My View: A Symphony of Gratitude (Live Thanksgiving Week)

APDMOM

20 hours ago, APDMOM said:

TIP: You cant cross over to the other side of the ship on deck 7 aft... in case that matters to you.

IMG_1554.thumb.JPG.a3a8f0962c3a5bb32c5e5a0dbeb8b7da.JPG

I never thought about this until our cruise 3 weeks ago on Harmony! We were on deck 7 portside, very conveniently close to the aft elevators. A couple of times (early in the cruise) we came up (or down) using the starboard side elevators and realized we couldn't get across to our cabin because of the Boardwalk! We figured it out after that and it really wasn't a problem, i loved the location. We just had to think about which elevator bank to use!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ajtaylor29 said:

I never thought about this until our cruise 3 weeks ago on Harmony! We were on deck 7 portside, very conveniently close to the aft elevators. A couple of times (early in the cruise) we came up (or down) using the starboard side elevators and realized we couldn't get across to our cabin because of the Boardwalk! We figured it out after that and it really wasn't a problem, i loved the location. We just had to think about which elevator bank to use!

We learned that from personal experience on Oasis class ships too… 😁 We would take the stairs on the “wrong side” and end up adding steps to our day 🤣

• Like 1

23 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Can’t tell from your photo, but are the usb charging ports usb-A or usb-c?  It seems that all of our devices now use usb-c.   

We will be bringing our usb charging tower that has 5 c’s and 2 a’s.

Only the old USB a outlets.  We have the adaptors for USB a to USB c, which works well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Thank you.  Our cruise starts the day before the Super Bowl so I'm sure we can watch at Playmakers.

I am sure they will also have it on the big screens at the Aqua Theater.  🙂

38 minutes ago, APDMOM said:

I am sure they will also have it on the big screens at the Aqua Theater.  🙂

I dislike watching the Super Bowl on cruises, and we have accidentally done it twice on booked cruises. I don't usually care much about the teams, but I really enjoy the SB commercials, and they don't show them! 

You get this same ESPN, or whomever promo, every few minutes. I am going to try and avoid it in the future. 

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

I dislike watching the Super Bowl on cruises, and we have accidentally done it twice on booked cruises. I don't usually care much about the teams, but I really enjoy the SB commercials, and they don't show them! 

You get this same ESPN, or whomever promo, every few minutes. I am going to try and avoid it in the future. 

There are plenty online sources for all of these commercials the following day if you really want to see them.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 7:16 PM, CaribbeanCrushed said:

We sail in Jan. This was actually the most expensive cruise we’ve booked.

Celebrity still holds its place in our most expensive cruises, consistantly being above $3300 for a balcony and 2025's Asent Sunset Balcony cost us $2499 for 2.  And I consider that a real deal for their newest ship, but we booked so far out it was reasonable... but ICON now holds it for an inside cabin!  Another deal at $2400 for in inside accessible.  We booked it last October.  Booking early is your best bet. Now that cabin would cost us triple what we paid.

On 11/28/2023 at 5:46 AM, FionaMG said:

Not a fan of early rising. I've always said that when I retire the first thing I'm going to do is throw away my alarm clock! 😂

Sleep is for the weak 🥱  We get up at 5:00 here in Arkansas....just can't waste a single second of the day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/27/2023 at 6:54 PM, APDMOM said:

I agree!  If a balcony were not such a great value for 3 people (with diamond discount it works out about the same or sometimes cheaper than interior), this would be our regular spot.  😄 

It's been mine on all my Oasis class sailings, I spend naptime there! 🤣

• Like 1

Thanks for the pricing comment @BecciBoo... Reminded me that I was going to post our prices of cruises.  

Prices only include RCL cruises with a balcony - somewhat 'apples to apples' since we usually cruise over holidays/summer due to our work schedules.  Prices are cruise fees plus taxes, per person, per day (not counting gratuities or extra onboard spending) in a balcony cabin.  We were always 3 people in the balcony:

Screenshot2023-12-02at6_49_09PM.thumb.png.4eeab58ff11e51258ed5c31476f6c6e9.png

Edited by APDMOM
Date correction
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Sleep is for the weak 🥱  We get up at 5:00 here in Arkansas....just can't waste a single second of the day.

Be glad there are people who sleep in or people like us would not have that magical early morning time when we have the ships to ourselves.

• Like 2

On 11/30/2023 at 6:53 PM, APDMOM said:

Oh!  I forgot another thing that we are very thankful for!  We had to cancel our cruise in January on Odyssey, which would have earned us our first crystal block.  We thought we would lose that opportunity, because we did not think Royal would keep up with the change... but look:

IMG_2004.thumb.JPG.802844b1ff755197d2680ac9e9181db3.JPG

We get our first crystal block on our next cruise.  Allure in May. I’m excited! 

On 11/30/2023 at 7:52 PM, Ocean Boy said:

You got one of the nice old style clear ones too!

I’m hoping we get the older style too, but I’ll be happy with whatever we get. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Be glad there are people who sleep in or people like us would not have that magical early morning time when we have the ships to ourselves.

My sentiments too!  Nothing like seeing the sunrise with a quiet wake view 😁

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Hubs loves his time walking around with nobody there too.  He does all his photos then so we don't have to later.  THen I join him for first breakfast around 6...LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Hubs loves his time walking around with nobody there too.  He does all his photos then so we don't have to later.  THen I join him for first breakfast around 6...LOL

And then comes second breakfast a little later which has to end in time to make lunch....😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3