Eden has certainly fallen from Grace 😂

Waterluv

20 minutes ago, jaywoods678 said:

I've heard they've toned it down a bit. When it first started, it was this strange cringe-worthy performance art. That's when we stopped going on Celebrity. It was clear to us the Edge Class was geared towards suites and millennials.

The entertainment in Eden is no longer Avant guarde performance art but instead a mix of performers from singers, musicians, trios, violinists acrobatics, gymnastics. The shows that debuted on the Edge during its first year haven't existed for years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

The entertainment in Eden is no longer Avant guarde performance art but instead a mix of performers from singers, musicians, trios, violinists acrobatics, gymnastics. The shows that debuted on the Edge during its first year haven't existed for years. 

That's great news! Thank you.

11 hours ago, jaywoods678 said:

That's great news! Thank you.

Not so sure about that.  On the Beyond this Spring, the entertainment was "unique" and definitely not as a previous poster had described.  Similar to avant guards.  Not my cup of tea.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, keesar said:

Not so sure about that.  On the Beyond this Spring, the entertainment was "unique" and definitely not as a previous poster had described.  Similar to avant guards.  Not my cup of tea.  

What type of entertainment did you see? I've been on the Beyond. What type of performance did you see that was unique? What we saw was almost like a variety show with multiple acts like a violinist, singer, gymnastics. 

I paid 131 for Eden (110 plus gratuity) it was totally worth it using on board credit. However I could only get it at 8:30 on one day and I ordered 3 months in advance. I am also elite and was in a suite so I am pretty sure none of those things helped. I guess if people are complaining they can’t get reservations making demand high then the natural thing is to increasing the price. This will lower the demand and eventually a  happy place will reached where demand and price match.

15 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

When we dined in Eden on Apex on the spring TA there was no entertainment at all in the restaurant.

The entertainment was outside of the restaurant by the bar.  It took place later in the evening around 8:30 or later depending on the evening.  During the meal, there was either a soloist or duo playing music above the restaurant.

As for the later entertainment,  it was like a play.  Reminded me of something you would see at a high school or college performance.  In all fairness, the troupes were changing that week and the performance seemed not  polished.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dateacher said:

How are they taking advantage of you?  Eden is an option that you don't have to choose.  

I think the issue is the increase in price.  I paid $50 before the gratuity and now it is listed as $85.  A 70% increase.  Now that is much more than inflation.  

• Like 2

We sail on the Apex in about 4 months.  We had talked about dining at Eden.  However, I am not willing to pay that for a meal. I have no doubt the food is good, but we haven’t paid  near that much at a really nice restaurant in our area.  We will be happy with the main dining room or other free options. ☺️

Edited by Esmerelda
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, keesar said:

The entertainment was outside of the restaurant by the bar.  It took place later in the evening around 8:30 or later depending on the evening.  During the meal, there was either a soloist or duo playing music above the restaurant.

As for the later entertainment,  it was like a play.  Reminded me of something you would see at a high school or college performance.  In all fairness, the troupes were changing that week and the performance seemed not  polished.

Just a reminder this WAS the dreaded entertainment in Eden when the Edge first debuted back in December 2018. Are you implying this is something similar to what you saw? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Esmerelda said:

We sail on the Apex in about 4 months.  We had talked about dining at Eden.  However, I am not willing to pay that for a meal. I have no doubt the food is good, but we haven’t paid  ear that much at a really nice restaurant in our area.  We will be happy with the main dining room or other free options. ☺️

Smart.  We paid the $50 per person when we were there. It was good, but none of the 4 of us were raving about it.  Would definitely not pay $85.00 PP ... that's crazy and before any drinks are added.  

Heading to Oceania'x new Vista in just a few weeks.  All Specialty Restaurants are included. We are excited about trying something different.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Just a reminder this WAS the dreaded entertainment in Eden when the Edge first debuted back in December 2018. Are you implying this is something similar to what you saw? 

Yes.  Very similar.  I am sure many appreciated the performance.  But after the excellent shows in the Main Theater, this was a let down.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, keesar said:

Yes.  Very similar.  I am sure many appreciated the performance.  But after the excellent shows in the Main Theater, this was a let down.  

That's news to me. I was just on the Apex in July for 12 nights and didn't see anything remotely like the initial entertainment from the Edge. And you say so yourself that there's soloist and duo music programming, which your initial response to my post about the entertainment didn't reveal. So to be clear, there is traditional entertainment being performed in the Eden like this wonderful musician and singer on the Apex a couple of years ago.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keesar said:

I think the issue is the increase in price.  I paid $50 before the gratuity and now it is listed as $85.  A 70% increase.  Now that is much more than inflation.  

The point was that this a totally optional cost.

Edited by PTC DAWG

11 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

So what are you paying for versus the other specialty restaurants?

I haven't actually dined at Eden but the current concept of the restaurant isn't meant to be dinner theater with a show specific to that venue. It's just another specialty restaurant. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. 

15 hours ago, Boston lab girl said:

I paid 131 for Eden (110 plus gratuity) it was totally worth it using on board credit. However I could only get it at 8:30 on one day and I ordered 3 months in advance. I am also elite and was in a suite so I am pretty sure none of those things helped. I guess if people are complaining they can’t get reservations making demand high then the natural thing is to increasing the price. This will lower the demand and eventually a  happy place will reached where demand and price match.

We love eating at 8.30. It’s the time we generally eat at home as well. Our dinner reservations for our upcoming cruise are all at 8.30. Works for us. 

• Like 1

The last time I dined in Eden on Beyond (March 2023) people were angry there were no reservations to be had.  There was however many empty tables and we were there for well over an hour.  Same thing as the Beyond in Oct of 2022.  The only time I have seen all the tales being utilized was on the brand new Edge.  It was when they had the strange entertainment and two sides of the menu to choose from.  That was the best meal I ever had in a specialty restaurant before or after.  My last meal there wasn’t even close to being worth $85.  

Whatever you choose to pay for anything is opportunity cost.  It is your money to spend.  My DH and I had an awful meal the first time we ate there, so no plans to return whatever the cost.  Celebrity is testing the waters with everything onboard using supply and demand.  There are people who will pay whatever to enjoy the ship their way, until the money needs to go for other things than disposable income.  Everyone has a point of no return!

• Like 1