Can one find pretzels and chips onboard?

greenbeanie

In the old days the martini bar used to serve a complimentary small carafe of pretzels & nut mix, but no more.  The shops on board that sell liquor usually have pringles for sale, and if you are in a suite you can ask your butler for a basket of potato chips.  

• Thanks 1

We recommend bringing your own salty snacks, and for that matter gummy candy if that is something you enjoy.   Perhaps a few as they may go stale quickly depending on storage and climate.

On a sailing in Edge class Retreat in March 2023 we saw potato chips as an accompaniment for lunch in Eden Cafe and in the Retreat Lounge.  Quantities were sparse.   Our butler in 2022 in a SS did bring Lays chips for a snack at some point.  He was likely let go, and there are no assurances SS will get any services.

On both cruises, we don't recall seeing pretzels anywhere, including no pretzel crisps at the store where Pringles were available.  We saw no seasoned bar mix at any bar.  Sweet pastries are plentiful. 

We observed essentially the same frozen fries (with a rice starch coating for crispiness) at all venues.   Some may have a spritz of truffle oil or sprinkle of parmesan if it's a specialty.  We didn't see any signs of a hand fresh cut fry. 

Edited by Cap_D
  • Like 1

I usually bring gummy candy since I'm addicted (stocked up this summer on our Apex Baltics cruise), and am now going to add some nice crackers and some chips. Also bring some trail mix.  In small quantities since we're not big eaters.

Before Covid you could get chips at the buffet and there were walnuts available at breakfast.  Have not seen them on recent cruises.  You can purchase Pringles in the gift shop if you are desperate (if I feel seasick and eat, chips I feel better).

It used to be one of the oddities of cruising that there were never any potato chips.  I love potato chips and only eat them on vacation so I noticed.  Our last few cruises have been on NCL and there were potato chips available every afternoon.  Saw them multiple times in the buffet, observation lounge and pool decks where the burgers/hot dogs are.  They also did put out the little bottles of "crunchies" on the bars but it was when they were not too busy and might have been because I tip. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cap_D said:

We recommend bringing your own salty snacks, and for that matter gummy candy if that is something you enjoy.   Perhaps a few as they may go stale quickly depending on storage and climate.

On a sailing in Edge class Retreat in March 2023 we saw potato chips as an accompaniment for lunch in Eden Cafe and in the Retreat Lounge.  Quantities were sparse.   Our butler in 2022 in a SS did bring Lays chips for a snack at some point.  He was likely let go, and there are no assurances SS will get any services.

Wow.  Let go because of eating Lays potato chips?  That’s a new one.

He should have been eating Utz rippled.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Utz-Ripples-Original-Potato-Chips-Gluten-Free-Party-Size-12-5-oz-Bag/812741325