Cost of wifi.. can I get a two single packages?

teddie2

Trying to decide if the plus package is worth it and so breaking down my costs.  I definately dont want the premier .. so gratuities I have and now looking at the wifi we each want to use our devices... if I pay separately its 14.99 for one device.. can I pay for two single devices one for each of us.. for 30 or do I have to then upgrade to 40 for 4 devices?  Hope that makes sense..  I know in the plus package its one devices pp but if not going to get the package then??

13 minutes ago, teddie2 said:

Trying to decide if the plus package is worth it and so breaking down my costs.  I definately dont want the premier .. so gratuities I have and now looking at the wifi we each want to use our devices... if I pay separately its 14.99 for one device.. can I pay for two single devices one for each of us.. for 30 or do I have to then upgrade to 40 for 4 devices?  Hope that makes sense..  I know in the plus package it’s one devices pp but if not going to get the package then??

You can each just log into your apps while onboard and purchase the WiFi for one device got $14.99 per day for the remainder of the cruise.  

With the one device plan, you can use multiple devices, just only one active at a time, so unless you BOTH need to be connected at the same time, you can easily ‘share’ one plan so you can possibly only need to buy 1 WiFi plan if you are not going to buy Plus.

I guess I did not word my question right. Sorry. What I want to do is get two single device plans so that my H and I can each have our own. I only see one device or 4. So was not sure if I could purchase 2 of the single device plans if I don't take the plus package or do I have to then get the 4 device plan,,? 🤔 

21 minutes ago, teddie2 said:

I guess I did not word my question right. Sorry. What I want to do is get two single device plans so that my H and I can each have our own. I only see one device or 4. So was not sure if I could purchase 2 of the single device plans if I don't take the plus package or do I have to then get the 4 device plan,,? 🤔 

See post #4.  You can each purchase a single plan.  

You can get Princess Plus (each) and that includes the WIFI as well as gratuities and drinks and a few other perks. The question is what and how much do you drink? If coffee, alcohol and soda isn't your thing then purchase the WIFI separate and pay as you go daily on everything else. You just have to do the math to see if Princess Plus is worth it. Or go a la carte. 

26 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

The price is the same for 2 single plans as it is for a 4 user plan. You may as well get the 4 plan.

This was true before the price increase. Now a single device plan is $15/day and 4 device $40/day. Platinum and elite loyalty members get 50% off.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, teddie2 said:

I don't know that you can purchase 2 plans, but you can purchase one & he can purchase his own...it can be done after boarding for the same price if you wish 

Princess treats each of you as an individual account holder.  So each of you can purchase wifi on your own account.

This is also true of the Plus or Premier package.  But the caveat here is that if one of you buys the Plus, then both of you must buy the Plus.  (no sharing, tsk, tsk)

7 hours ago, teddie2 said:

O K great thanks 

We are debating re the plus as we are not big drinkers so looking at the options of individual packages.

WiFi is $15usd a day for one-device package. Any one device at any time

$40usd for 4 device packages. Any 4 devices, whether they're yours, his or random strangers, at any time.

Plus: $60usd pp per night

$16-18usd pp per night

WiFi $15 (one device)

Already, you're at $31-33usd, depending on daily crew appreciation

Alcoholic drinks range $10-15usd. Have 3 a day, you "break even").   Have any additional non-alcoholic beverages - specialty coffees, bottled water, soda, juice bar, whatever - and alcoholic drinks "needed" to break even drop quickly.. 

Add in any of the other items, ie eat twice at Casual dining venues, have medallion shipped, try a premium dessert, exercise class, whatever - and the amount of alcohol you'd "need" to drink to break even drops quickly also..  

If you each average 1-3 alcohol beverages a day onboard, each want individual WiFi package - Plus Cruise Package makes $ense... 

• Like 1

Yes thanks I have broken it down. We are not drinkers and at the most would average a drink a day. I rarely drink only socially. I don't see us drinking everyday. Not into dessert. Even adding casual dining and specialty dining a few days does not get us to 60 a day. Close but still more lie 50 and that's a stretch. I guess we will decide just before the trip. We have time. If he can get his wifi and I can get mine that's perfect. I guess he has to do that through his app.

yes signing up for the wifi would be on the app, but you can do either the wifi or the upgrade to a package onboard & use any OBC you might have or just wait to spend the money later if you wish (we also don't do the package, as much as I like the thought of everything being included, it just is way more expensive for what we actually do, the one time I did have the package when it was new & less expensive, I felt like I ordered a bunch of things I didn't really want just to get my money's worth)