Virgin's Resilient Lady

17 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Has anyone cruised on Virgin's Resilient Lady?

I reported a couple of weeks ago, an old workmate and his wife are on the ship, repo, Athens to Sydney. I have been getting some reports…

1. Great and comfortable ship, great cabins and public areas.

2. Entertainment and food very good. Staff very good.

3. Drinks very expensive, all in USD and even the Americans on board think they are expensive.

Edited by NSWP

10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I reported a couple of weeks ago, an old workmate and his wife are on the ship, repo, Athens to Sydney. I have been getting some reports…

1. Great and comfortable ship, great cabins and public areas.

2. Entertainment and food very good. Staff very good.

3. Drinks very expensive, all in USD and even the Americans on board think they are expensive.

I remember your workmates reports via you thanks Les.

56 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I believe you have to pre book for dinner and the shows.

From what I've gleaned, it seems there is a free for all for dining bookings 45 days out from a cruise (midnight Miami time) and then another one on boarding. If you miss out, you miss out. Although some say you can generally get into most restaurants outside of peak hours because of people with bookings who don't turn up. Same for shows.

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

I believe you have to pre book for dinner and the shows.

Well after 45 days on board, I don't think you would care too much about booking anywhere. There are plenty of go bucket meals at the food court to take back to your cabin or on deck.

• Haha 1

I did follow an Aussie's B2B journey several months ago on a social media site I will not name. I must admit I'd never been interested in Virgin anything because it all feels a bit gimmicky to me but, after seeing this person's daily posts and commentary onboard, I was hooked. It looked wonderful, and I would LOVE to give it a try.

1 hour ago, mum and son said:

I did follow an Aussie's B2B journey several months ago on a social media site I will not name. I must admit I'd never been interested in Virgin anything because it all feels a bit gimmicky to me but, after seeing this person's daily posts and commentary onboard, I was hooked. It looked wonderful, and I would LOVE to give it a try.

I can see you enjoying Virgin.  I'm early to bed early to rise, so I'll have the ship to myself in the early hours of the mornings when passengers are going to bed.  That was the case on Luminosa.  I used to order fresh hand made pizza with the passengers having a snack on their way to bed.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

From what I've gleaned, it seems there is a free for all for dining bookings 45 days out from a cruise (midnight Miami time) and then another one on boarding. If you miss out, you miss out. Although some say you can generally get into most restaurants outside of peak hours because of people with bookings who don't turn up. Same for shows.

I guess it only matters if you really want to eat at a particular restaurant (all are no extra charge).  I have decided I'm not going to play that game.  I'll just turn up and wing it.  Same with disembarking.  I'll wait until those in a hurry have disembarked.  Best way for me to handle a big ship, being a small ship under 100 cruiser.  

We have booked for a 4 night Sydney-Hobart (and back!) on Resilient Lady and looking forward to trying it with the idea of also doing the October 2024 Athens-Perth repositioning.  I'm on top of things with regards to the app, check-in, Hobart excursion booked (beware, the cruise was in AUD but the excursion was charged in USD although quoted in AUD, so we incurred international transaction fees) BUT I would love to know what the entertainment on board is like.  Afraid to say I am mad keen trivia player and wonder if that's too old fashioned for Virgin; or do they do upcoming port lectures for instance???  Anyone able to help?

1 hour ago, helkatred said:

We have booked for a 4 night Sydney-Hobart (and back!) on Resilient Lady and looking forward to trying it with the idea of also doing the October 2024 Athens-Perth repositioning.  I'm on top of things with regards to the app, check-in, Hobart excursion booked (beware, the cruise was in AUD but the excursion was charged in USD although quoted in AUD, so we incurred international transaction fees) BUT I would love to know what the entertainment on board is like.  Afraid to say I am mad keen trivia player and wonder if that's too old fashioned for Virgin; or do they do upcoming port lectures for instance???  Anyone able to help?

I did see Trivia during my research.  I'll see if I can find it again.

2 hours ago, helkatred said:

There’s plenty of YouTube clips on this ship - if you are imagining Cunard and port lectures, then this is not the cruise line for  you.  Expecting big sit down shows or  captain announcements, again, not for you.

there’s Scarlet night (where the whole ship is red - so dress up in red ), Pajama night…l plus a few shows in the Manor.

doing the Melb to Auckland trip in March - but wish I could fo the Athens to Sydney trip next year. There were a few deals a few weeks ago offering decent bar tabs (we got $U900) 

Any further questions are answered here

https://vvinsider.com/

Edited by shireboi
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shireboi said:

There’s plenty of YouTube clips on this ship - if you are imagining Cunard and port lectures, then this is not the cruise line for  you.  Expecting big sit down shows or  captain announcements, again, not for you.

there’s Scarlet night (where the whole ship is red - so dress up in red ), Pajama night…l plus a few shows in the Manor.

doing the Melb to Auckland trip in March - but wish I could fo the Athens to Sydney trip next year. There were a few deals a few weeks ago offering decent bar tabs (we got $U900) 

Any further questions are answered here

https://vvinsider.com/

Well that’s just it. We have seen some YouTube clips showing PJ parties and all the dining options so as aware of that. However I’ve since seen mention of game shows and trivia so there should be enough to keep us entertained. Thing is - this itinerary is just fabulous and we can’t find an alternative. Happy to do Princess 👑 Norwegian for example but can’t find an alternative. 

5 hours ago, helkatred said:

do they do upcoming port lectures for instance?

Given how often they are visiting it, I think the entire crew will be world class experts in Burnie by the end of the season. 🤪

I also have a 4 day Hobart cruise booked, but in January. Who knows, if you are at the trivia I may see you there.

Edited by SinbadThePorter
  • Like 1