Virgin's Resilient Lady

4 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Bring me one of everything and a bucket

I saw enough to I know I won't get hungry.  In addition other choices deserve further investigation. .I'm a foodie.  I'll have to get menus photo copied so I can enjoy perusing them.  May even need a dictionary.

19 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I saw enough to I know I won't get hungry.  In addition other choices deserve further investigation. .I'm a foodie.  I'll have to get menus photo copied so I can enjoy perusing them.  May even need a dictionary.

Fine Print - One reservation per restaurant can be booked by the Ap prior to the cruise.  One  brunch can be booked on the cruise.  Breakfast and Lunch don't need bookings. 

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

One rule I follow - I don't eat those yummy bread rolls they bring around in a basket.  Do they do that on Virgin?

you think ??  

Korean BBQ....  plus a bread basket.

Mexican.... plus a bread basket..

/s if you didn't know .

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Looking for personal recommendations for excursions to -

Napier (15/1)  Cape Kidnappers (Gannets) or similar)  Have visited the art decor town.

Picton (16/1)  First visit (Drove through from ferry down West Coast South Island ?)

A round of golf at Cape Kidnappers. Rated in top 100 courses in the world. Only $300-$600. Not much more than some ships' tours. You may even see a few birdies up there.

Edited by lyndarra

Thank you.  I don't play golf nor drink but I do like wineries,  Last visit to Napier I bought wine at a shop in town. 

Which is better for wine and what type to take home for my daughters.  I

I'll ask them type of wine, 

BTW I like the little half bottles of botrytis wine.  Brown Bros Patricia is a favourite.

I love birds and wildlife and coastal scenery.

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Looking for personal recommendations for excursions to -

Napier (15/1)  Cape Kidnappers (Gannets) or similar)  Have visited the art decor town.

Picton (16/1)  First visit (Drove through from ferry down West Coast South Island ?)

Picton - again it's wineries - however CHECK your port schedule for your cruise (doing the 5 March - and times on this trip are 10.00 -17.00  - this doesn't allow for much time) 

I probably wont be getting off, didn't find much to do walking around the town (note its a working dock - and requires buses from the logging port).   

In the past I have booked a wine tour at the Napier. Information Centre. It was a good tour. If booking at the IC you need to be there as early as possible before tours sell out.

At Picton I have enjoyed a cruise tour of Queen Charlotte sound and steam tream to Blenheim.

Edited by lyndarra

6 minutes ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

We will be in Napier on 6th December and have booked to go to Cape Kidnappers to see the gannets direct through Gannet Safaris Overland. I can report back to you about the tour after that.

Thank you  That will be wonderful,  Do they pick you up at the ship?

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

Napier is a working port, so there is a compulsory free shuttle that takes you to the i-site (tourist info centre). The tour leaves from there.

Website is https://gannetsafaris.co.nz/?gclid=CjwKCAiA9ourBhAVEiwA3L5RFjrIaY59nMLAAccotpVnubwGKrsC2HM9Qo00O84HPYpBNg5ALBs5YxoCGPwQAvD_BwE

10 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

In the past I have booked a wine tour at the Napier. Information Centre. It was a good tour. If booking at the IC you need to be there as early as possible before tours sell out.

At Picton I have enjoyed a cruise tour of Queen Charlotte sound and steam tream to Blenheim.

Thank you  Picton looks a beautiful place.  We must have just flown through there by car hire from the ferry.  That tour sounds great if our ship fits the timing. We're scheduled to be there 8.30 am to 8 pm  Azamara Journey will be there from 5.30 am to 5.00 pm.

17 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I just checked and Gannet Safaris do not have any cruise ship tour availability the day you will be there. Napier Port schedule shows that Grand Princess will also be in Napier that day, so it will be very busy in town. Grand Princess arrives before Resilient Lady so booking tours on the day could be difficult.

6 hours ago, ozdevil said:

Resilliant Lady  has no seen  Australia for the 1st time   as it makes it way around from Darwin

image.thumb.png.5e207296caedd29c665d15b8ffd23862.png

Sheduled to arrive in Sydney i believe on dec 4

It will be a party in Sydney.  I hope they don't make Richard Branson dangle from the Sydney Harbour Bridge, as he would be game enough.  

Passengers will be happy to arrive in Darwin after the long cruise from Athens.