Freedom or Symphony of the Seas?

JEK98765

Good morning, 

I have Freedom of the Seas (ex-Miami) booked with 3 friends for my 40th birthday in May 24.  I have seen a great deal for a 2 bedroom aqua theatre star class room for Symphony of the Seas, leaving from FLL, same dates/itinerary.   

After reading reviews I am slightly concerned about the food on Freedom.  Love the idea of the bigger, newer ship, suite and all that goes with it.

Has anyone sailed on both Freedom and Symphony that could offer an opinion?

Thank you! 

1 hour ago, JEK98765 said:

Good morning, 

I have Freedom of the Seas (ex-Miami) booked with 3 friends for my 40th birthday in May 24.  I have seen a great deal for a 2 bedroom aqua theatre star class room for Symphony of the Seas, leaving from FLL, same dates/itinerary.   

After reading reviews I am slightly concerned about the food on Freedom.  Love the idea of the bigger, newer ship, suite and all that goes with it.

Thank you! 

I like both ships. I was on Freedom two weeks ago and thought the MDR food was very good and Chops was outstanding. I would not put too much stock in negative food reviews. While food is very subjective, with all the food options on a ship, I find it hard to believe when someone says everything on the ship was terrible food wise. Having said that, Freedom class ships don’t compare to Oasis class ships. Assuming everything is equal, which is rarely the case, Symphony would be an easy choice in my book. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Denversail said:

I’m not a fan of the Freedom class. They just feel like an enlarged voyager class. I love the Oasis class ships. I would definitely suggest Symphony. I love Central Park.

Freedom class feels like an enlarged Voyager class because that is exactly what they are.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JEK98765 said:

We have sailed on both, as well as Star Class numerous times. If you think the price is right then book Symphony.  Nothing wrong with Freedom but Star Class in an experience.  We are currently musing between a cruise on Oasis (CLS) for 7 nights or another on Freedom (OS) for 7 nights.  At half the price it seems like an obvious choice to us. 

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We have sailed on both, as well as Star Class numerous times. If you think the price is right then book Symphony.  Nothing wrong with Freedom but Star Class in an experience.  We are currently musing between a cruise on Oasis (CLS) for 7 nights or another on Freedom (OS) for 7 nights.  At half the price it seems like an obvious choice to us. 

Thanks I'm happy with the price for Symphony.  It's obviously more than Freedom but I think it'll be an amazing experience and celebration! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JEK98765 said:

Thanks I'm happy with the price for Symphony.  It's obviously more than Freedom but I think it'll be an amazing experience and celebration! 

You will enjoy it.  Once you sail in Star though you will always be looking. 😉

Edited by A&L_Ont

3 hours ago, JEK98765 said:

Just booked Symphony, can't wait!!!!! It's only a 3 night cruise so will have to cram as much in as possible! 

I will be the odd man out and say for a 3 day cruise, I would choose Freedom. An Oasis ship has too much to do over such a short cruise that you may feel overwhelmed. First time I was in Harmony for 7 days and I never came close to feeling that I experienced everything. Freedom is a great ship and I feel better for this kind of itinerary. That’s just my 2 cents. You will have a blast either way.

25 minutes ago, TheDawg79 said:

I will be the odd man out and say for a 3 day cruise, I would choose Freedom. An Oasis ship has too much to do over such a short cruise that you may feel overwhelmed. First time I was in Harmony for 7 days and I never came close to feeling that I experienced everything. Freedom is a great ship and I feel better for this kind of itinerary. That’s just my 2 cents. You will have a blast either way.

That’s what I’m afraid of, I’ve currently got both cruises booked so will have to make a decision. The star class is really swaying me tho! Thank you 

I would still say if you are going to spoil yourself with Star Class on an Oasis ship, do it on a longer 7 day cruise. It takes you a couple of days to get used to all the perks, pampering, and unwind fully. I know it’s not the cheapest advice, but again this is just me and my thinking. Again, you will have fun on either ship. There is no bad choice.

I'm a fan of oasis class. That's why I'm having such a hard time finding a price I want to book any more. Rcl upped the price on oasis class because it's more popular and people will pay more. Shows are higher quality, better voices. More food choices. I dont understand the argument do freedom because symphony will have too many good choices to see and do it all. 

I get your dilemma.