will pick up. 

Food has been good so far and good service in MDRs and in Blu. 

if it's that late I,d chat with him...hss to do better...We dine early and are out of the cabin by 6  and sometines back by 10 to watch a movie l, chill or read.

4 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Many might not know you don't have to "quote" the entire post with pictures taking up so much space.  You can left click hold and highlight just text  and the "quote".button will appear.  Just a tip not trying to be snarky. 😁

how do we do this on a cell phone?

( I think we cruised with you once..I recall the screen name??)

• Like 1

thanks.. I like the bed by bath...then my husb's foot does not hang over into the IV..when he steps out of bed.

I did not see orange

Pics are the standard Hoppen decor,  and I  see the fake coral in the niche.  You probably also have a vase that does not hold water... 

I find those colors sad, so I will bring on some live flowers for the niche and  a few colorful items to make it brighter!

All Hoppen "tshokes"  get stowed..same with the overload of pillows!

overall a  nice clean room!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

Very interested in your SV photos. We are booked on the Ascent in February and this will be our first time on X. We are booked in a SV which I think we were lucky to get. Would you please post a photo of the bathroom? TIA

Bathroom pics.  Shower door opens out but because of a lip on the bottom of the door it doesn't drip when opened after showering.  Toiletries made in China.

20231124_132725.jpg

20231124_132714.jpg

20231124_132700.jpg

20231124_132644.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Love, love, love the port debarkation/embarkation platform on E class. It just feels nicer than trekking through the bowels of the ship to get on and off.

on our way out we passed the Teen club. It was awesome!  Will try to get back for a pic.

Also, a little tip… one can easily get to the debarkation platform via a small spiral stair case right off the martini bar. A great little find!

Got off the ship to visit our fav bar on the downtown plaza, Woody’s. It’s a local place with nice music and great food!  Enjoyed a margarita and fresh guacamole before heading back to the ship. Seven ships in port today!

IMG_6255.jpeg

IMG_6254.jpeg

IMG_6253.jpeg

IMG_6251.jpeg

IMG_6250.jpeg

IMG_6249.jpeg

IMG_6248.jpeg

IMG_6246.jpeg

• Like 19

2 hours ago, hcat said:

how do we do this on a cell phone?

You can hit Quote and then delete the parts that do not add information needed to understand  your comments or just highlight the relevant text (just like you would to copy) and hit quote. 

Edited by billc23
  • Like 1

It’s a glass door, hopefully after my complete face plant into the door on Beyond, they hopefully marked the door so you can actually see that there is a door there 😂

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Also, a little tip… one can easily get to the debarkation platform via a small spiral stair case right off the martini bar. A great little find!

• Like 2

Joining late. Happy Belated Anniversary! Enjoyed catching up with all the comments and pictures.

I need to start packing soon as I'm flying down tomorrow to join you on Sunday in an S1 forward deck 10. Leaving behind my husband who doesn't cruise with my 6 month old rescue kitten Clancy. This will be my first Edge class. Decided against snorkeling in Nassau this time as I just dove the Disney Epcot tank twice last week and want to just explore and enjoy the ship. You can recognize me as one of the few folk wearing a mask. I pack a tray to bring food back to my cabin which has worked well... might pop upstairs from Luminae to the outside deck instead.

sheepmouse.jpg

Edited by twins_to_alaska
  • Like 8

11 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

And we arrived to our stateroom to find this…set up by our very kind and thoughtful cabin attendant, Mila. 

IMG_6241.jpeg

IMG_6243.jpeg

IMG_6242.jpeg

IMG_6244.jpeg

(i tried not repeat the pics but  could not figure it out...)

I think someone loves you even more than Mila..that lovely scene is a very special order!

How Romantic!  Congrats!

Reading this thread and seeing dome videos posted, I'm getting more and more excited about my first Celebrity on this awesome Ascent. Only thing I am a little not too thrilled about is the furniture on the SV balcony. Looks like a more comfortable chair is needed. 

• Like 2