Morning or Evening

coolio111

Morning or Evening room Cleaning  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Which time do you prefer to have your room cleaned?

• Morning
    • Evening

We are not messy , there is nothing left out and about, the few pieces of paper go in the trash along with a couple of water bottles and we pull up the sheets on the bed so it looks tidy.

We dont consume any food in the cabin either.

So late room cleaning works well for us.

OTOH there are some rooms we go by and look in , and it looks like a crime scene . 

Only thing missing is a body.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sometimes we aren’t out of the cabin early enough for a morning cleaning so they have to come back a little later. I haven’t been on those since they changed to only once-daily cleaning, I feel like I’m going to have to ask the steward for extra towels to make it through the whole day since I use some in the morning and the evening. 

We just got off Jewel and didn’t even meet our steward till day 3. We just weren’t around a lot so he would just clean sometime in the morning.  We are like loman in that we keep things neat and I fixed the bedding in the morning. We only asked for wine glasses which he brought.  He did leave us extra towels.  He said if everyone was like us he’d be out of a job 😂.  Everyone’s needs are different.  You need to figure out what works for you!

• Like 3

I prefer evening and now knowing that the majority of people, albeit a very small number of contributors, prefer morning I will happily keep on requesting evening. Maybe the results will change as more people vote. 

Happy to do my part to even it out.

I like them to come in while we are at dinner. We always request that and so far they have always done so. I would not want to be displaced during the morning if we were trying to relax or get ready for something. I guess it depends on what you do with your time. I am in and out all day on sea days except during dinner time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I am not sure why you want to know what other people do, @coolio111.  You should pick whichever works for you, not what someone else prefers.

Kinda interesting to know what the difference (if any) there is. I often fall into the "everyone will prefer this or that" without thinking or asking why someone would want something different. 

• Like 2

We prefer evening. Quite happy to make our own bed in the mornings. We like to take things easy some mornings so it's good not to feel like we need to rush out of our cabin etc.

We ask for extra towels when we need them (or ice etc).

Had a really good cabin steward on the Odyssey this summer and would often see him in the mornings so it was easy to ask for what we needed

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jussabitconfused said:

I prefer evening and now knowing that the majority of people, albeit a very small number of contributors, prefer morning I will happily keep on requesting evening. Maybe the results will change as more people vote. 

Happy to do my part to even it out.

I like them to come in while we are at dinner. We always request that and so far they have always done so. I would not want to be displaced during the morning if we were trying to relax or get ready for something. I guess it depends on what you do with your time. I am in and out all day on sea days except during dinner time.

I know all ships are different and probably each steward but we could not get our cabin done during dinner earlier this year.  When we asked for that we were told she went off duty around 5 so it was really morning or late afternoon we could have.  There are pros and cons to each, but I fear we all need to be flexible and not count on either.

We honestly don't care. So the first time we bump into Stewart we tell him to get it whenever works best for him. He seems to be happy to have that flexibility. Other than the bed not being made, or the trash can having stuff in it, we barely know the difference anyway. We put things where they belong at all times. We only use the cabin for sleeping, showering or changing clothes - which is why guarantee cabins work so well for us.

Doesn't really matter to us.  We only had a few sailings with twice per day (we are new to cruising) and I always thought it was strange and a few days into our first cruise I let our room attendant know not to bother to come back for the evening service.  For us once a day in the morning is more than enough.  Now spend almost no time in our room so maybe that is why.  Heck in our 7 cruises we've never ever ordered room service.  We must be oddballs.

Morning - preferably soon after I finish breakfast on my balcony.  Collect the linens from wherever I've kicked them off, take the wet towels off the floor, and hang a stack of fresh ones.  Scrub the toothpaste and shaving cream off the sink.  Remove the banana peels and apple cores, and take my room service leavings away.  Finally vacuum the beach sand out of the carpet and wipe the nose and finger prints off the glass doors.  To really go above and beyond, wipe the crusted salt off the balcony glass so I can see the waves while I'm lounging.

Edited by gmerick
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I am not sure why you want to know what other people do, @coolio111.  You should pick whichever works for you, not what someone else prefers.

Well they are not really morning people so did a survey to gather information before applying for a cabin steward job. 😎

We have late dining and would prefer to have our cabin attended to while we are at dinner. We tried evening a few times and the steward would be servicing the room when we tried to hang out before dinner, getting our showers, etc. We asked if they could come later and were told that they stop working at 8:00pm which doesn't work for us. Our last 2 cruises with the new system, we just told them morning. Wife likes to sleep in on sea days so they do have to wait until she is out of the room.

We do ask for extra towels, wash clothes and hand towels. Do not like having wet towels after showering but we just push them under the sink area out of sight. We have always made our own bed. Do miss coming back to a buffed up room at night after the evening out on the ship.

Heck, we miss the daily planner in our room and if we happen to see our steward, we do ask for a paper one early on in the trip. My wife never met the steward once on our early November cruise. It is what it is.