Jim_Iain Live - 2nd Half World Cruise - B2B Singapore to Down Under 11/25 – 12/21

Jim_Iain

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I guess another cost savings (scrimping) move.  They have a new butter mold.   Looks like a mini rabbit turd. 

I can’t say why but the butter mold pattern seems familiar.  Cannot help but think I have seen it before but can’t remember where.m

• Like 1

8 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I read earlier that because in Aus/NZ all prices had to be inclusive of tips and taxes, so prices on the Edge had been raised to include both. At the same time the DP limits were raised to $12 for classic and $20 Premium.

Terry -   That is what our friends Harris explained to us last evening.    Not sure what they adjusted the max price under Premium prices but Iain hasn't been charged anything for the Steel

Marcon Village which he prefers even though less expensive...

ON the menu I have in fron tof me -

Chardonnay Elegance   -  $20 or $16 less built in 20% gratuity

Louis Jardot Steel  - $23 or  $18.40

Now attention to detail that I don't understand -  on the app in Raw on 5

J

ouis Jardot Steel -   $11 or $49 per bottle

Marcon Village is showing at $8 per glass

On the first night of the first cruise the Somellier tried to charge Iain for a bottle price claiming it wasn't sold by the glass --- Iain set him straight

• Like 3

7 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

This is what I don't understand with Celebrity of recent.   If the supplies are onboard then why aren't they available at point of service.   Sailing last month in Retreat, asked for Champagne, was offered the $5/bottle stuff said no I'd like the French one from the premium package, told not available, asked for Chandon, not available.  Bartender did go to the Cellar Master and retrieved something drinkable.

The next day was in the Sky Lounge and they had Chandon so I asked the Retreat bartender and he did get it a day later.  About day 5 he produced Montaudon for the rest of the sailing.  

Even if it was just loaded (which I don't believe) then it should have been available on the second day.  I really think they are playing the supply chain issues card as a way to limit consumption of the premium products people have paid for.

I read your reply to Iain and he said...  Agree --- except the stuff they pull out isn't even a Premium Product.     Elegance Champagne that they put in your room he says wouldn't even cook with it.      At least each level of upper suite they give a better bottle.    We usually offer it to anyone on board that claims it first. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cluso said:

We sailed on the Silly from Southampton in October, 2023.  Even though the higher limits were shown on the Terms and on the App when sailing from the UK, Celebrity would not honor the $12 and $20 limits.  A lot of people complained. 

Yea we have a friend that ordered a drink and was charged the overage to the premium package although was under the package.   He went to Front desk and they treated him like a criminal trying to get a $3 credit.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Did a short video of our Royal Suite.  Some how a couple other shot also were loaded. 

My first use of iMovie on my phone. 

very nice  video tour. very steady.

.With my visual issues, I think I would have problems with the  "Escher" patterned floors and back splash....Luckily (or maybe not)   we'll.never be on that suite!

How is it at night,?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yea we have a friend that ordered a drink and was charged the overage to the premium package although was under the package.   He went to Front desk and they treated him like a criminal trying to get a $3 credit.  

It is reports of occurrences like this that is starting to give me a bad feeling about continuing to sail with them.  Something like this would not have happened on Celebrity a year or two ago. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, 39august said:

Jim, I believe you mentioned it earlier, but, please, again, what is that chardonnay that Iain is fond of.?

Louis Jadot - Macon Village    French and aged in White Oak.    Even though not expensive he just prefers the taste.     When in Specialty Dining he often Enjoys Louis Jadot -  Macron-Villages which is his favorite Chardonnay.     Living in California we get really good wine prices as the tax is very low --- He really isn't a vinofile snob and drink what he likes not what may be of high price.

I on the other hand who doesn't drink pick the wine by the pretty labels.   LOL  

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

On 12/10/2023 at 9:26 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks -   One of the waiter showed us a Clip he downloaded (probably from Celebrity somewhere)    It was recorded by a number of Drones.    It was reported on FB that  they saw lots of drones.  

This is the hype video before arrival

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1047430406608497

Some very interesting images in there that further confirm we're most likely not  in Celebrities target market anymore.

With so many DJ and night club images I'm pondering their new tag line? Modern luxury clubbing for 40 and 50 somethings? Move up your P&O or Carnival party style? 🥳 

Don't get me wrong, I love a party 💃 as evidenced by feeling seedy today after a long lunch at home  with friends yesterday and imbibing in many a cocktail 🍸and glass of red wine 🍷.

I'm not quite ready to shuffle off to bed at 9pm either, so the search for  alternative cruising homes will be an interesting one🥺🤔

• Like 5

1 hour ago, hcat said:

very nice  video tour. very steady.

.With my visual issues, I think I would have problems with the  "Escher" patterned floors and back splash....Luckily (or maybe not)   we'll.never be on that suite!

How is it at night,?

If you have been on an E-Class they have light settings on the App and Thermostat.   They have light settings for Morning, Night and Movie -   with presets.

I think that with all rooms something may bother you but after a day you are so used to it you don't even notice    I don't care what the tile looks like the room in INCREDIBLE.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, goldsmip115 said:

Jim,

Will you still have Anu as your wonderful butler?

Yes -- he stayed with us even though it wasn't his area.   He dropped by earlier and we chatted for over 30 minutes.    I think it was you who told use about the magnets for his son.    We gave him some and he asked how we knew. 

I said Trish and Karen told us..... He light up and said he really enjoyed his time with you.    He is such a gentleman.

We have a new room attendant.   While our last one was top notch this one is beyond belief.   First day she arranged all of our things in the bathroom in neat rows and just has a flare to do things like straighten out my eye glass polishing cloth and leaving my sun glasses on it, like in an eye glass display.    Rolling up my charging cables and making the room immaculate.   I want to bring her home with us to pre-tidy up the house before our house keeper arrives.  

• Like 7
  • Haha 9

29 minutes ago, Redking said:

Some very interesting images in there that further confirm we're most likely not  in Celebrities target market anymore.

With so many DJ and night club images I'm pondering their new tag line? Modern luxury clubbing for 40 and 50 somethings? Move up your P&O or Carnival party style? 🥳 

Don't get me wrong, I love a party 💃 as evidenced by feeling seedy today after a long lunch at home  with friends yesterday and imbibing in many a cocktail 🍸and glass of red wine 🍷.

I'm not quite ready to shuffle off to bed at 9pm either, so the search for  alternative cruising homes will be an interesting one🥺🤔

Don't worry -   While they advertise "Modern Luxury"  you will be a spring chicken compared most of the people on the ship.     We never do the theater, silent disco, Club and are pampered in what we love doing.   We just love being pampered and living at sea as a world nomad. 

We also don't often go to the Captain's and Senior Officers Soiree and things like that.   The beauty of the Edge Class ships are you can do whatever you want or not want and still not feel like your missing anything.    It's your vacation and enjoy the way you like. 

Some people need to be entertained 18 hours a day and they have that and more but if you just want to chill, have a nap, a drink or find a quiet place to settle in at the Eden Lounge and listen to gentle string music.  

Think of it like you home.   There are Discos, Bars etc but you don't feel left out if you don't want to party like we didn in our 20's and 30's and 40"s and........

• Like 16

10 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

If you have been on an E-Class they have light settings on the App and Thermostat.   They have light settings for Morning, Night and Movie -   with presets.

I think that with all rooms something may bother you but after a day you are so used to it you don't even notice    I don't care what the tile looks like the room in INCREDIBLE.

I've got serious fomo.

We have a RS and an Edge Villa booked on the Edge for a TP next year which we're going to cancel in favour of trying new cruise lines. It's those suites on the Edge that kept us hanging in so to speak.

Ah well, we can always have a mini break up and reunite if need be 😁

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Don't worry -   While they advertise "Modern Luxury"  you will be a spring chicken compared most of the people on the ship.     We never do the theater, silent disco, Club and are pampered in what we love doing.   We just love being pampered and living at sea as a world nomad. 

We also don't often go to the Captain's and Senior Officers Soiree and things like that.   The beauty of the Edge Class ships are you can do whatever you want or not want and still not feel like your missing anything.    It's your vacation and enjoy the way you like. 

Some people need to be entertained 18 hours a day and they have that and more but if you just want to chill, have a nap, a drink or find a quiet place to settle in at the Eden Lounge and listen to gentle string music.  

Think of it like you home.   There are Discos, Bars etc but you don't feel left out if you don't want to party like we didn in our 20's and 30's and 40"s and........

We have to agree with you, the only theater shows we go to is if it is a good comedian or magician. No silent disco or Club for us. We like the pampering we get in the Retreat and could acre less about CC or Officers parties and meetings unless they are in the Retreat Lounge. The martini bar has become just too congested and crowded at night to bother wasting our time there too. We do not need to be entertained all day so they pool games and bingo groups are not our thing either.

On our HAL cruise in October on the Koningsdam, we discovered a music venue, Billboard Onboard, that we really liked. It has two dueling pianos with 2 good and entertaining singers playing off each other, doing popular songs and show tunes from the 60, 70 and 80's. We found ourselves going there every evening after diner, I wish the E Class ships had something like this. It also had an excellent bar that we liked in the afternoons for a quiet and uncrowded drink.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Redking said:

Thank you for triggering many wonderful memories. My parents lived in Jávea, Spain for about 15 years in retirement. They retired early and moved back to the States when they were 65. We visited them in Jávea frequently. They and many of their friends (who became our friends) entertained at lunch, either in their homes or at restaurants. Inevitably, the 1:00, 1:30, or 2:00 lunches would stretch to 4:00, 5:00, or later. The day after, many of us felt “fragile.” 😊🍷

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Redking said:

I've got serious fomo.

We have a RS and an Edge Villa booked on the Edge for a TP next year which we're going to cancel in favour of trying new cruise lines. It's those suites on the Edge that kept us hanging in so to speak.

Ah well, we can always have a mini break up and reunite if need be 😁

To be honest we also are.    Never having less than 13 cruises booked on Celebrity we are down to 3.   I'm sure I'll book another in April when we hit double and get a free Aqua Class Cruise (or credit against a cruise or room of our choice). 

I've been searching on Silversea, Crystal and Seabourn today.   Someone today suggested I check out SeaDream Yacht (Old Crystal Ship)

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, raudacruise said:

That balcony looks teeny tiny for an upper suite!

It is small but you gain it as an extra sun room -   There's a big overhang so would not be good for sunbathing.    They also don't have a Jacauzzi on the deck but have a HUGE bathroom and tub in Bathroom.    Push/Pull   we rarely use our deck so enjoy the sun room for reading and relaxing

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

It is small but you gain it as an extra sun room -   There's a big overhang so would not be good for sunbathing.    They also don't have a Jacauzzi on the deck but have a HUGE bathroom and tub in Bathroom.    Push/Pull   we rarely use our deck so enjoy the sun room for reading and relaxing

I spend as much time as possible on my balcony but I need shade.  No sunbathing for me, just don’t like it.  Wouldn’t mind no deck jacuzzi, I’ve never used it.  Guess I would use the sun room if no shade or bad weather.  Would rather be outside.

• Like 4